Question "This member limits who may view their profile"

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Mikej, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

How does this^^^ work? I look at peoples profile for all sorts of reasons. For instance, sometimes I'm surprised that a member that is very friendly, posts bunch of helpful, or funny posts, all around good guy, will have the above thread title instead of their profile when I hit "View Profile". I, personally, have myself blocked from showing my on line status. No particular reason at this time. I maybe should take that off. Does having my on line status hidden block my profile from being viewed? Not that i want to, but how does one go about limiting who may view their profile? There's a very new member, Tuesday, that has Tula 7.62 X 39/400 rounds in the classifieds for $200.00. o_O Am I missing something? Tula/wolf/ steel cased 7.62x39 goes for less than half of that as far as I knew. I wanted to see what his other six posts were but he is blocking his profile. Seems to me anybody with any firearms savvy and minimal knowledge about AK SKS and others would have a grasp on the price of the ammo? I don't want to be a thread crapper, but it seems someone ought to mention to him that he won't sell at the price he's asking.

2. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

At first I thought you were talking about me...... right up to the .50 a round for Tula.... LMAO!!

3. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)
    Civility is a two way street. Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I see it only counter productive to be a seller and block access?

4. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I PM'd him - he didn't change his thread so I guess he doesn't care how fast or if it ever sells.

Capn Jack likes this.
  5. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you go to the "Privacy settings " on your profile you may limit / block who views your profile to :
    All visitors...
    Members only ...
    Or Only people who you follow...

Perhaps the member in question has chosen one of the more limiting choices.
    Andy

6. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!

Then let’s all follow him and then we’ll have a peek! Who is it, anyway?

DuneHopper and Alexx1401 like this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!

We already suspected you were fulla beans.... ;)

8. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

I'll take two please. Post you address and I'll come to you. How's Wednesday work? ;)

9. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

Okay, thanks Andy. Perhaps I should block visitors? I presume that if visitors aren't blocked that means people who are not registered to post on NWFA CAN view my posting history? If so, that sounds like something that should be prohibited by default, WITHOUT having to do it manually.

Alexx1401, Joe13 and AndyinEverson like this.
  10. BlindedByScience

BlindedByScience
    Vancouver WA
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've limited mine to "Members Only"....I can trust this motley crew. The rest of them.....maybe not so much......:confused:

11. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

That's coming soon for me.

Joe13 likes this.
  12. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator with a Black powder affinity... Staff Member Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yep you have to change that option yourself...
    Just go to your profile....click the privacy options and chose the setting you want...then you may have to hit "save changes"...
    Andy

13. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

Okay @AndyinEverson ...What are "My Identities" as shown on my privacy settings? Should that be limited too?

AndyinEverson likes this.
  14. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

Some people come here to cause trouble. You can imagine? Some crazy scary people out there!

15. Camelfilter

Camelfilter
    State of Jefferson
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Can search by user name.

Either in the specific forum, say whichever classifieds section. If you wanted to see what other items a member has for sale in same section.

Cane search by user name from all forums, to see users content/other threads/other for sale items (if there are).

That users history is odd.

Seems to have either sold several firearms in a very short time frame, without giving nor receiving feedback. Or has pawned them, or has simply pulled them.

Claims to be making a rather large move, so there is that.

16. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.

@Mikej ....
    I am not sure of your identities...unless you have a cape and a big "S" on your chest....:D
    I'd make it members only or only people I follow , if I wanted "privacy".
    Andy

Flymph, Alexx1401 and Camelfilter like this.
  17. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

I've always had only one identity, I hope.:eek: If there's another, I hope he/she isn't making problems for this one! o_O

Flymph, Alexx1401 and AndyinEverson like this.
  18. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.

I hear ya there....:D
    I do wish I really could answer your question on "identities"...
    I'm guessing other screen names , IP addresses , networks , or some such....
    Anyhow it ain't a muzzleloader , so the only thing I do know is that I don't know....:D
    Andy

Flymph, albin25, Mikej and 1 other person like this.
  19. Alexx1401

Alexx1401
    Get Off My Lawn!!
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had never even thought about this but it does make sense to me. Changed mine so only other members can see it.

20. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

Yeah, huh?

MS2AConcealer and Alexx1401 like this.