JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
How does this^^^ work? I look at peoples profile for all sorts of reasons. For instance, sometimes I'm surprised that a member that is very friendly, posts bunch of helpful, or funny posts, all around good guy, will have the above thread title instead of their profile when I hit "View Profile". I, personally, have myself blocked from showing my on line status. No particular reason at this time. I maybe should take that off. Does having my on line status hidden block my profile from being viewed? Not that i want to, but how does one go about limiting who may view their profile? There's a very new member, Tuesday, that has Tula 7.62 X 39/400 rounds in the classifieds for $200.00. o_O Am I missing something? Tula/wolf/ steel cased 7.62x39 goes for less than half of that as far as I knew. I wanted to see what his other six posts were but he is blocking his profile. Seems to me anybody with any firearms savvy and minimal knowledge about AK SKS and others would have a grasp on the price of the ammo? I don't want to be a thread crapper, but it seems someone ought to mention to him that he won't sell at the price he's asking.

If you go to the "Privacy settings " on your profile you may limit / block who views your profile to :
All visitors...
Members only ...
Or Only people who you follow...

Perhaps the member in question has chosen one of the more limiting choices.
Andy

Upvote 0
If you go to the "Privacy settings " on your profile you may limit / block who views your profile to :
All visitors...
Members only ...
Or Only people who you follow...

Perhaps the member in question has chosen one of the more limiting choices.
Andy

Okay, thanks Andy. Perhaps I should block visitors? I presume that if visitors aren't blocked that means people who are not registered to post on NWFA CAN view my posting history? If so, that sounds like something that should be prohibited by default, WITHOUT having to do it manually.

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks Andy. Perhaps I should block visitors? I presume that if visitors aren't blocked that means people who are not registered to post on NWFA CAN view my posting history? If so, that sounds like something that should be prohibited by default, WITHOUT having to do it manually.

Yep you have to change that option yourself...
Just go to your profile....click the privacy options and chose the setting you want...then you may have to hit "save changes"...
Andy

Upvote 0
Totally honest question, what are you worried about them seeing you post? Maybe it's just me, but I'll stand by anything I post online, just like anything I'd say in person. And if someone really wanted to all they have to do is make an account to see your past posts.

Some people come here to cause trouble. You can imagine? Some crazy scary people out there!

Upvote 0
Can search by user name.

Either in the specific forum, say whichever classifieds section. If you wanted to see what other items a member has for sale in same section.

Cane search by user name from all forums, to see users content/other threads/other for sale items (if there are).

That users history is odd.

Seems to have either sold several firearms in a very short time frame, without giving nor receiving feedback. Or has pawned them, or has simply pulled them.

Claims to be making a rather large move, so there is that.

Upvote 0
@Mikej ....
I am not sure of your identities...unless you have a cape and a big "S" on your chest....:D
I'd make it members only or only people I follow , if I wanted "privacy".
Andy

I've always had only one identity, I hope.:eek: If there's another, I hope he/she isn't making problems for this one! o_O

Upvote 0
I've always had only one identity, I hope.:eek: If there's another, I hope he/she isn't making problems for this one! o_O
I hear ya there....:D
I do wish I really could answer your question on "identities"...
I'm guessing other screen names , IP addresses , networks , or some such....
Anyhow it ain't a muzzleloader , so the only thing I do know is that I don't know....:D
Andy

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews