JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The only Hispanic American who can speak German with a southern accent" Not only is this guy an amazing person but he has a great sense of humor! No amount of medals or paper can honor men like that who serve our country. Thank you Roy Benevidez.
:s0042:

This my fellow citizens, is why the US armed forces are second to none. True heros are not 10' tall, they're not "fearless", and they're not infallible. They're from "Small Town", USA... They're "ordinary" people who grew up in "ordinary" environments that rose up to the task at hand in extreme situations DESPITE their fear, becoming extraordinary themselves.

IMHO- the entire human race isn't worthy of them, thank God for grace.

The one main thing I miss the most about military life is the regular company of people of that mettle. The one major lesson I picked up in my tour of service is, "where your mind goes, your body will follow". MSG Benevidas is a STELLAR example of the veracity of that lesson.

I wish I were half the man I knew to be

I was never in the service and have regretted daily.
Because of people like this. Not because I wanted to be one, but to witness their love for their fellow brothers. There's a camaraderie that no other situation on this earth can provide.
These guys weren't born this way, taught to be this, or got this way through training. They do extradinary things in the worst of times, places, and situations purely for the love of their fellow brothers and sisters in arms.

"For those who shed their blood with me, will forever be my brothers"

IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2861.JPG

The fascinating thing to me is that men like this rarely actually see themselves as heroes. They typically say they were just doing what needed to be done. They find themselves in a terrifying situation and just do what they have to do, with unstoppable determination and no thought for their personal safety. Ironically, that IS true heroism.

If you ain't scared, you're incredibly stupid or a psycho!
While I don't really remember being scared while in the various firefights or other combat engagements
( patrols , LP / OP etc ... )
I do remember the Holy Sh!t We did What?! and I hope that never happens again feelings just after a fight or action.
I 'm not saying that I wasn't scared , but that I could still function and do my job while I was scared .
( If that makes sense )
It is very difficult to put into words all my thoughts and feelings about combat ( at least for me )
I did enjoy the video and the way MSG Benevidez could talk to a crowd.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads