JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I liked the character of John Rambo in the novel First Blood .
The book is vastly different from the movie of the same name.
Too bad a draft dodging anti gun punk played the character in the movie.

Thanks for posting the clip.
Most of the soldiers I served with were like this if they saw combat.
Quiet unassuming professional individuals who did their best under the worst of conditions.
Andy

Last Edited:
Hero is a word that I think is used far to much these days. Its men like this who are true Heroes.

And of course, those that don't get to come home.

Last Edited:
I've read about this guy before.
To say this guy is a Hero is like calling a nuke and firecracker. He was a God among men. Like so many others.
He fought like a super hero for his men.
There's no medal with great enough honor to give to men like this.

Roy Benevidez MOH
Free Republic
MOH Benavidez Roy wounds.jpg
MOH Benavidez Roy SF MSG hospital.jpg

Thanks for bringing this up because it brings back many memories of my father, who was one of the same soldiers as Sgt. Benevidez. He was in the 82nd (Ft. Bragg, NC) & 101st (Ft. Campbell, KY) airborne units in his 23 years of service after being drafted in 1947.
He was always on call and then gone for many months at a time when I was a child. He never talked about where he went or what he did while over there, he would just hug us kids a little tighter each time he would return home to us.
God Bless all who served!!!

For you guys who are feeling unmanly, don't worry about it!

M/SGT Benevidez' courage and heroism does not diminish you in any way. It only elevates him! We all just work with what we've
got! ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads