JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a gateway drug! It leads to homemade cheese, homemade icecream, homemade butter… and before you know it… self reliance!

Can't have that.

Well, drinking raw milk from your own animals IS a dangerous new fad going around. It's not like people have been doing it all over the world for many thousands of years. :)

A8972DD4-8E4A-48C6-8CD7-6054F4E092D9.jpeg

According to an article I read, raw milk is responsible for ~1% of food borne sickness. 1000 people have become sick from E. coli and salmonella since 1998. So 1% for 1000 in the last 20 years requires a law, but you can feed your kids fast food three times a day and drink a case of coke a day without any restrictions? Lets not bring the impact of cigarettes and alcohol into the discussion or it becomes even more ludicrous.

I'm thinking someone must have their hand in the pocket of the milk industry.

When I was a kid my grand dad always had a couple cows. We would get milk in gallons jars and there would be a couple inches of cream floating on top, nobody ever got sick. Hell of a lot safer than buying raw vegetables at the grocery store now.

We drive about 4 miles passed pastures filled with cows to get to our home.
Never once have I said, "Honey, pull over would you please? I'm thirsty and I'm going to go grab a cow".
But then again we are fairly close to home so maybe that's why.

So does this mean that the Tennessee lawmaker who wants to criminalize the drinking of raw milk is...
Lactose Intolerant....?
The idea behind this law is udderly ridiculous...
I know , I know , I am milking this joke to death....:p:D
Andy

I weep for the nation on a regular basis - headlines from around the country make me wonder if this is just a really really bad dream. It seems nobody even wants freedom anymore. Nobody understands the concept. It's just power grab for more control, and the masses want to be controlled...

"The right to be left alone—the most comprehensive of rights, and the right most valued by a free people."—Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

^ I really wish this wisdom would be heeded. The degree of insanity that the Nanny State crew will engage in is pretty much limitless, and appears to be getting worse everyday.

Parenthetically, we didn't have any cattle when I grew up, but we did have goats. We consumed milk and cheese from said, much like countless others, to no ill effect. And we didn't need some smug jackass in the capital to tell us otherwise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top