JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Signed up for Defensive Handgun I and Defensive Carbine I at OFA.......classes won't be till spring and summer which is ok because it's gonna take a while for me to slowly accumulate 1200 rounds of .223

I have taken nearly all of OFA's classes, John Farnham's handgun class, a carbine course at Seattle Firearms Academy, and several others from less well-known instructors and I absolutely recommend OFA!

Jim Jacobe is definitely an interesting teacher, I've taken a class with him. OFA offers a wide variety of classes with a good balance of hands on and classroom time. Thunder Ranch definitely has a great reputation, but your wallet will be very light after a class there.

I know what you mean about Jim, nice guy, just don't necessarily agree with his, THIS IS THE WAY THINGS WORK approach. It's what I love about OFA. You honestly have the feeling that, not only are they great at what they do, but they are constantly learning and improving too.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews