JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone (Peter Goldwing) in the comments section actually said... "but they're human too".

IMHO- if you debase yourself and do certain things (breaking & entering into a residence is one of them), you descend from being human into a lower order life-form within the "animal kingdom@, which makes you a dangerous animal.

Dangerous animals (ESPECIALLY when running in a "pack") that pose an immediate threat need to be dealt with quickly & decisively.

Medical care has come light years in the last couple decades. Sadly some times they save scum I would just as soon see let go.
As for the "but they're human too", again sadly that's just the world we live in. I was reminded of the Cop who shot that scum so many times to get him to stop we were discussing in the .45 thread. How he heard one of the Trauma Docs angrily ask why the Cop had to shoot the guy so many times. Who knows how many of the scum who get shot, and are patched up, soon get done with jail and are let out to seek more victims.

My nightstand gun is a Judge. With a combat Mossy 500 and a AR15 pistol with 20rd mag next to the stand.
This is one of the reasons I so love PCC's. I liked them for decades before they became the "in thing" but mainly for cheap fun. As I got older and so did my eyes, then I started to read how good much ammo does in these, well they looked even better. Chances are never need it but, sleep well knowing one of those little rifles is there with the capacity they give me, and the ease of hitting what I shoot it.

Hey that is above average in today's world! ;)
VERY much so. Look at how many shootings by Police lead to a LOT of misses. It's not nearly as easy as many think when you are shooting at people who are not holding still. If those people are also armed even more so. This home owner did fantastic. Remember that shooting by 4 LEO's in the Eastern part of the state many years back? Meth head, throwing rocks at them in middle of the day. 4 of them opened up on him at an intersection. Can't remember how many shots were fired but a lot of misses. When I would watch the video at work all I could keep thinking is where the hell were all those rounds going. It was amazing no one else get hurt.

This is one of the reasons I so love PCC's. I liked them for decades before they became the "in thing" but mainly for cheap fun. As I got older and so did my eyes, then I started to read how good much ammo does in these, well they looked even better. Chances are never need it but, sleep well knowing one of those little rifles is there with the capacity they give me, and the ease of hitting what I shoot it.

Lights and sights Brother! My bedside weapons will hit where the light points inside my home. But when not using the light, I need to remember to turn the reticle on for my reflex optics. That's why I have a nightstand gun for immediate needs of shadow in the bedroom doorway. But if I hear them coming in the front or back door, one of other guns is first choice.

Lights and sights Brother! My bedside weapons will hit where the light points inside my home. But when not using the light, I need to remember to turn the reticle on for my reflex optics. That's why I have a nightstand gun for immediate needs of shadow in the bedroom doorway. But if I hear them coming in the front or back door, one of other guns is first choice.

YEP!! I love slapping a Dot on my PCC's at the range for fun. Nothing like being able to make one large ragged hole in those shoot'n'see's. I also always make myself practice with the irons though since I don't trust the Dot's on them for home. I do have a light on both. On the newest one a light laser combo that is great. Same with my favorite 1911, laser on that. I turn that off at the range for practice too. Then when I get mad that I can't make 2 inch groups any more, since I can't really see the front sight well in there I can always turn the laser back on for a mag full and gloat at that tiny little group :)

YEP!! I love slapping a Dot on my PCC's at the range for fun. Nothing like being able to make one large ragged hole in those shoot'n'see's. I also always make myself practice with the irons though since I don't trust the Dot's on them for home. I do have a light on both. On the newest one a light laser combo that is great. Same with my favorite 1911, laser on that. I turn that off at the range for practice too. Then when I get mad that I can't make 2 inch groups any more, since I can't really see the front sight well in there I can always turn the laser back on for a mag full and gloat at that tiny little group :)

You try using reading glasses for open sights at pistol distances? Works great for me!!

Edit: at the range. don't want to be searching for my glasses at home!!

You try using reading glasses for open sights at pistol distances? Works great for me!!

When I first tried a set of progressives it helped a lot. At home it's not nearly as bad as it is at the range. Something about the lighting in there at the stations I feel like I am trying to shoot from inside a cave :) I did a while back buy a magnetic mount work light that I can stick to the target rail over me. That helped some but it's still a PITA in there. Place is old, and price is cheap, so I live with it. Makes me work for those hits. At home even in lower light I can see the front sight fairly well. Since no one else that I know of complains about the lighting in there I figure it's mostly me or they would have done something to improve it. I know when I started shooting there over 25 years ago it did not bother me, so it's my eye's that are the problem. Time marches on :)

The pistol bays at LGRPC are all outside. Nice lighting but not much fun in 2'-4' of snow!!
Believe me if I ever hit the lotto first on the list of things to do would be buy a place where I could shoot outside on my own place again. Damn I miss that. We used to shoot up on the mountain now and then but that leaves a lot to be desired. Only can go certain time of the year, and it's an all day thing. Getting to be one hell of a drive any more to find a place outside to shoot. One range in Gig Harbor that I read so much bad info on I never even bothered to go look. Another over on Vashon that was tempting but again, pretty good drive, and the Ferry price, so never did. There is a new indoor place in Lakewood I keep meaning to try. Wife and I looked when it opened and it was a no way in hell. I understand it was HUGELY expensive to open but damn. The price they wanted to use it was no way. We did buy a gun from them while there. Now they have sold it off and price has come way down. Still no memberships but I need to go at least one time just to try it. Looked real nice when we were there.

Believe me if I ever hit the lotto first on the list of things to do would be buy a place where I could shoot outside on my own place again. Damn I miss that. We used to shoot up on the mountain now and then but that leaves a lot to be desired. Only can go certain time of the year, and it's an all day thing. Getting to be one hell of a drive any more to find a place outside to shoot. One range in Gig Harbor that I read so much bad info on I never even bothered to go look. Another over on Vashon that was tempting but again, pretty good drive, and the Ferry price, so never did. There is a new indoor place in Lakewood I keep meaning to try. Wife and I looked when it opened and it was a no way in hell. I understand it was HUGELY expensive to open but damn. The price they wanted to use it was no way. We did buy a gun from them while there. Now they have sold it off and price has come way down. Still no memberships but I need to go at least one time just to try it. Looked real nice when we were there.

Clark County facility in N Vegas is $10/visit, no membership fee. Just curious, would that be reasonable for you?

BTW I'm fortunate that LGRPC only has yearly dues of $50. That gets me into 100yd, 300yd, and pistol range. My buddy in W Vag has acres and shoots all his stuff around the house. Yet, he said he would like to be here so he could get 1000yd practice. Dang ex marine.

"They're people too"

Very true.

To remain a living, breathing, human being, don't break into people's homes. The life you save may by your own.

Taking a life is serious and tragic to at least the family of the dead. I've never had to take a life but I know some of you have.

This home owner did the right thing.

This is definitely a "too bad but in my home my rights are WWAAAYYYY more important than your rights" moment.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top