JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Late Session Omnibus Anti-Gun Bill Introduced - Oregon Firearms Federation

Late Session Omnibus Anti-Gun Bill Introduced

The legislature's three leading gun grabbers have introduced yet another omnibus anti-gun bill. This one, SB 1065includes language from several previous anti-gun bills that died due to a procedural error made by Floyd Prozanski, a sponsor of this bill.

The bill is a 26 page monstrosity, but here are the lowlights.

Among many other things this bill does, it nearly quintuplesthe length of time the State Police can deny you a firearms transfer with no cause.

It also drastically complicates the process for getting a concealed handgun license . Online classes will be prohibited unless the class is provided by the NRA or an "Oregon law enforcement agency or association. "

There are currently many other online class options for CHL courses. This bill would prohibit them all and give an almost exclusive online monopoly to NRA and the Oregon State Sheriffs Association.

(It's interesting to note that several years ago, NRA informed its instructors that if instructors offered their own online classes they risked having their certification revoked. More recently NRA changed their rules so that NRA classes could only be completed by students who took the NRA's online class. Even more recently, NRA reversed course again and agreed to allow certified NRA instructors to give complete NRA classes.)

The bill also requires live fire, something many NRA instructors are not in a position to offer, and it requires "training in the safe loading, unloading, storing and carrying of handguns and information on Oregon and relevant federal laws governing the lawful use of a firearm, including self-defense, the use of force, including deadly force, and the transportation and concealment of handguns."

While NRA instructors should certainly be qualified to train in loading, unloading and carrying of handguns, (and we hope this would be a normal part of any class), very few are qualified to teach Oregon laws and, in fact, NRA discouragesinstructors from getting into a discussion of statutes. Nowhere in this bill is there any discussion of what would make a person qualified to teach Oregon and Federal laws on self defense, or the use of force or deadly force. Not only would this bill prevent most instructors from teaching a CHL class to begin with, since most don't have ranges, but the potential liability to instructors is staggering.

We have no doubts that, should this bill pass, we will soon be faced with a requirement that CHL classes must be taught by lawyers. Think about the restrictions that will place on class availability and the added expense.

Of course, there is nothing that has happened in the almost 30 years that Oregon has offered CHL's that indicates any of this is necessary.

This bill does many other bad things and has serious technical flaws, but its clear intent is to create more obstacles and impediments to lawful firearms ownership.

Please take action now and tell the Oregon Senate to vote no on SB 1065.

One would think Phloyd would have better things to focus upon. Like funds for road repair and dealing with the zombies and their run down motorhomes parked in everyone's neighborhood

One would think Phloyd would have better things to focus upon. Like funds for road repair and dealing with the zombies and their run down motorhomes parked in everyone's neighborhood

Nah, those things are secondary........... Bloomberg doesn't pay for working on that stuff.

Ray

Rope, tree, politician. Some assembly required.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!, if ya want quiet, try XLG Wire ties and Plastic bags, works great for "Office work" Or so I am told...... Other than that, I have 55 gallons of Boiled linseed oil for making classic hanging ropes, Pm me if ya need some oil to boil your ropes. GO TRUMP!!!! (Doing a great job so far).

Prozanski drafted this back in 2014, hes been waiting for a good time to run it thru.
He wanted to wait until Oregon lobby weakend more before trying it. That means he thinks it will run right thru.

Why do Oregon State Legislatures have such a burning desire to provoke the sleeping giant? Didn't they see what happened to Hiltery?

Perhaps it's time for all those who prefer to live free to show up in Salem and put an end to this circus...

If PETA can put Ringling Brothers out of business, surely pro-constitutionalist's can put these legislators out of business...

Why do Oregon State Legislatures have such a burning desire to provoke the sleeping giant? Didn't they see what happened to Hiltery?

Perhaps it's time for all those who prefer to live free to show up in Salem and put an end to this circus...

If PETA can put Ringling Brothers out of business, surely pro-constitutionalist's can put these legislators out of business...
I agree, what we need is leadership and unity something pro-constitutionalist's kinda suck at when compared to the liberal -antis groups.

nammac, I am old but ready to deliver a sound Beating to these anti American Gun grabbers, it IS way PAST Time to get it ON with them, they walk over US like we are not here, it Must STOP, as THEY FORGET-- THEY work FOR US.

nammac, I am old but ready to deliver a sound Beating to these anti American Gun grabbers, it IS way PAST Time to get it ON with them, they walk over US like we are not here, it Must STOP, as THEY FORGET-- THEY work FOR US.
The problem is trying to organize folks to provide a united front is akin to trying to herd kittens... There's been a gross luck of leadership and participation...

Organized Pro Gun people, ARE there any? NRA and other Pro gun lobbies have Not done a job in the HAHAHAHAHA- so called "Legal or Justice system", THERE is NO Such thing, the only survivor in the mess is Their Department of Revenue, which extends into the child support division and all other "Suck Money Out of YOU" departments.

Yep nammac, the "it is not a problem for me if I keep my mouth shut crowd" Will Not stand up and there are just Too many of those types today. Wish I had an Solid answer but I don't. Men will only stand up when it really Hurts them and then we look at the ERPO's served up to Californy people, they just LET IT GO ON The BOOKS, they Let the AWWTHORAHHTAHHS do whatever they want, SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHL holders statistically commit less crime than the general population, in fact they commit less crime than even cops. Yet CHL holders are being targeted for increased scrutiny. The question I always ask when people throw around mandatory firearms training is; why not just subsidize training?

Unfortunately I'm of the opinion Oregon is a lost cause for gun rights. I'm a native and find it almost hard to believe where we've gotten to over the last few decades. We've been under aggressive attack since Columbine. For all the damage guns do or the lack there of it amazes me the front that's been built to confront the dangerous and out of control lawful and legal gun owners. Just the fact you own a gun puts you under scrutiny and suspicion by some, advocating and expounding on the virtues of gun ownership is a taboo topic for proper conversation. We're just people doing what we love but are stigmatized by the media and haters at every step.

Guys like Bloomberg and Prozanski and their ilk must have been bullied as kids and have a childish need to punish everyone for the b*tt hurt they can't get over. Definitely an ax to grind. In days past it used to be people had too much to do just getting by day to day to worry about what everyone else was up to. Now people live all stacked on top of each other with nothing better to do but get up in other people's business.

Once our rights are gone they don't come back, ever. Each little step is a solid victory for the anti crowd. Like good lawyers they ask for way more than they expect, we get all crazy and stirred up and somehow believe the compromise isn't so bad when in fact it's the next little step. Look what's happened in that last 30 years. If you could time machine back you'd be appalled at all that has been taken with little steps. The next generation is more open to some more little steps and so on. It's a war of attrition and it's working. I don't see it changing, its global. We're undoubtedly the freest country in the world in regard to firearm ownership and some people see that as a bad thing. It's not in step with the global mindset, makes us backward and primitive.

It's probably time to draw a line in the sand, maybe along the Snake River and fortify the states that still believe in free men. Guys like FLoyd are a disease that we can't eradicate, perhaps time to deliver a vaccine?? Votes in this State are never going to go in favor of gun owners. We lost our balls when we became Californicated back in the 70's/80's, everyone loved the $$ they brought and put up w/the BS, this is the result. I know I do my part with my votes and letters to reps but it hasn't amounted to much over 20 years. Politicians in general are pretty sleazy people, you have to sell out someone to keep a promise somewhere else. Imagine the people that aspire to be politicians? In almost every case there's an ulterior motive, something to be gained by holding office. Like the guy who becomes a cop to get back at all the people that made him miserable when he was younger. Believe me it happens.

I told my wife we're retiring OUT of Oregon, I know it doesn't help but it may extend my life as every time stuff like this comes up I get a little worked up. I work w/a guy who came from S Korea. He said sure you can own guns over there but you can't take them home, he thinks this is the greatest country ever. I happen to agree but it's not going to be forever, at least not for guys like us. America and guns are tied at the hip, when one goes so goes the other.

Last Edited:
Mistman, my Brother just retired as a detective and he told me the same thing about guys becoming cops, some of those guys are real Danger to the public, one cop here shot the watchman at the fairgrounds, killed him, yet he is still on the force, one jittery SOB.

OFF has another auto-mailer for the Senate for this go around. You can add your own comments if you like. Saves the time of adding the Senators email addresses into your letter.

Well, when we get sick and tired of stuffing Email and mailboxes of those who still think They Rule Over US, who actually Work for US, then it is time to actually Do something as Men that we may not want to do but we MUST REMOVE THEM-- The DEEPSTATE, and we should do it with Resolve to Preserve future generations from having to suffer UNJUST, Over reaching Government(CRIMINALS) and their Phony UnConstitutional attempts at LAWS. I am sick of their JUST-US laws.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews