JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being so used to preferential treatment there is nothing stopping a LEO simply saying, "yes", when asked if the purchase is related to their official duties and no one could prove otherwise. Only those officers with a conscience would truthfully answer "no". There are simply too many that think, "I'm always on duty" and unable to make the distinction between what they think and what is, actually, directly duty related or not.

If it means having to apply for a permit.... their interpretation will always lean toward, "yes, official duty related."

Dollars to donuts!
That is when I would ask for a PO# or a check from the department or at least call the dept to verify that the officer has to purchase his own duty weapon. If they balk just tell them you're covering yourself and your FFL lic. so that you don't break the law by selling it to him as a private firearm.

Seems like one particular local gun store here in Oregon stood on a principle against 114 and got the ball rolling and made a difference.
I wish all stores banded together on these issues. Imagine is magically every gun store stopped selling standard mags to cops in ban states how long those laws would last.
If I were an FFL in Calif. right now I would be nixing sales to police with the new law about being able to sue the gun manufactures BS. Kinda like Barret when they wouldnt ship a repaired .50 back to a dept in cali as they were not allowed there anymore.

I doubt it. I doubt it's even 1:1 as there's nothing like name recognition and no Glock that isn't a Glock really runs like a Glock.
:s0113::s0170:

Last Edited:
If I were an FFL in Calif. right now I would be nixing sales to police with the new law about being able to sue the gun manufactures BS. Kinda like Barret when they wouldnt ship a repaired .50 back to a dept in cali as they were not allowed there anymore.
FFls should only sell California police California compliant AR15s with that bullet button thing, and only sell them handguns that are on the California roster. California mag bans and whatever other laws they have on the books.

Cannot blame the businessman. With WA Attorny General Bob "Turd" Ferguson suing gun stores for $7,500 per "illegal" mag sold - even in a sting - who wants to go bankrupt, or to jail?

Hey!:eek: I'm here to tell ya that the mini14 was not "garbage". I owned 5 of them at one point, stainless, scoped, folders, you name it. >>>>{pardon a bit of thread-drift} His pistols were/are the entry-level for many of us over the decades. I've got a couple that I wouldn't want to be without, like a .357 Blackhawk and .44 mag Redhawk, and the Old Army .44 percussion was an eye-opener and real trip to get in 1972, actually my first legal revolver- carried the P89 and P95 and mini as duty weapons during my career. (pistols I wish I'd never have parted with FWIW).... Anyway, Ruger was no saint but he designed some good stuff- including the mini- and frankly some of us of the "older generation" at least, owe him a lot, I remember the gun biz BEFORE Ruger made it big in the gun scene... THAT SAID, I did divest of my mini's and been (a bit) standoffish to a degree from Ruger products, even "post Bill"... Like S&W I only buy used Rugers... anyway, God bless him for what he did for shooters generally, where ever he may be...I see Bill Ruger as one of the perhaps lesser "Gun Gods"- like, perhaps, Peter Paul Mauser- not a John Moses Browning for sure but all seated at the same table in Valhalla!
I would agree about Bill up to the point where he shat on his legacy and made himself a pariah with his lobbying to congress to kill import rifles and hi cap magazines . I won't even bother to repeat the quotes as at this point we all know him. No seat at the Viking table. @ss wiper in Valhalla perhaps or 'Bill Ruger sucks ______ in Hell" more likely.

As far as the mini goes I suppose if you had a barn door that offended you the mini would be an adequate tool for the job at hand.

Last Edited:
I've only had hands on with one Mini. It was long enough ago (early 80's) that it should have been barn door accurate. It wasn't. No issue blasting pop cans at 50 yards, off hand.
I've always been intrigued with them, but just never stepped up to the plate.
FYI, in most instances I could give a sh!t less about AR's. That was until I shot an SBR! I thought, "Now we're on to something!"

A pistol with a brace fills that role for me.

FYI, anyone that doesn't think Bill Ruger was a brilliant designer is totally biased by his views on what's appropriate for a citizen to own. The transfer bar, especially the conversion in the Bearcat and early Blackhawks, is just one example. Most gun designers said it couldn't be done. While I'd never "update" an early gun, they work flawlessly.
On another note, I'd really like one of his hand drills. This was before he started designing guns.

Most-Unusual-Ruger-Products-Ever-Made-Ruger-Hand-Drills-3.jpg

The law is an bubblegum. In WA, I could drive my marked patrol car, in uniform on duty, to an LGS, stand next to a guy who had a concealed permit. We both buy handguns. He wallks out with his and, lacking the "permit" I had to wait 7 days.

I've only had hands on with one Mini. It was long enough ago (early 80's) that it should have been barn door accurate. It wasn't. No issue blasting pop cans at 50 yards, off hand.
I've always been intrigued with them, but just never stepped up to the plate.
FYI, in most instances I could give a sh!t less about AR's. That was until I shot an SBR! I thought, "Now we're on to something!"

A pistol with a brace fills that role for me.

FYI, anyone that doesn't think Bill Ruger was a brilliant designer is totally biased by his views on what's appropriate for a citizen to own. The transfer bar, especially the conversion in the Bearcat and early Blackhawks, is just one example. Most gun designers said it couldn't be done. While I'd never "update" an early gun, they work flawlessly.
On another note, I'd really like one of his hand drills. This was before he started designing guns.

View attachment 1339253
Pistol grip with tubular receiver. I don't know....quite a stretch to make that into a 22. :rolleyes:

So let's not give preferential treatment to armed forces either. Use what the military gives you.
When I was in active duty and when I was in the reserves I didn't get any special treatment off duty. On duty of course we had grenades and everything else. Off duty same waiting periods and gun control laws everybody else had. LEOSA has changed that since I got out however.

When I was in active duty and when I was in the reserves I didn't get any special treatment off duty. On duty of course we had grenades and everything else. Off duty same waiting periods and gun control laws everybody else had. LEOSA has changed that since I got out however.
I had a commander who wouldn't sign off on anything. Needed to have that overseas. I hated that guy.

Can you imagine the backlash from LE agencies if Glock and Sig, and maybe even S&W, (hell even Colt would be amazing :rolleyes: ) all said "we will no longer provide parts support or training or armorers to departments in these States (that have mag bans,rosters, and similar gun control laws)...
Biden would declare them insurrectionists and send in the army to seize all the guns and parts. . .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top