JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I watched the video (aside from making my blood boil) it made me wonder about a common sentiment I've seen repeatedly in threads on this very site.

In dozens of threads, an untold number of members have droned on and on about how they would NEVER intervene if they were CC'ing and witnessed a crime in progress unless it involved one of their immediate family members. With statements (or excuses) like: You don't really know who the bad guy is, you have no idea what the real situation is and who started it, the "victim" could turn on you, blah, blah, blah.

I wonder if one of those CC'ing members walked in and witnessed this taking place if they would finally be motivated to act to come to the aid of someone in need.

I have in the past and I know I would again if placed in the situation again but I guess I'm the oddball based on the various posts I've read.

What would you do?

Always remember, time is on ones side. If it takes a day, a month or years they should always be wondering where it will come from and how fast. Those whom rush in will get caught, those whom are meticulous will live to see the results of their patients. And and that a all I gotta say about that !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRk2rLKHwZTlvophMPqW8l-1_vYUOkaXXN4oYKlUqUvwisUOu4U.jpg

Every case is different. And you need to use your head. And understand enough. Or see enough to act.
Then don't overreact. Do what is right for the situation.

Even without a gun. There are some people that can get in trouble just using there hands if they go too far.

I just hope to never see somebody hit an elderly person. That would probably be bad for them and me.

Two words: General Population.

If they get caught, just put them in General Population and show that video to their fellow inmates. Justice will be administered without all the paperwork and legal BS.

Piece of garbage sucker punches a 76 year old woman and the best part of the video is she takes his punk azzzzz shot and gets up. Shows just how much of a punk he really is.
Just so you know, Thephoneman, yeah I'm there for the lady, but you need to pick your battles carefully, this one is easy, sometimes not.
Good call Soberups, especially after they see the video, after all, they all have mom's "He He"

Yeah. This one seems like a no-brainer. I'm sure there are lots of us that wish we would have been there to lend a hand. That poor woman was in a freaking church and these scumbags don't even see her age or the location as a problem? Karma is a beotch so they will get their due in spades.

When I used to train people doing high risk things I had a mantra that I would drill into their heads: "Act, don't react".

This approach has served me well for decades and several of my trainees have built very successful careers using the same philosophy. It's a skill that, once mastered, is easily exercised in every facet of life so you get lots of practice on a daily basis. :)

What ever happened to a healthy fear of God! These people that do stuff to the older generation or the perverts messing with kids have got something special waiting for them when they stand before the Lord. These guys probably never darkened the steps of Church in their life.

What ever happened to a healthy fear of God! These people that do stuff to the older generation or the perverts messing with kids have got something special waiting for them when they stand before the Lord. These guys probably never darkened the steps of Church in their life.
Look at it two ways, one you don't fear what you don't believe in or two God forgives, Jesus died for their sins and they will be forgiven. So what's to fear?

I don't believe in fairy tales,but I do understand right and wrong
I don't fear god....and WTF is this BS? why worship something I'm to fear?.....or any other story book hero smiting me.Doesn't mean I go beat old ladies and kill folk for drugs
They don't fear prison or the electric chair.The penalty is not a detriment to commiting the crime

Didn't click. Kinda got the gist. Even as a baby, mob think/bullying has always really bothered me. I saw some pictures in the Britannica on my own volition when I was perhaps 2-3 of piles of Jews.. you know the ones. I'd hate to think what I'd do.

Yah, I also get the same feelings when I see pictures of what we did and was done to us during WWII, or the "hanging fruit" in trees from our recent past. Felt the same way when I saw some of the pictures from Guantanamo Bay. Actually, I also felt the same way when I saw three fully occupied high rise buildings in New York free fall, almost simultaneously (impossible) onto those trying to rescue others.

Generally speaking, we have been de-sensitized to violence, especially in the cities. In the country, I don't think we are as de-sensitized to many of the plagues of high density.

Rather than allowing these animals to get the best of us by allowing ourselves to de-evolve by carrying out, in judgement, all sorts of creative and torturous punishments, I feel that it would be best for everyone to simply take them to the hills, and put them down quickly, with a bullet to the head, like a rabid dog. No torture or judgement involved, just a simple public service without lowering ones self to the same mentality level.

Sometimes SSS is the only solution. Torture is never an answer in my book.

A gentleman of my acquaintance, known simply as 'Bob the Murderer' waited twelve years until his son's killer was released from jail, and shot him in the face with both barrels less than ten yards from the prison gate. Less than two weeks later, he himself was back there on the inside for a fifteen year stretch. He told me, after his eventual release, that the shooting was the sweetest thing he'd ever done in his life, apart from holding his son in his arms at the Christening.

Before he killed the ex-con he had never had so much as a traffic ticket in his life. Having gotten the revenge out of his system, he was THE model prisoner, released three years early, and last time I saw him, he was touring schools telling the assembled kids not to do the bad stuff.

There are one-time criminals, and perpetual 'this is my life-style' criminals. The POS in the movie, I firmly bleeve, is one of the latter, and will assuredly meet up with a 'Bob' one day.

tac

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top