JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joe come over here to the coast and buy fresh fish right off the commercial boats at port. Cheapest and freshest way to go unless u go out yourself. Wife is canning 10 cases of tuna right now from our catch on the 5th

Just for grins and giggles, the Canadian commercial fishing fleet missed out on some paper work and are not allowed on US waters this year, the price at the dock per pound has exploded. If your seeing high prices, that's the reason. This could get ugly, they control most of our salmon stock for most of the year. Any one remember the M/V Malaspina when she was held by Canadian pirates in Prince Rupert as a retaliation to blockage?

no worries from me in regards to the price of the seafood market. I catch all my own seafood. Crabs, Shrimp, salmon, Halibut, Tuna, Steelhead.. I worry more about how the Canadians rape our stocks of Salmon as bycatch in many of thier fisheries.

Just for grins and giggles, the Canadian commercial fishing fleet missed out on some paper work and are not allowed on US waters this year, the price at the dock per pound has exploded. If your seeing high prices, that's the reason. This could get ugly, they control most of our salmon stock for most of the year. Any one remember the M/V Malaspina when she was held by Canadian pirates in Prince Rupert as a retaliation to blockage?

Funny...Canadian Pirates!! :D Obviously not French Canadian!

That's too bad. Commercial fisherman have to work so hard and it's not uncommon for them to financially survive from season to season. I hate to see them shut out completely...hopefully the govt can institute some interim agreement for this summer. This is real people & real lives...unfortunately its the little guy who is going to struggle and pay. The new 2013 treaty will need ammending from the previous document, but it is probably in everybody's best interest to find a way to keep boats fishing for now.

I have issues with foreign fishermen commercially extracting fish from our territorial waters. My tax monies are spent to raise fish in the hatcheries all up and down the West coast. Those fish are for the commercial and recreational taking of U.S. commercial and sport fishermen. I don't like supporting the commercial fishing economies of other countries.

And...i'm sure that breaks a couple forum rules, but so be it.

I'm not quite sure how anadromous fish hatcheries in the US have anything to do with Albacore (considering they are a highly-migratory pelagic species), but to each his own I suppose. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top