JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just letin you know , That the word is they have found radiation in some tuna That had been brought in for off SanDiego, so heads up .

That was from samples of Bluefin. The Albacore that are targeted off the NW are different. Also, the Bluefin samples were WAY below safe levels for consumption. If I remember correctly, the caesium levels (though higher than regular) were still 35 times lower than regularly occuring radioactive potassium levels. Basically go catch tuna, buy tuna from the fisherman, and enjoy eating the delicious sustainably fished product our ocean provides. If, for some reason, you are still worried PM me so you can drop off your catch...I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands :D

I noticed the water temp at Stonewall Banks buoy last Friday was 61*F!!!
For mid/late June that bodes well for a good season in close.
No more 60+ mile trips (one way) for me. BTDT, don't care to do it again.

Tuna has been hit and miss for a while. Mostly ones and twos here and there. Crabbing has been excllent with 25 avg keepers per pot although they are a little soft. And halibut inside 40 fathoms has been pretty good. I saw 6 brought in the last couple days all between 40" and 48". Been camping at the Newport marina the last 6 days so seen most of what came in.

We're gettin em up here in WA too...
On the first trip this year on my boat we got a modest 8 of em 40 miles out @ Westport.. That was on July 2nd!
Plus I found a nice Glass float as a souvenir

IMG_1523.jpg

Nice. U guys seeing any Japenese tsunami debris? We have that big dock that washed ashore and seeing lots of styrafoam and some other odd things out there with Japenese writing

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Ive gotten that green ball, and 4 other plastic bouys and a Saki Bottle. There was quite a bit of styrofoam chunks out there too. I think we are just seeing the first wave of Junk. But hopefully its bringing some Dorodo and Yellowtail with it !:s0155:

Nice! I need to find some reasonably priced fish. I'm grilling some Tilapia for lunch right now and it's just blah, but I love fish enough to eat it anyhow :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top