JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone. I'm the TruckerPrepper from season 1, episode 4 of Doomsday Preppers that first aired February 21,2012 and still wanders into view on NatGeo and the internet. Okay, that was a mouthful. Whether you liked the series of not I had fun on it and have friends around the world from every country it has aired in.

Now I'm retired, (due to being t-boned by another big rig) and working as a volunteer RSO at Cowlitz Public Shooting Range just north of Castle Rock, WA. I'm looking to get into long distance shooting and would appreciate any information or help getting started.

I'm excited to be a part of Northwest Firearms and hope I can learn and contribute.

Hi everyone. I'm the TruckerPrepper from season 1, episode 4 of Doomsday Preppers that first aired February 21,2012 and still wanders into view on NatGeo and the internet. Okay, that was a mouthful. Whether you liked the series of not I had fun on it and have friends around the world from every country it has aired in.

Now I'm retired, (due to being t-boned by another big rig) and working as a volunteer RSO at Cowlitz Public Shooting Range just north of Castle Rock, WA. I'm looking to get into long distance shooting and would appreciate any information or help getting started.

I'm excited to be a part of Northwest Firearms and hope I can learn and contribute.

I remember you, your brother was in the Air Force yeah? He did the road "ambush/trap" to test you on the show right? You and your wife make a good team, I like how you guys are partners in life. I used to have that with my gf of 9 years before we split.

Greetings program!

45F0CA9F-8A8F-43ED-BEE4-296FD9B3C3C2.jpeg

...sorry to hear about your wreck, and glad that your not the guy whom shot his thumb. Then needed air-evac...

I remember you, your brother was in the Air Force yeah? He did the road "ambush/trap" to test you on the show right? You and your wife make a good team, I like how you guys are partners in life. I used to have that with my gf of 9 years before we split.
Yep, it's me. My brother still lives in Albuquerque and is doing well. My wife and I just celebrated 34 years of marriage last month. Whew!
Thanks for the welcome.

Never heard of ya. o_O

835A2B69-729D-4A3C-B9D9-C1D57155B30A.gif

;):D

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Some episodes were better than others, I enjoyed yours. One episode that had me laughing was a guy that had made extensive communications preps at a super duper secret location. Was funny that one of the plaques in his communications room provided his location. Two minuets checking a public database and google earth provided visual conformation of his structures and antenna farm as shown in the video.

Welcome aboard. :s0062:

Ed

Some episodes were better than others, I enjoyed yours. One episode that had me laughing was a guy that had made extensive communications preps at a super duper secret location. Was funny that one of the plaques in his communications room provided his location. Two minuets checking a public database and google earth provided visual conformation of his structures and antenna farm as shown in the video.

Ed
Yeah, his OPSEC wasn't the greatest. We all make mistakes. Thanks for welcoming me aboard!

I remember that episode, welcome to the forum. In terms of long distance shooting. I'd start with a rifle, in a rifle caliber - joking aside - there are a lot of people who are a lot more knowledgeable and geared for that than me.

I haven't had a paid TV subscription since mid-2005, so I've never seen your show, either.

But welcome to The Board, the bestest little gun board there is! :)

Thanks. I just put out the tv thing because other than that I'm just a normal guy.
I do have a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor but our range is a bench rest or prone out to 300 yards. My last range time was 9 out of 10 in the red. I'm not shooting for groups of sub MOA but steel target size. We only shoot paper but you get the idea.

Ed
Oh, I just remembered the Marauder in season 4 that was arrested the day after his episode aired. He was a felon who was shooting guns and was saying he and his group didn't prep. They were just going to take from those who did by force. The Sheriff of his county saw his episode and busted his a$$. Hilarious!

Welcome! If you haven't already, I would recommend investing in a single stage press, some quality dies and a nice balance beam or digital scale. I'm able to get more accurate and cheaper handloads than any factory precision load. There are several proven methods to development a load you can find on the web. Also check out 6mmbr.com for some great articles on LR shooting.

Ed

Ha! And I remember someone said there was a guy that buried all of his preps in secret locations then stored those locations in his GPS unit. His main fear of the apocalypse? EMP event. Doh!

The few episodes I watched made me even more sad for humanity.

Welcome to the forum, TruckerPrepper! Even if you aren't a cool reality TV star like Tom Oar from Mountain Men... :D

Ha! And I remember someone said there was a guy that buried all of his preps in secret locations then stored those locations in his GPS unit. His main fear of the apocalypse? EMP event. Doh!

Welcome to the forum, TruckerPrepper! Even if you aren't a cool reality TV star like Tom Oar from Mountain Men... :D
Take off you hoser!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top