JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Following people is not necessarily illegal. Watching over your neighborhood is noble.

But let us not forget that along with choosing to carry comes responsibility.

If one wants to be a LEO, be one.

George Z. and the other mall cops of this world gve the Antis all kinds of ammunition.
I think that sounds more like an assumption of character based off media narrative.

I lived in the area at the time. I followed the case closely and I know details of what happened that weren't reported by the national media. I knew from the get-go that Zimmerman wouldn't be convicted. Perhaps you can provide additional details to support your claim?

You were there - I quoted you.;)

I say he did not NEED to be there, and a grown-bubblegum man is responsible for his actions, specifically leaving the truck.

Not a hill I want to die on. We don't have to agree.

You were there - I quoted you.;)

I say he did not NEED to be there, and a grown-bubblegum man is responsible for his actions, specifically leaving the truck.

Not a hill I want to die on. We don't have to agree.

Your claim was it was "Not as black and white as it seems." I briefly stated the facts of Zimmerman's actions until Martin attacked. Your reply implied you had additional facts and I invited you to present them.

Your claim was it was "Not as black and white as it seems." I briefly stated the facts of Zimmerman's actions until Martin attacked. Your reply implied you had additional facts and I invited you to present them.

Look - Last entry on this point.

I say he should not have gotten out of the truck, as he was unprepared to engage, which is a reasonably possible outcome, given the totality of the circumstances.

YOU said he got out of the truck.

I ALSO said that once it went to the ground, all bets were off.

I am not sure what the deep mystery is.

I said "did you go to idiot school?"

This crap George got into sure sounds like someone who took something a lot further than he should have. Alone, at night, dark, then gets out of his vehicle to to search for this scum. Stay in the damn vehicle, call 911, wait for them.

There must be a LOT of idiot schools, near as I can tell!

I don't disagree that it was a mistake, given what eventually took place. But the Neighborhood Watch that I have seen is typically on foot... he may have been habituated into being comfortable on foot. The thing is, if rookies make mistakes, what do we expect from jumped up civilian types? What I have to go by is putting myself into his place... would I get out of the car? Nah, I wouldn't be there in the first place... I don't need that kind of action in my life!

I Come In Peace... I enjoyed that movie, despite bad acting, bad directing, bad filming, bad editing, and for all I know, bad producing!!!

Two gems:

The new term "white hispanic" from the media.
"If I had a son" from Obama.
Honestly, if Obama had a teenage son, he would like like that. Tall, skinny light skinned with big ears. One of the few things I say Obama got right. I hear ODS, similar to TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome, when people say that's racist of Obama.

One of Obama's biggest flaws was inserting the office of the president in local affairs. But, America has also been demanding it since congress and most governors have been absent.

Look - Last entry on this point.

I say he should not have gotten out of the truck, as he was unprepared to engage, which is a reasonably possible outcome, given the totality of the circumstances.

YOU said he got out of the truck.

I ALSO said that once it went to the ground, all bets were off.

I am not sure what the deep mystery is.

He wasn't doing anything he wasn't free to do. Its not his fault he was attacked, just like a woman wearing a mini-skirt shouldn't get raped because she was "asking for it" by dressing that way.

Regardless of his character or whether he should be the poster-child for concealed carriers, the facts of the case don't support a conviction on that matter.

It seems like people think that if you leave your house, you deserve whatever happens to you. I could buy a ticket to Chicago right now, wear all blue and start calling people "cuz" and it doesn't justify anyone attempting to harm me.

If you are going to put words in my mouth, you need to try harder.

1.) I never said Z. deserved to get hit. **BZZT**

2.) The mini-skirt analogy is operationally defective and I would not have used it. George was not wearing dress and the victim typically does not stalk the aggressor. **BZZT**

3.) I NEVER said he should have been convicted of murder. **BZZT**

You are killing it against the guy you are arguing with, but it ain't me!

OBAMA-Race-Baiter.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I am going with Zimmerman got away with murder. Leave people alone and you won't get into these situations. Some creepy guy follows and confronts me on public property I can't say I would do anything different.
Well, going with that oh so quaint "innocent until proven guilty", since he wasn't proven guilty I'd say he's still innocent.
If I read about you getting shot after smashing some guys head into the sidewalk, I might just have a coke.

Well, going with that oh so quaint "innocent until proven guilty", since he wasn't proven guilty I'd say he's still innocent.
If I read about you getting shot after smashing some guys head into the sidewalk, I might just have a coke.
I hope you are consistent a feel the same about OJ.

When people on this forum say they would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, do you think they would rather be judged by 330 million armchair jurists based on media "coverage" or trust the system will work?

I believe just the opposite and the situation escalated to where self defense was necessary. The guy was an over grown tattooed thug. What I might consider a thug. Photos later of him with gangster posses and was used to getting his way by intimidation. Just prior to his confronting Zimmerman he walked out of a neighborhood store without paying for his smokes, and big enough to who is going to challenge him? He flat out sized Zimmerman and contact with him indicated that Zimmerman could never physically over come Trevor.
Funny...sounds exactly like the Michael Brown case, a year or so, later. Only difference is that Brown accosted an armed police officer and got exactly what you would expect from such a confrontation.

Two gems:

The new term "white hispanic" from the media.

Out of curiosity, how is that a new term? There are white Hispanics. The majority of people in Spain and Argentina, for example, are exactly that. When I complete a 4473, I check Hispanic in 10.a. and White in 10.b., because, well, that's what I am.

1568239947289.png

(Though, ironically, Zimmerman isn't, as far as I can tell.)

Out of curiosity, how is that a new term? There are white Hispanics. The majority of people in Spain and Argentina, for example, are exactly that. When I complete a 4473, I check Hispanic in 10.a. and White in 10.b., because, well, that's what I am.

View attachment 616417

(Though, ironically, Zimmerman isn't, as far as I can tell.)
The media as far as I could remember had never used that term. what the media wanted was "white man shoots unarmed black man". Since Zimmerman was not "white" the media came up with that term. Have you ever seen the media refer to Obama as a "A white Black" ? ;)

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top