JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't understand people who buy Volksquarten (or any high dollar) 10/22. Why not use that money and buy a better target/match .22? You can buy old Mossberg US .22lr for $100-$500 that will outshoot most 10/22's.

I don't understand people who buy Volksquarten (or any high dollar) 10/22. Why not use that money and buy a better target/match .22? You can buy old Mossberg US .22lr for $100-$500 that will outshoot most 10/22's.

precisely, Seeing as most of the stuff out there(for the 10/22) seems to be junk, or overpriced marketing gimmicks.

Many of us want a mag fed semi auto that is accurate for shoots like Appleseed. My 10/22s are sub 1 MOA and so are the others I have seen with match barrels. I have maybe $550 in each of my 10/22s not counting mags

I 'think' the orginal stocks were Walnut and the Maple ones were used during the transition to the Birch ones.

I heard that Birch is getting hard to come by and Ruger is switching to plastics and laminated wood stocks..

I love the Tommy gun look, where do you get the stock stuff and the parts? What mag is that?

So are you comparing the factory 10/22 to a Volquartsen or a Kidd. Why don't you compare a Kia to a Bentley. Other than the basic design, there is zero Ruger parts on the Kidd or VQ except the magazine.
I have shot and have seen many groups put up by those old Mossies, they are quite nice for the era they were built. But a Kidd and a VQ will both out shoot them hands down. Not everyone wants a cheap old bolt action that even a basic modern Savage or Marlin will out shoot. Some people actually want a high quality, well built rifle.

Most aftermarket stuff out there is junk, and that goes for everything, whether it is a Chevy 350 or a PC. So before you spend money you check around first. That is why no one recommends the Butler Creek CF barrels, but they sell a ton of them because they are available everywhere and no one asks until after they buy it.

Remember, the Ruger 10/22 is a cheap built gun that is super reliable and tough as iron. One huge benefit to it is that it has a nearly unlimited supply of tune up parts.

Oh yeah, The Marlin 60 has a plastic trigger group also, always has, only the Glenfields have an aluminum.

According to the stack of Ruger, Savage, Remington, and Marlin stocks I have piled in the corner. They are all hardwood of the same basic species. Mostly birch but a few beech, I believe beechwood is what Ruger is using now, as is the Marlin stock I have sitting here. Ruger may have used poplar, but of the 6 stocks ranging from brand new to mid 70's, not a single one is poplar. Poplar is to soft to use as a gun stock.

for what some have in their 10/22s you could go buy a nice Anschutz (used of course), for out of the box accuracy they can't be beat. And of course, they have class.

Or you could head over to I-Fish, put in the minimum number of posts to participate in the classifieds and buy the one there for $150.00 without the scope.

Just sayin'. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top