JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Have you ever had the feeling that a past loved one, albeit a Father, Mother, Grandparent, Brother, or Sister is close by and you can sense it and be at total ease and peace in that moment, knowing that you are loved very much and are watched over by them as only Angels and of course, our dear Lord can.
My Dad was tragically taken away from me 1967, when I was 15, due to a construction accident. Needless to say, I was devastated beyond belief. Short story...three weeks later I was sound asleep, when something suddenly awoke me. I looked around adjusting to the dim light in my bedroom coming from the streetlamp outside. As I looked to the foot of my bed my dad was standing there with arms folded across his chest and just smiling at me. Normally, I'd be freaked out seeing a spirit/ghost in my bedroom in the middle of the night, but there was no fear what-so-ever, just a feeling of complete calm and peace washed over me. As I turned to turn on the light on my nightstand beside me, I watched as my dad floated away toward my door and just faded out and disappeared. As I sat there in the light and looked around the room, I thought to myself that dad was just telling me that things will be all right and he would watch over me and my mom.
Two years later I was with my mom visiting all of dad's relatives in Maine. One night as we were staying with one of my aunt's and uncle's, (my dad's favorite brother), and I was sharing a hide a bed with my cousin out in their family room, as he had to sacrafice his room to my mom. And again, I was suddenly awakened for some reason and sat up in bed and as I looked around, there was my dad again, standing at the end of the bed, arms folded and just smiling at me. I proceeded to try to wake up my cousin so he could see him too, but to no avail. My dad slowly drifted to the right side of my and faded into an easy chair there along the wall. It was then my cousin sat up and started asking what the hell I was talking about. I said never mind and rolled over and went to sleep, totally at peace with myself in the comfort of knowing that there are spirits that truly walk among us in our everyday lives.

1645157316541.png

Aloha, Mark

My Dad passed onto Eternal Patrol February 2001. Since then I have had conversations with him in my dreams, these are not memories because we are discussing recent events. Some times it's a submarine base, and both of us are in uniform though there's 2 years between when he retired and I joined the Navy.

My Mom recently passed and she visited me in my dream to talk about the family.

sad for anyone's loss. felt that enough times myself. but i find it hard to believe in ghosts, demons, gods, and other mythical beings.

Hey Frank, I respect your take on things, but until you've experienced a phenomenon such as seeing a spirit for yourself it may be hard to believe. But...everybody has their own demons to deal with in some form or another, and, some more than others, but we all have them. I don't believe in gods, because there is only one God who's son sacrificed his life to save mankind. And as for mythical creatures and beings just look at the many depictions of creatures/beings, demons, etc. carved into the walls of all of the ancient cities, temples, places of sacrifice all around the world as well the pyramids built in many countries all around the world as well. There are also many of these creatures mentioned in the Bible. Just saying...

Last Edited:
I really don't go in for mystical stuff, but my father told me that he was out walking one day while my grandmother was terminally ill in the hospital. Suddenly he felt her holding his hand. He knew it was her - she was his mother. When he got home, he learned that she had passed at about the time he felt her hand.

Starving babies in Ethiopia would sure like a guardian angel. Young women sold as sex slaves would, too.

Hey Frank, I respect your take on things, but until you've experienced a phenomenon such as seeing a spirit for yourself it may be hard to believe. But...everybody has their own demons to deal with in some form or another, and, some more than others, but we all have them. I don't believe in gods, because there is only one God who's son sacrificed his life to save mankind. And as for mythical creatures and beings just look at the many depictions of creatures/beings, demons, etc. carved into the walls of all of the ancient cities, temples, places of sacrifice all around the world as well the pyramids built in many countries all around the world as well. There are also many of these creatures mentioned in the Bible. Just saying...
I think that's the result of years and years of brainwashing. All of us suffer it to some degree. Politics is a another great example.

It's a matter of where one was born. Ya could've easily been just as convinced with Islam or Hinduism.

Probably a little about one's upbringing too. I didn't have a religious family, so I got to think it out for myself.

1000s of years of science, yet not one bit of evidence should at least make one question religion and other mystical mysteries.

I'm not going to give a "yea or nay" on your beliefs or feelings. It seems to be a comfort to
you and that is good. For myself, the very few times I've encountered similar feelings I've
realized that for me it was memories coming forward from the past and making it seem
as though it was current reality. And it was a comfort to me as well.

I think that's the result of years and years of brainwashing. All of us suffer it to some degree. Politics is a another great example.

It's a matter of where one was born. Ya could've easily been just as convinced with Islam or Hinduism.

Probably a little about one's upbringing too. I didn't have a religious family, so I got to think it out for myself.

1000s of years of science, yet not one bit of evidence should at least make one question religion and other mystical mysteries.
Interesting.

Use science to prove the origin of life.

Then reproduce your results, using inputs you created from nothing.

'There is an old story about God and Satan having a wager.

Satan said, "I can do anything you can do."

So God said, "Okay, let's make a man."

So God got down and scraped the dirt together, formed it, and breathed into it, and man became a living soul.

So Satan got down and started scraping the dirt together, and God said, "Wait a minute! Get your own dirt!"'

Just because we don't know something doesn't mean god did it.

We used to think the sun was dragged across the sky with a chariot.

Someday there will be enough evidence to convince all but the insane there's no such thing as gods and demons.
We're almost there now, but have 1000s of years of ignorance and brainwashing and fear to overcome.
It'll be a solid 100 years before we give up on Santa Claus for adults and the likes. :/

I just can't help but shake my head, thinking, "Who the hell believes that cr*p now-a-days?" I mean, seriously, ghosts and super-beings?

Critical thinking would squash that. But I think folks fear that this is all ya got.

Live your life as if it's the only one you have. 'Cause it is. Ya die, lights out, simple as that.

Sentient rechargeable batteries at best. Nothing special. No different really than the tree in your yard. Born, live, die, compost.

Just because we don't know something doesn't mean god did it.

We used to think the sun was dragged across the sky with a chariot.

Someday there will be enough evidence to convince all but the insane there's no such thing as gods and demons.
We're almost there now, but have 1000s of years of ignorance and brainwashing and fear to overcome.
It'll be a solid 100 years before we give up on Santa Claus for adults and the likes. :/

I just can't help but shake my head, thinking, "Who the hell believes that cr*p now-a-days?" I mean, seriously, ghosts and super-beings?

Critical thinking would squash that. But I think folks fear that this is all ya got.

Live your life as if it's the only one you have. 'Cause it is. Ya die, lights out, simple as that.

Sentient rechargeable batteries at best. Nothing special. No different really than the tree in your yard. Born, live, die, compost.

Well, you and I do not share belief systems, but that's cool.

Neither of us can prove our side yet we both have faith.

I think statistically that the majority of people have not been with a loved one as they are in their final days... final hours.

To say that there isn't an afterlife as if you have proof is at best incorrect and at worst not following the scientific method. We won't know until the end.

But back to the first paragraph, if more people were with their loved ones the very last day and last hour... I think more would have an open mind to the idea that there is an afterlife.

This does not have to depend on a Supreme Diety or Gods.... my premise doesn't state one nor require one. Just that there is an afterlife and witnessing the passing of a loved one reinforces that idea.

Everyone is entitled to their own idea and belief. I'm basing my premise on my direct observation and experience this past year.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR