JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't understand people who buy Volksquarten (or any high dollar) 10/22. Why not use that money and buy a better target/match .22? You can buy old Mossberg US .22lr for $100-$500 that will outshoot most 10/22's.

I don't understand people who buy Volksquarten (or any high dollar) 10/22. Why not use that money and buy a better target/match .22? You can buy old Mossberg US .22lr for $100-$500 that will outshoot most 10/22's.

precisely, Seeing as most of the stuff out there(for the 10/22) seems to be junk, or overpriced marketing gimmicks.

Many of us want a mag fed semi auto that is accurate for shoots like Appleseed. My 10/22s are sub 1 MOA and so are the others I have seen with match barrels. I have maybe $550 in each of my 10/22s not counting mags

I 'think' the orginal stocks were Walnut and the Maple ones were used during the transition to the Birch ones.

I heard that Birch is getting hard to come by and Ruger is switching to plastics and laminated wood stocks..

I love the Tommy gun look, where do you get the stock stuff and the parts? What mag is that?

So are you comparing the factory 10/22 to a Volquartsen or a Kidd. Why don't you compare a Kia to a Bentley. Other than the basic design, there is zero Ruger parts on the Kidd or VQ except the magazine.
I have shot and have seen many groups put up by those old Mossies, they are quite nice for the era they were built. But a Kidd and a VQ will both out shoot them hands down. Not everyone wants a cheap old bolt action that even a basic modern Savage or Marlin will out shoot. Some people actually want a high quality, well built rifle.

Most aftermarket stuff out there is junk, and that goes for everything, whether it is a Chevy 350 or a PC. So before you spend money you check around first. That is why no one recommends the Butler Creek CF barrels, but they sell a ton of them because they are available everywhere and no one asks until after they buy it.

Remember, the Ruger 10/22 is a cheap built gun that is super reliable and tough as iron. One huge benefit to it is that it has a nearly unlimited supply of tune up parts.

Oh yeah, The Marlin 60 has a plastic trigger group also, always has, only the Glenfields have an aluminum.

According to the stack of Ruger, Savage, Remington, and Marlin stocks I have piled in the corner. They are all hardwood of the same basic species. Mostly birch but a few beech, I believe beechwood is what Ruger is using now, as is the Marlin stock I have sitting here. Ruger may have used poplar, but of the 6 stocks ranging from brand new to mid 70's, not a single one is poplar. Poplar is to soft to use as a gun stock.

for what some have in their 10/22s you could go buy a nice Anschutz (used of course), for out of the box accuracy they can't be beat. And of course, they have class.

Or you could head over to I-Fish, put in the minimum number of posts to participate in the classifieds and buy the one there for $150.00 without the scope.

Just sayin'. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads