JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't start on fast food prices (oops too late, we are 14 pages in). I am in the work SUV all the time so FF is often a staple of my diet. You'll in the NW are missing out on Whataburger. Inflation of what, 30%? Honestly I don't know how families stay afloat now. Yet people on both coasts seem to keep voting for corrupt degenerates. "Hey, let's pass another spending bill RINOS..."

That's my perspective from TX anyway. I know, I know, we got Austin, Houston, Dallas, and SA. A lot of folks from both coasts have moved here too so there.
Way back when I lived in Utah/Salt Lake Valley we had "Whataburger". I imagine they've changed, just like everything else fast food wise, since the mid '70s. Back then in Utah Whataburger was something else! Must have been because they were fairly limited fast food places and they really HAD to come up with something special. These days I can't believe the crap served for the price. People will eat anything, at any price, these days it seems.

Fast food prices are insane right now. I still see long lines though. They will charge what people will pay.
Grocery prices are pretty high right now too, which makes it kind of difficult to save money no matter what you do. I usually shop at Grocery Outlet to save a few bucks but if you want to eat reasonably healthy, it's not cheap.

Grocery prices are pretty high right now too, which makes it kind of difficult to save money no matter what you do. I usually shop at Grocery Outlet to save a few bucks but if you want to eat reasonably healthy, it's not cheap.
I just picked up 5lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs, 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, a 2lb block of Sharp cheddar cheese, a 2 lb block of Medium Cheddar cheese. 2qts of non dairy coffee creamer, a three pack of organic Romaine hearts and two dozen large eggs for $39. It should have been about $34 but I forgot to clip a digital coupon for the chicken breast. I am going back for the $5 or returning the chicken breast.

Just like with gun deals there are grocery deals out there, if you look for them.
Since I am going to be eating less carbs and more meat and fat, I will have to expand my normal shopping haunts. Grocery Outlet deals tend to be more carb related but they often have deals on sausages and other processed meats.

Way back when I lived in Utah/Salt Lake Valley we had "Whataburger". I imagine they've changed, just like everything else fast food wise, since the mid '70s. Back then in Utah Whataburger was something else! Must have been because they were fairly limited fast food places and they really HAD to come up with something special. These days I can't believe the crap served for the price. People will eat anything, at any price, these days it seems.
A lot of the fast food places are doing the whole "we're gourmet too!" thing where they're trying to pretend to be a hand-crafted burger or whatever. Hey guys these are our regular burgers here on this menu and THESE over here are our artisan burgers for twice the price. The best burger coming out of a fast food place in the NW is mediocre at best, no use dressing it up.
I've heard really good things about Whataburger but I'm sure if they actually brought one here, they'd put it in an obscure location, have a 2 hr line to wait in and somehow lower the quality in comparison to the rest of their franchises.

I just picked up 5lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs, 5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, a 2lb block of Sharp cheddar cheese, a 2 lb block of Medium Cheddar cheese. 2qts of non dairy coffee creamer, a three pack of organic Romaine hearts and two dozen large eggs for $39. It should have been about $34 but I forgot to clip a digital coupon for the chicken breast. I am going back for the $5 or returning the chicken breast.

Just like with gun deals there are grocery deals out there, if you look for them.
Since I am going to be eating less carbs and more meat and fat, I will have to expand my normal shopping haunts. Grocery Outlet deals tend to be more carb related but they often have deals on sausages and other processed meats.
That's not a bad deal. If you're committed to looking for deals and doing coupons, you can definitely make it work. For me, there are times where I don't have the time to commit, fortunately my wife is pretty good at finding deals. We usually do delivery orders due to our schedule and then do another small shopping trip to pick up things that are either a better deal elsewhere OR that we cannot get by delivery.

Do your body and your wallet a favor and stay away from fast food altogether. For the same or better price you can eat extremely clean and healthy.

Just my 2¢.
And you don't have to do the digital coupon kabuki dance for bulk barley, rice, oxtails, greens, etc etc either. coupons are just to get you in the door. Good food is cheap, all things considered.

Don't start on fast food prices (oops too late, we are 14 pages in). I am in the work SUV all the time so FF is often a staple of my diet. You'll in the NW are missing out on Whataburger. Inflation of what, 30%? Honestly I don't know how families stay afloat now. Yet people on both coasts seem to keep voting for corrupt degenerates. "Hey, let's pass another spending bill RINOS..."

That's my perspective from TX anyway. I know, I know, we got Austin, Houston, Dallas, and SA. A lot of folks from both coasts have moved here too so there.
Once drove with a friend from Little Rock to Texarkana just to get a whataburger. Totally worth it. Yes, we are missing out. Now, that was about 35 years ago.

I probably could afford an $18 big mac if Car insurance would not have went up 23% in January and Homeowners 42% over two years.

People have to really adjust their spending to get ahead now or even just maintain.

Fire departments are crying poverty because a single fire truck has increased in price by $350,000.

This inflation is absolutely not sustainable.

A local Mexican joint called Don Pedros near me charges $15.00 for one of their Pollo Asado chicken dinners.
You get half of a broasted chicken, rice, re fried beans, 4 corn tortillas, salad and chips with all the extra sauces you want.
It's plenty for just the wife and I to share.
I generally order an extra order of corn tortillas, which costs a $1.75 more, which I use to make mini soft tacos.
I've been going there for over thirty years and have never had a bad experience there.
I'm usually the only white guy there when ordering the takeout.

I probably could afford an $18 big mac if Car insurance would not have went up 23% in January and Homeowners 42% over two years.

People have to really adjust their spending to get ahead now or even just maintain.

Fire departments are crying poverty because a single fire truck has increased in price by $350,000.

I heard recently that a local fire department was crying because they needed a new truck.. because they didn't grease a particular pivot point and the repair is pretty much equivalent to a new truck.

I heard recently that a local fire department was crying because they needed a new truck.. because they didn't grease a particular pivot point and the repair is pretty much equivalent to a new truck.
C-tran ditched the Million-dollar buses for some Two million dollar articulating buses that are twice as long and just as empty.

I usually shop at Grocery Outlet to save a few bucks
We've been shopping there occasionally since they were called, "Canned Food Store." About 35 plus years. These days, you must be a careful shopper at Gro. Outlet. You can find some stuff cheaper at Fred Meyer than Gro. Outlet. But some deals can still be found there. That's why I say "occasionally."

twice as long and just as empty.
Maybe they are planning for the future? I'm kidding. It's the same around here, Dem. run local and state governments are always pandering to the downtrodden (legal vote buying) and transit is one focus of that overall effort. Public transportation works best in highly built-up areas. Trying to make it fit everywhere in suburbs and exurbs, not as effective as in cities. Lots of these transportation projects get forced. Dems will tell you, "We have to push this now even if the ridership isn't there, we have to do it for the future." They hate privately owned vehicles, but they don't mind tapping them for public transit funding.

Because of prevailing wage laws, transportation projects usually involve union labor. And union labor helps keep Dems. in office. Get it?

Of all the fast food joints, my favorite is Arby's. Not cheap, yet surely not the most expensive. The lean sliced beef they use on many of their offerings is more healthy than burger patties. Of course they sell some stuff that is plenty unhealthy too. Many of their sandwiches come stock with cheese, for example.

Most people don't realize that those tasty, golden crisp French fries aren't innocent. Average cheeseburger (not the deluxe double stack) has 535 calories, medium fries has 366. Lots of fat calories.

We've been shopping there occasionally since they were called, "Canned Food Store." About 35 plus years. These days, you must be a careful shopper at Gro. Outlet. You can find some stuff cheaper at Fred Meyer than Gro. Outlet. But some deals can still be found there. That's why I say "occasionally."

Maybe they are planning for the future? I'm kidding. It's the same around here, Dem. run local and state governments are always pandering to the downtrodden (legal vote buying) and transit is one focus of that overall effort. Public transportation works best in highly built-up areas. Trying to make it fit everywhere in suburbs and exurbs, not as effective as in cities. Lots of these transportation projects get forced. Dems will tell you, "We have to push this now even if the ridership isn't there, we have to do it for the future." They hate privately owned vehicles, but they don't mind tapping them for public transit funding.

Because of prevailing wage laws, transportation projects usually involve union labor. And union labor helps keep Dems. in office. Get it?

Of all the fast food joints, my favorite is Arby's. Not cheap, yet surely not the most expensive. The lean sliced beef they use on many of their offerings is more healthy than burger patties. Of course they sell some stuff that is plenty unhealthy too. Many of their sandwiches come stock with cheese, for example.

Most people don't realize that those tasty, golden crisp French fries aren't innocent. Average cheeseburger (not the deluxe double stack) has 535 calories, medium fries has 366. Lots of fat calories.
Shake shack double shakeshack burger:

"2,240 calories, 55 grams of saturated fat, and 3,170 milligrams of sodium."

Brothers, that's just insane. I'm astounded at the garbage people consume.

What? This is the best economy ever. Haven't you heard?

The overall quality of food is the US is bad. Yes, it's got the USDA stamp of approval but travel outside the US and be honest. The richest country has the most process food or filled with unnecessary garbage.

It used to be just Taco Bell, but now most FF has me running to the border.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top