JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it's not the healthiest choice, but I've been known to indulge in the occasional fast food binge every now and then.

Back in the day (late 90s), I could do so for a few bucks, because Burger King Whoppers were 99 cents.

I went by BK the other day for the first time in years, and - lo and behold, the Whopper is now more than $8… for just the sandwich

WOW.

View attachment 1852719
Best part is - the food isn't the same quality or size either. It's about 1/2 the size at best - no longer a "whopper" really.

When I was going to college I lived on those things!

Best part is - the food isn't the same quality or size either. It's about 1/2 the size at best - no longer a "whopper" really.

When I was going to college I lived on those things!
That whopper really used to be something. I still remember the first one I ever had. I was doing some work with a good buddy, away from home, in Logan Utah. Must have been about 1976? Burger King hadn't come to Salt Lake, where I lived, yet. I remember how fast they got food out to lunch time crowd. So fresh compared to Mc Dee's. Whataburger was pretty fricken' incredible too.

When I go to Costco I go early and the food court gal charges me less than what's on the menu. I figure it's either I look like a bum, it's an early-bird special type deal or she's pocketing the cash. This is one little detail in life that I'm not really worried about because nom.

Speaking of Whoppers, who remembers their BOGO offer on back of their receipt for doing their survey? This was several years back when Whopper was $2.99.

Weird. BK sends me coupons in
the mail every other week. Currently
a whopper meal is $6.99.

Without an app, I can go to a McDonalds
and get 2 Mcdoubles for $4 bucks. Was
feeling saucy the other day and ordered
a small fry for a whopping $6 bucks!

Wendy's is going to implement "dynamic pricing" where prices will change depending on the length of the line in real time.
They backed off on that idea when many ridiculed it, and denied that it ever was their intention.
Anyway, who thinks that Wendy's Dave's Single/Double/etc is better than McD or BK?

Last Edited:
Are you taking the DeLorean back in time?Great scott! Is that you mcfly?
Buy One McDouble, McChicken, Spicy McChicken, Bacon something, or one other thing at ""regular "" price ($2.50-$3.50 depends on location), Get One of the same items for another $1. But some items only limited choices, like if you get McChicken first, you can only get another McChicken :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top