JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a funny first time experience for me. I finally have about 1500 5.56 brass ready for reloading so I started in on it tonight. As I am running brass through all the sudden I get a big spill of powder. Using a Hornady LnL I've found that if you push the arm all the way up or down things will run smoothly so I was at bit confused by the spill. I grabbed the brass out of the shell plate to dump it out thinking I had a double charge only to have a ding dang spider crawl out of the case! :s0131: I tossed that brass out of my hand like a hot craps shooter in Vegas. Man I hate spiders.

I was laying on my bed early this evening and happened to see a black thing on the wall, I looked up and this giant spider at least 3" across was sitting there on the wall. I hate spiders so I freaked out. I have a central vacuum system in the house, so got the hose and vacuumed him up. I deal with him in a couple months when hes nicely dead and dried up. Generally, small spiders don't worry me, I just kill them. But dang he was huge, I was scared to go near it. Shooting it with the shotgun came to mind, but had to dismiss that quickly, not ready for a whole in the wall to let more in.

it strikes me that at 3" the spider now qualifies as being large enough to engage with small arms fire...

I hate spiders, I also hate centipedes. Thankfully I don't have them around here, but they were really common at a place I used to work.

This is one of the reasons I took to washing my brass... it gets all the crap out of the cases, whether it's dirt or spiders, not much hangs out after a quick soak in dilute acid and detergent.

I used to have one of those cute "Bug Shooters". Great for spiders and the ever elusive fly. Was a simple plastic dart gun with a round "swatter" end on it that looked like an old anti-aircraft sight from a 50 cal. Deadly at 6 feet which was the limit of the string attached to it.

Maybe I'll revive it with a modified version. One that will fit the barrel of my 9mm and propel it with a blank round. Should be able to handle at least a 3" spider on the ceiling or wall. Just have to remember to paint the mag with blanks a fluorescent color so I don't inadvertently load up with hollow points. That would be overkill for spiders, even the ones some see after an evening out "partying to excess":)

"Jes crawl on in there, Goob!"

"Whut if there's spahders, Barney? I'm deathly feard of spahder bites, Barney!"

"Crawl in there, Goob!"

"Ah don' want no spahder bites, Barney!"

I tend to use fire to dispose of insects, which is why my wifes screen door has a burn mark in it.

Do you have another screen door that's just yours?

As for insects, I use whatever's at hand. Yesterday, while pouring gas into my mower, a lazy yellow jacket walked by on the floor. A convenient drip from my gas can took care of it.

I used to have a couple of cats, a pair of "brothers", that used to take flies out of the air and loved spiders. If they saw one on the wall, if it was less than 4' above the floor it was theirs. Sometimes they'd launch from the back of a chair to get a higher one. Hilarious to watch them on "bug patrol".

I moved here from Hawaii, I was sitting on the can one night half asleep and a 6" centipede dropped on my bare thighs and dropped down into my boxers. I had neighbors 3 blocks away who wondered who was slaughtering a pig at 3am. I left the Island shortly.

Come on guy's spiders are the good guys. They eat all the other crappy insects.

while on the topic of spiders - I was working in the yard one day, weeding my the rocks (small boulders) that "hold up" a 3 foot retaining wall, when I looked to the left and a couple of feet away I saw a spider so big that I we look each other in the eye. It was creepy. .... I left him alone, and moved to a different area.

My wife was rather pissed off one time where I had a John Woo-esque gun-kata fight with an incredibly large black widow using simmunition in the bathroom one time. I feel rather lucky to say I won. After that we hired an exterminator to come by and spray the perimeter of the house once a month.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top