JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hemp is legal in most of the world but you don't see much in the way of cultivation for purposes other than "medicinal"

You don't even know what Hemp is do you?

Stop spewing garbage. It just makes you look ignorant to people that have spent more than 2 seconds validating their facts.

TAKE 2 SECONDS AND LOOK FOR YOURSELF.

I see Law Enforcement Officers quite often just regurgitate the party line, because the "Law" said it's trash so it's trash.

LEO's, think for yourself too, there's no excuse for ignorance.

Hemp and Cannabis are two different plants. They are related, but Hemp was collateral damage in the war against profits. (Not drugs.. .profits) Hemp can be grown that won't make you high, but it was also made illegal because of MONEY.

If you don't want to take 2 seconds, then take 1 second and click here. NONE of this is rocket science, and science has proven the "Official" claims to be myths and lies over and over and over again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

The many uses for hemp (Currently in use)
Hemp Products and Hemp Benefits

Global analysis of hemp Industrial uses in practice now worldwide
http://www.votehemp.com/PDF/hemp97.pdf

Hemp fiber is typicly seventy times as strong as cotton fibers. Think how much better made some products would be if hemp was used instead of cotton. Also hemp does not require the heavy usage of pesticides that cotton does.

Not disputing the many uses of Hemp and I think it was Dupont? influence pushing nylon rope that eventually demonized hemp/cannabis into illegality etc..
Saying that why do pot smokers push so hard for hemp legalization? Do they feel it will help legalize cannabis faster or is it more of a save the planet thing?

I know a little on the subject but like moncon, I wasn't aware of any large scale use and cultivation of hemp still. Isn't it just getting popular again recently?

Not disputing the many uses of Hemp and I think it was Dupont? influence pushing nylon rope that eventually demonized hemp/cannabis into illegality etc..
Saying that why do pot smokers push so hard for hemp legalization? Do they feel it will help legalize cannabis faster or is it more of a save the planet thing?

I know a little on the subject but like moncon, I wasn't aware of any large scale use and cultivation of hemp still. Isn't it just getting popular again recently?

It's harmless (unlike alcohol, but I stick with alcohol myself..I don't always follow my own advice), it has been proven to improve quality of life for people with all sorts of illnesses, provides so many useful products, and doesn't really have a downside except for the demonization of it.

No ill health effects, you can't poison yourself eating/smoking it, nobody has ever flown into a marijuana induced rage and attacked anyone (Due to the marijuana) and it would save billions of dollars in stopping law enforcement from having to fight a war on a harmless drug.

The upsides are all over. The downsides are only man made.

I don't know about Colorado, but Washington State it gearing up for a lot of industries and income from it.

JackThompson - I just want to say your posts on this matter are informed and refreshing. Amazing how the pharms and corp elite have molded our taboos for us.

As for the drug side of it all, I wish it did for me what it does for others. All I get is blood shot eyes, a sore throat and a voracious appetite. Nothing else at all. I used to get a much better high from a Hookah - maybe oxygen deprivation :). In fact, that only time I can remember ever getting high was from laughing gas at the dentist - wowza - I was tripping - I know - sad life!

Had the Beach Boys cranked up on headsets and felt like I was floating around the room. In my drugged out state I was able to raise my hand when I heard a buzzing sound (the dentist checking to see if all was ok). I remember thinking WOW so this is what it is like to be high. I finally understood at least why people do drugs.

It's harmless (unlike alcohol, but I stick with alcohol myself..I don't always follow my own advice), it has been proven to improve quality of life for people with all sorts of illnesses, provides so many useful products, and doesn't really have a downside except for the demonization of it.

No ill health effects, you can't poison yourself eating/smoking it, nobody has ever flown into a marijuana induced rage and attacked anyone (Due to the marijuana) and it would save billions of dollars in stopping law enforcement from having to fight a war on a harmless drug.

The upsides are all over. The downsides are only man made.

I don't know about Colorado, but Washington State it gearing up for a lot of industries and income from it.

Have to disagree with it being harmless to breathe unfiltered smoke into your lungs and it tended to destroy any ambition I had in High School, (parents should tell their kids to avoid it!). That being said, it should have been legalized long ago for adults. I don't think legalizing it now will increase usage either. Anyone who wants to smoke it now does and after the novelty of legal pot wears off you might even get a decrease. When I was a teen the fact that it was illegal was part of the fun.
Current pot smokers beware though, Uncle Sam is gonna tax the HECK out of it!!!

"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica." - Abraham Lincoln (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany)

It probably wasn't as potent then as it is now! LOL

What a great prank after the time machine is invented, to spike Abe's sweet hemp with chronic!

Have to disagree with it being harmless to breathe unfiltered smoke into your lungs and it tended to destroy any ambition I had in High School, (parents should tell their kids to avoid it!). That being said, it should have been legalized long ago for adults. I don't think legalizing it now will increase usage either. Anyone who wants to smoke it now does and after the novelty of legal pot wears off you might even get a decrease. When I was a teen the fact that it was illegal was part of the fun.
Current pot smokers beware though, Uncle Sam is gonna tax the HECK out of it!!!

I agree that inhaling anything burning isn't natural, but I don't recall off hand any cases of lung cancer from it. I would still imagine it would be safer as a brownie or a breath mint etc. (Or even brew it into a beer.)

It should definitely be treated like alcohol though! 21 and over. (Actually I think 18 and over for alcohol and pot, just because that's the age at which you can put your life on the line for our country... I think that's a fair trade.)

I don't believe in the "Lost ambitions" or "Laziness" factor. I know at the moment you are high, you are more relaxed, but I smoked pot back in 7th and 8th grade, seemed like everybody was then. When I was high, I didn't really care to do much, but a lot of that for me is that I felt all foggy.. it's not a good feeling to me, so I stopped back then. When I wasn't high, I felt 100% as normal as I ever did, and just as ambitious and energetic.

Alcohol on the other hand.. man, did I ever spend some "Day after" days with a hangover.. I swear I must have killed all the brain cells that weren't required to keep my heart pumping.. that was about it!

Taxes, are another story completely. In my world, you should be able to grow it right next to your corn and squash and do whatever you want with it.

P.S.
Thanks Burt :)

I learned a lot from my kids. It's amazing how that works. My oldest son wrote a paper on it in College, and that's actually when he first tried it. He's very excited that it is legal in Washington State now. He keeps trying to get me to smoke it with him. It's just not for me. (And will still get you canned at most jobs if it showed up on a drug screening.)

JackThompson, I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the harmful effects to the young mind of smoking pot. I really feel it set me and my friends back. During Middle School and on in to High School smoking and to a lesser extent drinking was practically our #1 goal in life. Harder drugs began to creep into our routine until I eventually dropped out of school so I could get a full time job to get more drugs. During a lucid moment between minimum wage jobs I walked into a recruiters office and joined up on a lark one day, the recruiter had to come to our house so my Mom could sign my life away as I was 17! Through my Army years the news from my old friends was usually bad. Drop outs, DUIs, arrests for robberies as well as drugs even deaths. I can't blame all that on pot but it was a factor IMO. I re-visited pot in later years and for me it still drained my ambition and dulled my mental skills. Legal or not I've no desire to mess with it again but more power to any adult who does. I'm sure it effects everyone different.

Here Gov says cancer sticks are ok, fluoride, mercury/thermisol in vaccines, aerosol spraying of alum/other metals/chemtrails, GMOs (giant cancerous tumors on test rats), aspartame (rat poison), Sucrose, high fructose corp syrup, all sort of poisons pushed by the biggest pushers - the pharms, cancer treatments like bloodletting when natural cures are real, the list is endless how they are thinning the herd - but - I am supposed to be concerned about pot. What a joke.

Oh that dangerous weed!!! Scary stuff!

JackThompson, I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the harmful effects to the young mind of smoking pot. I really feel it set me and my friends back. During Middle School and on in to High School smoking and to a lesser extent drinking was practically our #1 goal in life. Harder drugs began to creep into our routine until I eventually dropped out of school so I could get a full time job to get more drugs. During a lucid moment between minimum wage jobs I walked into a recruiters office and joined up on a lark one day, the recruiter had to come to our house so my Mom could sign my life away as I was 17! Through my Army years the news from my old friends was usually bad. Drop outs, DUIs, arrests for robberies as well as drugs even deaths. I can't blame all that on pot but it was a factor IMO. I re-visited pot in later years and for me it still drained my ambition and dulled my mental skills. Legal or not I've no desire to mess with it again but more power to any adult who does. I'm sure it effects everyone different.

With the exception of me becoming a "working zombie" so I could buy my next "fix" (I never even came close to addiction), I too have a similar story; enlisted in the Army @ 17, off to war, grew up fast, learned to think beyond "myself".

My partying friends who stayed behind got left behind... they gradually became alcoholics, coke-heads, theifs, convicted criminals, deadbeat dads, single moms, and minimum wage earners to this day (and we're all close to 50 now!).

The really sad thing is, they were ALL good hearted kids with a LOT of potential... But they made their beds.

Sorry for the ultra-late reply!

So I was thinking about this comment specifically over the last week, and whipped out my phone and snapped some photos around the house where I could find evidence of Hemp in massive use in todays world market. (Examples of large scale use and cultivation)

I present:

Exhibit A: Hemp Hearts - Omega 3 and 6. I use this to keep my brain and heart working tip top! It's a superfood and you can eat it plain if you want. I usually put it in Yogurt, Cereal, Oatmeal or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Purchased at the third world, fringe, black market, scary underworld of.... Cosco.

Exhibit B: Castile Soap. I use Castile soap because it was discovered by science that Sulfates are poisonous and not good for you. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: Facts Versus Fairytales

So one of the main ingredients (I wasn't looking for this, but it jumped out at me while scrubbing my hands the other day!) is Hemp oil. Purchased at WalGreens.

I bet you could probably find 50 products in places like Target or Fred Meyers or WalMart with Hemp in it...

I couldn't find product labels and pictures for my last two examples, but I have Hemp rope (Mega-Strong!) and Hemp hand/foot lotion. (Best I've ever used)

Seems people don't understand the difference Between pot, and hemp. They are of the same plant but nowhere near the same thing. Hemp is a version of the marijuana plant that has next to no chemicals in it, no THC, CBD, nothing. Hemp can be grown in various forms (there are more than one type of hemp, just as there is more than one type of pot) and each one works better for a specific use. I.e. some are better for constructing fiber for clothes, and rope. Some are better for alternative fuel options. Some better suited for construction materials, like concrete (which btw, hemp makes a concrete unmatched by almost anything else used for concrete). It all depends on the plant. Again though, hemp is no go for thing outside this, you're not going to get high off it nor make very good medicines.

Pot, marijuana, etc. The plant we know as a recreational drug, as many know, comes in many different forms. This plant is rich in chemicals image.jpg and with the right knowledge can be breed for many different thing. The CBD in the plant has HUGE! medical properties. A group of brother in Colorado have developed an almost purely CBD strain called "Charlotte's Web" for the use in children, this strain contains only about 0.1% THC so it does not get you high (hence why it's for kids). This strain is curing seizures of EPIC! kinds in children. People are moving from all over the country to Colorado so they can give their children another chance at life. Each chemical is affective at fighting certain things by itself, but together they make a cure all. Charlotte's Web (cannabis) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://www.facebook.com/RealmofCaring

Now is where i get booed out by the masses. This plant doesn't have a negative affect in it, minus the fact that inhaling the smoke of ANYTHING burning is not good for your lungs. However even on the subject of smoking it, alone... Marijuana does not cause lung cancer (it in fact is a anti cancer agent), emphysema... nothing, you will paralyze your cilia, maybe a little more... but that's it. <---- this is not my feelings, this is science. There is proof being suppressed that it not only helps fight cancer symptoms... but believe it or not... CURES CANCER!!! One of those desperate families looking to help their child by moving to Colorado so they could give Charlotte's Web a chance, gave it to their child who had cancer. This family, like every family who's loved one gets cancer, tried everything, and could no longer bare to watch their child suffer through pills, and chemo, and the many other death causing treatments big pharma says is the only way. Not long after they started the treatment they noticed great improvement. They took the poor child off the pills and lowered the chemo treatments, and would you guess what... that cancer disappeared. So after pills, chemo, etc didn't work they introduce marijuana to the regiment and took out the other crap and BAM!!! results, for the first time since diagnosis there was progress, then... BAAAAMMMM!!! gone. You only have two choices here. 1.) this kids is the first person to ever build immunity cancer thus curing itself. or 2.) the introduction of this new medicine to the regiment actually showed some results. A man named Rick Simpson in the late 90's started using marijuana because he had tried everything to cure his aliments from a work related head injury. His doctor had told him there was nothing more they could do for him, so he (without telling his doctor) started using a concentrated oil he'd made because he wasn't the biggest fan of the smoking aspect and thought a oil would be healthier and work better. Rick at this time had also developed carcinoma. A few weeks after he started his own treatments he felt better than he felt in years and even his melanoma seemed gone. After a visit to his doctor in which they verified his cancer was gone, the doctor was dead speechless, and because rick hadn't come to them to get rid of it was a loss as to how this had just disappeared. Rick came clean saying the only answer he had was he'd started using a cannabis oil... they kicked him out on the spot. Following what he believed to be the most disgusting, inhumane treatment he had ever received, started making the oil and giving it out for free, telling everyone he could of his experience. Phoenix Rising: The Story of Rick Simpson and RSO episode 1 - YouTube

Most naysayers have the same answers, and as to where they learn their rebuttals, parents, school... their government. If you wont believe "Big Bother" when he feeds you a line of bullbubblegum about the dangers of firearms or how paying taxes is good for your health, then why would you all of a sudden believe you're being told the truth on this subject.

I can not deny that fact that studies show a majority of pot users become lazy, unemployed, criminals, and such other things, but what do you expect when it's illegal. Any time you make something illegal, anyone knowingly involved with it is immediately a criminal, in turn ineligible for work and making these people the "trash" you have no problem stepping on, or letting their quality of life bomb into the dirt, and blame for your cities problems.

If you really believe yourself to be a non believer of bullbubblegum, and a well self educated individual because you don't believe the bull and hype fed to you from "Big Brother" or anyone else and actually make you beliefs on facts you research or even study yourself, then don't stop at this subject or you've completely discredited yourself.

image.jpg

Didn't think it was popular back then.

It's been proven a recreational pastime for at least the last 2000 years... yes 2000, two thousand... that's not a typo.

Edit: To be fare a lot of that up until the 1600's was for spiritual use, it was big in medicine after that and slowly became more known a recreational thing. It has been noted for use well before christ though. The recreational idea wasn't really looked at until the government started putting their fingers into it in the 1800's, before that it was always just there and used like a billion other things in life, but one day someone didn't like they weren't making money off it and then we progressively got where we are now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top