JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you start drinking alcohol at a young age your mental development stops too. This isn't a pot thing, it's a societal thing. Similar to prohibition of the 1930s and gun restriction laws, making a substance or thing illegal does not prevent use. Drugs and alcohol are a choice totally unrelated to the second amendment. There's nothing in the Bill of Rights about managing people's intake of any substance.

Yeah, pots no worse than cigs, the Prez said so!
Really? When? I think you're being flippant. :rolleyes:

I think cigarettes and pot are both terrible for your body, and hard to recover from. Alcohol has a much more direct poison-like effect. That when taken in infrequent, tolerable dosage, can be quickly recovered from metabolically. Anything respiratory related has a much longer recovery. I don't smoke anything; never have or will. That doesn't mean I care if others want to as long as it is not required to be breathed in by me.

Our fore fathers made whiskey / beer, raised hemp / marjuana and tobacco. They did not have a problem coming up with the constitution - what exactly makes these drugs anti 2A?

I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life,'' he said in a magazine interview. "I don't think it is more dangerous than alcohol.Obama: Pot no more dangerous than alcohol

Don't get me wrong, I agree it should be legal. Just don't need the Govt. downplaying it's effects. It does seem like a way to dumb down the masses somehow to me.

Our fore fathers made whiskey / beer, raised hemp / marjuana and tobacco. They did not have a problem coming up with the constitution - what exactly makes these drugs anti 2A?

I don't think it's anti-2A directly anyway. It does tend to draw the votes for the left I guess. Left tends to vote anti-gun so in a round about way maybe. but plenty on the right smoke too??? Either way there has been talk of limiting gun rights for medical marijuana card holders.

If you start drinking alcohol at a young age your mental development stops too. This isn't a pot thing, it's a societal thing. Similar to prohibition of the 1930s and gun restriction laws, making a substance or thing illegal does not prevent use. Drugs and alcohol are a choice totally unrelated to the second amendment. There's nothing in the Bill of Rights about managing people's intake of any substance.

You completely missed the point of the article

Abraham Lincoln smoked pot while he was president. Just saying.

"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica." - Abraham Lincoln (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany)

It probably wasn't as potent then as it is now! LOL

You completely missed the point of the article
I thought the thesis of the article was:
...this study shows that adolescents exposed to marijuana have a decrease in overall intelligence, perceptual reasoning, processing speed and verbal comprehension. It also shows that the more adolescents were exposed to the drug, the more deficits they experienced.
Is that not the case? My very first sentence, "if you start drinking alcohol at a young age your mental development stops too," is specifically regarding the thesis of the article as I understood it. My further commentary regards the notion that legislation could be effective to curb the problem.

All of that said, others here have made good points about the historical use of marijuana.

Our government, both federal and state, encourage drug use either through illegal or legal drugs....

Just like any pimp or drug dealer, if you can feed the need and have a readily available customer base there is money to made. Its a win-win with a bunch of drugged out zombies caught in the middle.

Our government, both federal and state, encourage drug use either through illegal or legal drugs....

Just like any pimp or drug dealer, if you can feed the need and have a readily available customer base there is money to made. Its a win-win with a bunch of drugged out zombies caught in the middle.
The saying used to be "religion is opiate for the masses" now it's getting back to "Opiates are Opiates for the masses" or something like that. I agree it keeps the public docile and compliant anyway. Jobs and a good economy would be a better method of control though.

I thought the thesis of the article was:

Is that not the case? My very first sentence, "if you start drinking alcohol at a young age your mental development stops too," is specifically regarding the thesis of the article as I understood it. My further commentary regards the notion that legislation could be effective to curb the problem.

All of that said, others here have made good points about the historical use of marijuana.

OK I give you your copy paste skills. I don't really care about history of this. This new study not even in political America show a drop in IQ as a consequence of pot. Period, with no recovery even if you quit. Pile this on with the sham America calls schools and the lefts pile on of just do what feels good consequence be dammed and you have the perfect progressive utopia with no rule of law, liberty and freedom including the 2a for those that asked what does this have to do with guns. If that's what you choose. Choose it I don't care just know your choice has consequences regardless what your party tells you as they could care less about your well being. You won't see this article all over the media which should give you a clue as to there real agenda. Defend away I done with this topic. The reduction may have gone to far already.

I've never smoked anything, and agree it's stupid. I was educated about it's negative effects in school and by my parents. It's not the government's task to choose forms or anyone. You can kill yourself overdosing on alcohol but people are still free to have it.

"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica." - Abraham Lincoln (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany)

It probably wasn't as potent then as it is now! LOL

It doesn't matter much to me whether he did or didn't, but the Lincoln story has been pretty much <broken link removed> . Also, the hemp that was grown was bred to produce fiber. Hemp was an important material used to make rope.

OK I give you your copy paste skills. I don't really care about history of this. This new study not even in political America show a drop in IQ as a consequence of pot. Period, with no recovery even if you quit. Pile this on with the sham America calls schools and the lefts pile on of just do what feels good consequence be dammed and you have the perfect progressive utopia with no rule of law, liberty and freedom including the 2a for those that asked what does this have to do with guns. If that's what you choose. Choose it I don't care just know your choice has consequences regardless what your party tells you as they could care less about your well being. You won't see this article all over the media which should give you a clue as to there real agenda. Defend away I done with this topic. The reduction may have gone to far already.

I agree they don't need pot to dumb anyone down. They already have the educational system, the media, and the entertainment industry and they do a great job dumbing people down all on their own.

Not a drug doer here, but that study is utter rubbish.

Hemp is the miracle plant that could save our country. Replace cotton for clothes, cute ailments, relieve stress (for those that wish to) and you could make it into a beer, or a brownie, or a Popsicle or wherever.

If you did a tiny bit of research on it you would all find that the myths pushed around about pot were from cotton farmers and big pharma because its free to grow and they don't make any money from it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top