JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess at a point when I lose the title around these places of Rabble Rouser, perhaps as there are many most accepting to the way thing work out there.

Now I know you gents are much smarter then you let on, and far be it for me to break site rules.
( Hint #1) I have 3000+ messages here at NWFA and there are many hints in there but to speak of them
breaks the rules ( Hint#2). Not joking here but this is not my site an I know I push the envelope at times its not meant as any disrespect to the site owners or staff. But the rules them selves pretty much make any discussions beyond vague not possible. I speak directly with many site/group/association owners and have because they can break their own rules, and well I can not, so if they choose to involve their members they can. The main post was just to get people thinking, there is a reason what was said is specific and straight forward. Debating it is just silly as the rules set how I can answer. :confused:o_O Read the main OP ponder it or don't its really that easy. I did see that some got some of it.. Best of luck.. enough Rabble Rousing from DH tonight. I try and base what I say based on my record here I have posted allot and have had many enjoy or ( like ) the information. Not a newbie or troll Ive been here along time even pay time to time to support the group.
Take Care............ !:s0042:

Ideas!

Educate yourself on the issue(s). The Google is your friend.

Essential Viewing:

Vote with your wallet. I will no longer shop at REI (I've been a member for over 20 years and could have been a member for another 30 or 40).

Join a group(s) that support 2nd Amendment rights (vote with your wallet):

National Rifle Association (NRA)

NRA "Sekrit" weapon to fight gun control article.

Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC)
A nonprofit civil rights advocacy organization that serves its members and the public through legal efforts, direct and grassroots lobbying, education, and technology. FPC's mission is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and the inalienable, fundamental, individual right to keep and bear arms.

Gun Owners of America (GOA)
A non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners.

International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA)
The governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide.

National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR)
The National Association for Gun Rights is a non-partisan, civil rights organization focusing on issues relating to the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)
Dedicated to promoting a better understanding about our Constitutional heritage to privately own and possess firearms.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
A non-partisan organization which believes that holders of state-issued concealed handgun licenses should be allowed the same measure of personal protection on college campuses that they enjoy virtually everywhere else.

United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA)
Information on how to legally conceal and carry guns, self-defense insurance, and a monthly magazine.

Scouts Out!

I guess at a point when I lose the title around these places of Rabble Rouser, perhaps as there are many most accepting to the way thing work out there.

Now I know you gents are much smarter then you let on, and far be it for me to break site rules.
( Hint #1) I have 3000+ messages here at NWFA and there are many hints in there but to speak of them
breaks the rules ( Hint#2). Not joking here but this is not my site an I know I push the envelope at times its not meant as any disrespect to the site owners or staff. But the rules them selves pretty much make any discussions beyond vague not possible. I speak directly with many site/group/association owners and have because they can break their own rules, and well I can not, so if they choose to involve their members they can. The main post was just to get people thinking, there is a reason what was said is specific and straight forward. Debating it is just silly as the rules set how I can answer. :confused:o_O Read the main OP ponder it or don't its really that easy. I did see that some got some of it.. Best of luck.. enough Rabble Rousing from DH tonight. I try and base what I say based on my record here I have posted allot and have had many enjoy or ( like ) the information. Not a newbie or troll Ive been here along time even pay time to time to support the group.
Take Care............ !:s0042:

DH, myself and others have asked a straightforward question. I'm not good with the smoke, mirrors and secret handshakes stuff. My feeble neanderthal mind needs direct answers to fairly simple questions. The first time I was was around a firearm and ammunition I spent the entire time asking questions and learning from watching (I like many was in elementary school). But proposing for the general 2A supporting populous to do more than just write letters and pay our NRA dues means we, and even more so me, need to hear more than cryptic suggestions.

Feel free to Convo me your ideas that apparently break the rules here at NWFA. I'm very familiar with rule #2, and religion won't fix our problem but firearm related political discussion is certainly allowed. I know where you stand on the latter, and I'd be interested in hearing how you propose we can all unite to fight for our rights.

"vote with your wallet" I happen to think this is VERY important, especially at this time. I myself have been doing this for years now but I have recently doubled down. I have changed every service, place I shop/spend money to exclude ANYWHERE with some type of anti freedom policy of any kind. Most recently I switched payment processors and web hosts for my business as well to 2a friendly options. *obviously there are some places I could not cut ties with because I do have family that I live with and provide for and they need certain things, but everything within reason has been done to speak with my dollar, even if its costs more*

If for nothing else, Ill do It because it makes me feel better!

DH, this isn't meant to call you out. I realize you don't care for me much and that's ok. But you make lots of threads with the same general message and now you're saying we all don't really do anything to help support the 2A and stop new laws? Well what should we all do? Quit our jobs, leave our families and spend every waking minute protesting on the steps of our capitol buildings? I write my legislators on EVERY new proposed bill and also talk to everyone I know to encourage them to get involved. I've even written the legislators in WA because they are passing laws that could easily filter down here. But TBH I don't get why you feel the need to let us all know that "we" aren't doing enough. I've never seen you propose a plan that we as working men and women could try and follow. So, and yes I HAVE asked this before....

What's your point? Just to insult everyone here?
Perhaps if we all voted out a few Democrats (Meaning vote in Republicans ) we could take away supermajorities and force hurdles on the Democrats . I know that's a tough sell around here (Considering many here have "Issues" as important as 2A/RTKBA )

Perhaps if we all voted out a few Democrats (Meaning vote in Republicans ) we could take away supermajorities and force hurdles on the Democrats . I know that's a tough sell around here (Considering many here have "Issues" as important as 2A/RTKBA )

Yup, and somehow there are republicans wanting to "compromise" on our rights. It's not that easy.

I vote with my wallet because that is all I have. I work long hours, long weeks. I have many familial obligations (wife has health issues, special needs daughter, and raising another grand child). Not making excuses. There are only 168 hours in a week. There are limits to what a man can do.

Its far far far easier than voting a Straight Democrat ticket or enabling Democrats by voting for an Alternative Party over Republicans in this current environment ...

Well sure, but that's just stereotyping a group of people and hoping it works out.

80% of Elected Republicans on a State & National Level support 2A/RTKBA 80% of Elected Democrats on a State & National level are Hostile to 2A/RTKBA why is that so hard to fathom ?

Gee whiz, I don't know. Read the news, does the POTUS "take the guns early" comment ring a bell? The NRA agreeing with the bump stock ban? (R) prominent 2A supporters agreeing with new laws as well??

I don't know why I waste the keystrokes :rolleyes:

Gee whiz, I don't know. Read the news, does the POTUS "take the guns early" comment ring a bell? The NRA agreeing with the bump stock ban? (R) prominent 2A supporters agreeing with new laws as well??

I don't know why I waste the keystrokes :rolleyes:
perhaps because "Shall not be infringed " has been watered down by things like the end of DOMA and Roe V Wade and many other things that give the left the idea that the "Living Breathing Document " thing is reality ...

Here's my take, I don't post a bunch on here but am here everyday. We don't all have the same ability to do things. Some can march (protest) which I don't believe does much good because it will always be portrayed by the media in a bad light. A LOT make calls to reps and has been the stalwart behind the failure to get very far in Wa. with gun bills this goes hand in hand with voting with your wallet. I see people here disparaging others for not doing anything when in reality there are thousands doing what they feel is right and what they have the ability to do.

That being said here is one thing I don't see talked about often that will change things. Educating and teaching the youth safety, respect for and giving them the ability to shoot. I coach a junior shooting team. We practice every week. We shoot in several big matches a year around the state our club match every month and Nationals in Ohio once a year. I'm on the board of a 4300 member gun club here in Wa. we grant approximately $30k per year to the youth shooting teams at the club for equipment, travel whatever they need. If they need more they can come and ask. Which is a better use of my time marching on Olympia or teaching the youth to shoot? This is my point instead of pointing fingers saying you need to do this! We all here should be providing the right ideas so people can have some help deciding how they can become involved.

Here's my take, I don't post a bunch on here but am here everyday. We don't all have the same ability to do things. Some can march (protest) which I don't believe does much good because it will always be portrayed by the media in a bad light. A LOT make calls to reps and has been the stalwart behind the failure to get very far in Wa. with gun bills this goes hand in hand with voting with your wallet. I see people here disparaging others for not doing anything when in reality there are thousands doing what they feel is right and what they have the ability to do.

That being said here is one thing I don't see talked about often that will change things. Educating and teaching the youth safety, respect for and giving them the ability to shoot. I coach a junior shooting team. We practice every week. We shoot in several big matches a year around the state our club match every month and Nationals in Ohio once a year. I'm on the board of a 4300 member gun club here in Wa. we grant approximately $30k per year to the youth shooting teams at the club for equipment, travel whatever they need. If they need more they can come and ask. Which is a better use of my time marching on Olympia or teaching the youth to shoot? This is my point instead of pointing fingers saying you need to do this! We all here should be providing the right ideas so people can have some help deciding how they can become involved.

well said brother

"If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"

We are playing a losing hand unless we toss a few cards and take a few new ones. I don't know what those cards are and the few things I can think of will take years to play out and by then we will have lost our rights to defend ourselves. I'm frustrated. The Oregon GOP is like a man who is happy to have his wife back after her boyfriend drops her off at 3 AM. It's been well established that they are content with their ever smaller piece of the pie and don't want to make waves standing up for gun owners.

@DuneHopper is correct that writing campaigns, especially pre written letters, are ignored unless they help the politician's agenda. I can say that we have a serious image problem that we need to overcome and that we will get no help from the media.

The suggestion earlier for toy drives is a good one, one that every club and organization like NWFA should be doing as well as other outreach programs. We need to push safety programs so we are known as responsible citizens and not "gun nuts". We have been dehumanized and caricatured - we need to fix that, adn we need to do it now.

The younger generations like the millennials, while having been brainwashed where it comes to firearms, also have issues with authorities. That's an opening for us. These are people who should be receptive to a Republic with minimum government (people telling them what to do). We need them to understand that the bigger the government the more they will be told what to do and how to do it. A political shift like this will prepare them to understand the importance of the BoR and how it prevents losing the freedom of a citizen to become a subject of the state.

We need to examine how the left is winning and then use their strategies and tactics against them. We can do to them what they have done to us.

Thanks and I agree that we should never violate our own principals.
If you examine the bullet points, there are some tactics that we are using successfully, boycots, ridicule. Boycots are voting with your check book. Trump used ridicule very successfully during his campaign. Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, etc.

If you examine the bullet points, there are some tactics that we are using successfully, boycots, ridicule. Boycots are voting with your check book. Trump used ridicule very successfully during his campaign. Lying Ted, Crooked Hillary, etc.
But but when Gator uses ridicule against the Democrats & their enablers its time to take out the Safe Queen Banhammer or run to the Ignore feature ...:eek:o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top