JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not that rare in general I guess, but I've got a Winchester 1895 in 30.03 that was manufactured in 1912. Has been in the family its entire life.

Very nice! I passed on one of these for $350 the day I bought my Old Model Blackhawk about 15 years ago. Wish I'd snapped it up then. Oh well...

I shot a revolver my dad had just to test it for a friend.
It looked like a brick with a cylinder on it. Don't know what kind it was.

My wife's dad found a WW2 german pilots pistol in his attic that was abandoned by the previous owner who past away.

Not that rare in general I guess, but I've got a Winchester 1895 in 30.03 that was manufactured in 1912. Has been in the family its entire life.

You might want to double check the DOM of your Model 1895 from what I read the .30-03 chambering was first available in 1905 and dropped in 1908 when the 30-06 chambering came to Market. A number of the more easily found serial number charts for the early Winchesters are off by as much as 3 years.

They are as you say quite rare.

There is a new book being put together right now that will become the Bible of collecting model 1895s

Mine is a DOM 1905 Deluxe Rifle (28" rd barrel) with no checkering A++ Walnut with ebony tip, in 30-40 Krag and a Lyman 21 receiver peep sight. My dad bought at the old Albany Gun Show in 1968.

this rifle:

wtf20070625ace.jpg

that is the actual photo - someone took a photo I posted to a forum and put their stamp on it.

AWC G2A - a bullpup M1A with a 1" SS Krieger barrel that was tensioned by a "bridge".

These had an interesting history, but not many were made.

I sold mine to an FFL dealer in AZ

Cool, but looks like half of it is missing :)

I once owned a Nepalese Snider Enfield chambered in .577 Snider. An interesting piece that I made my own cartridges for by cutting down 24g plastic shot sheels and loading with .60 caliber lead balls. There are some neat Youtube videos of these unique rifes.

Keith

The 1895 Winchesters are neat, especially the straight pull.
The Type 94 Nambu wins extra points for ugly.
The Frommer Stop is high on the unnecessary complexity list.
The 1941 Johnson rifle is ugly but interesting.
The list is almost endless :)

But if you need to knock out a tank, the cost is the least of your problems.

Only if you are shooting at a really old tank with light armor (i.e., less than one inch plate). Even by the end of WWII it was considered to be obsolete against most tanks (especially German tanks).

A .50 BMG with Raufoss ammo will approach the effectiveness of a 20mm round for light armor and .50 BMG rifles are easier to come by (not a "destructive device") and much lighter and handier.

J.C Higgins Model 88 6" barrel. Great little .22 revolver and pretty dang accurate too!

German Luger 7.65x21 mm. Next time I'm at my Dad's I need to get the numbers off of it and see what it really is and when it was made. According to family history it was taken off a Nazi by my great grandfather. It is kept in his issued US Army holster. I'll see if I can get some pics next time I'm up there.

Friend of mine has an old mauser that has a rifled 16 ga.bull barrel that is like 36" long on it.It was used in Germany to play a shooting game where the contestants shot at a large wooden eagle atop a tall pole.

Some Solothurn's were actually modified to shoot the 20 x 138B mm caliber wich was compatible with the german 2cm Flak 30/38...instead of the 100mm length. Only draw back is you cannot use the magazine any longer, as the 138 has made it into a single shot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top