JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering, how's the new background check law working out for you guys?

It sure is an inconsistent PITA for me!

Not that I have any problem passing a BGC, but setting up a time to meet at the FFL, going out of the way, then throwing $25-40 away really sucks.

End rant.

I'll be honest it has stopped my gun buying as of late. I have a couple guns I should have sold or traded when I could have, but I screwed around too long. No harm in keeping them. ;)

All it did was stop me from buying and selling. My local shop wants $40 to do the transfer. No thanks. I've got my collection where I want it anyway.

You were one of those 65 people in the state following the law?

Y3ZIIUv.png

When I went to the last expo gun show, security had a blue form from state police they gave me in case I made a FTF sale with a non-FFL, I thought the transaction had to go through a FFL, but they said both parties fill out the blue form, call into OSP and pay $10 with CC. I didnt sell my rifle, so didnt try to use it. Havent had time to look into it more. Has anyone seen this form? Is this info true? I appreciate Sheriffs who dont waste time with this nonsense.

Eventhough I've never sold a firearm to, or purchased a firearm from a private party (941 has no direct effect upon me), I still think the law is Bull Pucky, and I will help overturn the law in any legal way I can.

Individualist's delima: Being retired military; without "roots" in this area (liberal enclave)...I am left with the one option of using brick and mortar dealers...even-then, I choose carefully.

I have a friend who went on vacation and gave her guns to a friend to safe guard while she was gone. She was shocked when I told her she broke the law doing so without spending money at a dealer for a back ground check, and that she would have to do the same to get them back. She had no idea such a law existed, and I bet a lot of Oregonians don't either.

g. I. Joe ----The blue form has been used for years mostly at gun shows when a private party rents a table to sell guns, they can do a legal transfer for $10. It also proves to the buyer that the gun is not stolen.

There is a gun shop in Salem that transfers for $10-- Tick Licker Firearms
In Dallas American Outdoor. Same price

$10 at Tick Licker? Wow. I saw some really good prices on a couple in their shop I would like and I was afraid to ask whether they made up for it in the transfer. I think I need to go shopping.

Had a decent price on M1 Garand ammo, too.

I have a friend who went on vacation and gave her guns to a friend to safe guard while she was gone. She was shocked when I told her she broke the law doing so without spending money at a dealer for a back ground check, and that she would have to do the same to get them back. She had no idea such a law existed, and I bet a lot of Oregonians don't either.

Yes and these were the idiots that voted for it. Pathetic.

Linn county sheriff said they won't enforce it. If the gun in question was bought through an FFL before 8/9/2015......I won't put it in the system.

That is if I would sell/buy a gun, but I would never do that. Who needs a gun when I can buy a pumpkin spice latte?

It had the desired effect that the liberals wanted. Inconvenience the law abiding and have exactly zero effect on gun crime all while giving them a warm feeling inside that they "did something."

:s0125:

Running in a circle while your house is on fire is technically "doing something" but as to its effectiveness in extinguishing the flames well....

At least you feel good right?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR