JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I called two TV stations in Eugene today, complaining about the coverage that they are giving these "children" on the gun issue. Most of them are clueless dolts and spreaders of a false narrative. They should be told to stay on campus or be suspended!
Taxpayers work all week and provide schools for our children to learn. The children skip school to protest an issue they know little or nothing about. The media is complicit in those lies and false narrative!
It's time we all visit our local radio and TV stations and complain and make our voices heard.

I called two TV stations in Eugene today, complaining about the coverage that they are giving these "children" on the gun issue. Most of them are clueless dolts and spreaders of a false narrative. They should be told to stay on campus or be suspended!
Taxpayers work all week and provide schools for our children to learn. The children skip school to protest an issue they know little or nothing about. The media is complicit in those lies and false narrative!
It's time we all visit our local radio and TV stations and complain and make our voices heard.

Why don't we bring the rally to them if they won't come to us?

I called two TV stations in Eugene today, complaining about the coverage that they are giving these "children" on the gun issue. \

The question that the news media is afraid to ponder, is this: Why do all of these kids believe that they are in dire danger of being murdered with guns at their school??

After all, how much has the news media themselves contributed to today's climate of hysteria??

A4_Editorial-900x608.jpg

1334892_210274-parkland-guns-0ad466-1024x682.jpg

636548938620620143-GTY-922441420.jpg

The question that the news media is afraid to ponder, is this: Why do all of these kids believe that they are in dire danger of being murdered with guns at their school??

After all, how much has the news media themselves contributed to today's climate of hysteria??

View attachment 452791

View attachment 452792

View attachment 452793

Perhaps we don't need those same 18th century rules that allow them to rally together...

They need to be very careful of what they ask for, they might just get the surprise of their sheltered life...

We need to get creative and really think outside of the box. It also wouldn't hurt if we could get some of the companies in the gun industry to funds some of this. They have gotten rich off of us and are continuing to do so. Where the hell are they? If they won't speak up or help organize they could at least provide some money and guidance. Rich SOBs!

Last Edited:
We need to get creative and really think outside of the box. It also wouldn't hurt if we could get some of the companies in the gun industry to funds some of this. They have gotten rich off of us and are continuing to do so. Where the hell are they? If they won't speak up or help organize they could at least provide some money and guidance. Rich SOBs!
Good idea too.

I contacted my local, weekly paper here in Roseburg, The Beacon, and they invited me to send in anything I could remember from the Salem protest on Saturday....plus any photos. I have all of that and it will go in tonight, for the Friday printing.

First, lets not blame the kids. The fact of the matter is that they are scared and scared people do dumb things.

"Why do all of these kids believe that they are in dire danger of being murdered with guns at their school??"

Remember Kip Kinkel? 1998 was the first time Oregon was hit with this:

Thurston High School shooting - Wikipedia

Or Chris Harper-Mercer? That was just in 2015:

Umpqua Community College shooting - Wikipedia

Jacob Tyler Roberts showed it didn't even have to be limited to schools:

Clackamas Town Center shooting - Wikipedia

So you can't tell these kids "oh, it doesn't happen here" because it clearly DOES happen here.

The problem then becomes what do we do about it? IP 43 isn't the answer, it's just wrong on so many different levels.

Kip Kinkel was clearly nuts (hearing voices from the age of 12) and his parents indulged him by buying guns. Same for Chris Harper-Mercer who was even kicked out of basic training for a suicide attempt.

But what do you do? There's no law that says people who are mentally ill can't own guns or that households with mentally ill people living in them can't have guns. Do you revoke the right to own a gun because a family member or room-mate is seeking treatment for mental illness? Way to get people to, you know, NOT seek treatment...

That also wouldn't have stopped the Clackamas Town Center shooter who stole an AR-15 from a buddy who kept it unsecured in a closet. So what do you do here? Ban anyone from owning a gun because their friend is mentally ill? How many degrees of separation do you go down? Do Facebook friends count?

This is a really complicated issue and we need to sit down and have a serious discussion about what we will allow as a society, but telling kids they can't be scared or aren't really scared isn't going to help things.

This is a really complicated issue and we need to sit down and have a serious discussion about what we will allow as a society, but telling kids they can't be scared or aren't really scared isn't going to help things.

The main stream media has done a pretty good job of making the school kids fear attacks at schools? Perhaps you could contact the media and have them put some actual statistics on of various dangers we all face every day on the evening news? You know, put some context into the equation? I would say teens have a far higher percentage of dying in a car accident when the driver is texting while driving, as one example.

The main stream media has done a pretty good job of making the school kids fear attacks at schools? Perhaps you could contact the media and have them put some actual statistics on of various dangers we all face every day on the evening news? You know, put some context into the equation? I would say teens have a far higher percentage of dying in a car accident when the driver is texting while driving, as one example.

I agree.

New CDC studies that were suppressed have come out showing defensive gun use is over 1 million occurrences per year, this was in 1997 and 1998.

Let's get that on the news.

First, lets not blame the kids. The fact of the matter is that they are scared and scared people do dumb things.

"Why do all of these kids believe that they are in dire danger of being murdered with guns at their school??"

Remember Kip Kinkel? 1998 was the first time Oregon was hit with this:

Thurston High School shooting - Wikipedia

Or Chris Harper-Mercer? That was just in 2015:

Umpqua Community College shooting - Wikipedia

Jacob Tyler Roberts showed it didn't even have to be limited to schools:

Clackamas Town Center shooting - Wikipedia

So you can't tell these kids "oh, it doesn't happen here" because it clearly DOES happen here.

The problem then becomes what do we do about it? IP 43 isn't the answer, it's just wrong on so many different levels.

Kip Kinkel was clearly nuts (hearing voices from the age of 12) and his parents indulged him by buying guns. Same for Chris Harper-Mercer who was even kicked out of basic training for a suicide attempt.

But what do you do? There's no law that says people who are mentally ill can't own guns or that households with mentally ill people living in them can't have guns. Do you revoke the right to own a gun because a family member or room-mate is seeking treatment for mental illness? Way to get people to, you know, NOT seek treatment...

That also wouldn't have stopped the Clackamas Town Center shooter who stole an AR-15 from a buddy who kept it unsecured in a closet. So what do you do here? Ban anyone from owning a gun because their friend is mentally ill? How many degrees of separation do you go down? Do Facebook friends count?

Thing is I don't wanna become zumbo over this but I really think people need a secure place to keep their
guns. I normally ever only have two guns outside the safe at anytime & those are in my pockets--makes it
easy to keep track of them, the rest of my arsenal are
kept locked up in my safes

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews