JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The real horror is idiots who would sharpen a knife worth a damn on an electric wheel.

No loss, the kind of non-self suffficient folks that can't even figure out a waterstone can pay someone else to burn the temper out of their steel and probably doesn't have a knife worth a damn in the first place.

FWIW - I note the BubbleGum filter is now * and that the URL still works. But blocking words that contain the parts of other words is not good practice.

Lets Try One --> Assume <--

FWIW - I note the BubbleGum filter is now * and that the URL still works. But blocking words that contain the parts of other words is not good practice.

Lets Try One --> Assume <--

I really like this forum and I totally respect the right of its owner to establish whatever rules he wants for it. However....the extent to which the language filter goes to block out certain words is completely ridiculous and overboard. We make fun of liberals for being scared of guns and creating silly, feel-good laws to "protect" society from guns, yet the same "nanny-state" mentality can be seen on this forum when the language filter censors out the name of the 7th planet in our solar system just because it contains a synonym for the word "butt". We are all adults here, its too bad we have to get treated like children.

Perhaps the problem is more Brooklyn than Whole Foods.. Remember Whole Foods originates in Texas.. Not the most anti-gun of all states, although not the friendliest, but it does have a reputation of being a place where gun ownership is respected (Texas, that is).

New Yorkers as a whole are ninnies and think any type of object that can cause bodily harm should be regulated and controlled by the authoritarian machine and its highly, trained and efficient NYPD.

Last Edited:
Speaking of ninnies, I was strolling through IKEA Friday evening (yes... With my CCW, and (go figure) it NEVER threatened a single soul) and was walking through the kitchenware section to find a whole wall of "progressive/English" approved kitchen knives.... As in rounded points!

Just think, one of those knives could have saved that Brithish soldier's life that was killed in the street right outside his barracks while everyone else stood by and watched. (FYI- for you clueless ones, that was sarcasm)

HOLY FECAL MATTER ON A PLATTER!!

The real horror is idiots who would sharpen a knife worth a damn on an electric wheel.

No loss, the kind of non-self suffficient folks that can't even figure out a waterstone can pay someone else to burn the temper out of their steel and probably doesn't have a knife worth a damn in the first place.
I'm no sharpening expert and I do agree with you on the use of stone (I like hand sharpening myself), but I'm wondering if you read the article or watched the attached video. They are using a Tormek T-7. Not a bad way to sharpen everyday knives.

For sure.

I was generalizing. There are professionals who know how to use specialized motorized wheels to do sharpening, usually at the industrial level for restaurants.

Your average whole paycheck shopper either doesn't have knives worth sharpening in the first place, or has knives nice enough to learn to sharpen correctly at home on a real water stone.

I'm just a knife and sharpening snob. I've taken great pride in my sharpening abilities since my father taught me how to use proper water stones as a kid. I can make your knife cut a strand of your hair, with the grain, slicing layers off -- by hand. I'm not especially unique, there are plenty of people who can do the same, but they often end up cheating and buying one of those guided "wicked edge" systems.

For sure.

I was generalizing. There are professionals who know how to use specialized motorized wheels to do sharpening, usually at the industrial level for restaurants.

Your average whole paycheck shopper either doesn't have knives worth sharpening in the first place, or has knives nice enough to learn to sharpen correctly at home on a real water stone.

I'm just a knife and sharpening snob. I've taken great pride in my sharpening abilities since my father taught me how to use proper water stones as a kid. I can make your knife cut a strand of your hair, with the grain, slicing layers off -- by hand. I'm not especially unique, there are plenty of people who can do the same, but they often end up cheating and buying one of those guided "wicked edge" systems.

Just about all the stuff I see advertised for sharping knives are junk, I use a very, very fine oil stone and razor strop. Filet knife is razor strop touched up only. Gettim sharp and they are easy to keep sharp.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top