JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mass Shootings: Citizen Heroes Save Lives | National Review

Where possible, I would of course prefer conceal carry, armed officers, secured buildings, etc., but for otherwise helpless victims, what do you think of the idea proposed in the article?

I think I've seen martial arts-type mass-shooter courses offered where participants are taught how to stop the attacker by fighting back. Seems like one possible good solution to me.

Fight back against someone trying to do you harm? This is a NEW idea?

I understand the point of the article, but there are people who just have it in them to fight. Others want someone else to do the fighting for them.

Fight back against someone trying to do you harm? This is a NEW idea?
I think the "new" (if you want to call it that) idea is:

... courageous resistance becomes the norm – and that killers will start to understand that they'll have to instantly battle one or more raging, charging men before they can complete their terrible, deadly work.

Just like after 9/11:

... it's inconceivable that passengers would stand by and simply allow a hijacker to seize control of an airplane.

Not a revelation, just food for thought.

Mass Shootings: Citizen Heroes Save Lives | National Review

Where possible, I would of course prefer conceal carry, armed officers, secured buildings, etc., but for otherwise helpless victims, what do you think of the idea proposed in the article?

I think I've seen martial arts-type mass-shooter courses offered where participants are taught how to stop the attacker by fighting back. Seems like one possible good solution to me.

Sure sounds like too much toxic masculinity to me. Can't have brave couragous men in our communities. Dump more soy in the food.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top