JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Gorge Orwell's 1984 comes to mind...

I find myself thinking that very thing more frequently than I'd like. And, if I'm not thinking that, I'm probably expecting Rod Serling to pop around a corner with a cigarette in his hand saying "Witness if you will...".
:confused::confused::confused:

Last Edited:
The MGM settlement acknowledges that in physical spaces, individuals or businesses that fail to "take care" that their products, services or premises are not used to commit wrongdoing can be held accountable for that failure. It is no less important that this duty to take care be honored in virtual spaces.

– New York Times Editorial Board in Our Collective Responsibility for Mass Shootings

The MGM settlement is exactly that - a settlement. Its reach goes no further than when the last dollar leaves MGM's electronic hands. It has no affect on any future action.

Also, Mr. NYT, it appears that MGM settled because their premises was used in a mass murder. Are they responsible for a single murder by strangulation in a room? A suicide out the balcony? What about if the room service steak knife is the murder weapon? If you are still blaming MGM as responsible...you've got issues.

And how far should we take it, oh wise NYT? Should we not only hold responsible the MGM for the location but also the maker of the steak knife actually used to commit the murder? What about the Pro-Vegan FB page where the killer left his manifesto, stating that humans are worse than cows? Should we extend responsibility to the cattle industry, such that it enraged our murderer to the point of action?

Idiot.

I don't understand the person that is going to lie blame for an individuals actions anywhere but the individual. But, I guess that's what you get from nihilistic fatalistic asshats.

Gorge Orwell's 1984 comes to mind...

None of that now... Gulag for you! You need re-education!!!!!

It's always about control with the left. Too bad they can only think about controlling law abiding citizens and never the bad people.

I'm standing in my living room giving a slow-clap standing ovation. I'd post about it but sarcasm and humor are frequently misread via 1s and 0s. Don't want to get myself in trouble with the joke censors again.

I think we should just finally admit it.
Everything that is wrong with this world, every bad thing
that happens is the fault of the law abiding citizen, the victim,
law enforcement and everyone under 3 years old.
If it weren't for those four groups it would be perfect world.
Well, except for those snowflakes and liberals who are blaming everyone
except themselves for this mess and acting just like those 3 year olds.
I used to be upset that I was getting old.
Now I'm glad.
I won't have to listen to these "out of their friggin' minds" whiners for much longer.
Best of all; they will have to live in the world they have created.

It's always about control with the left. Too bad they can only think about controlling law abiding citizens and never the bad people.

I think its fair to say the left and right both have their authoritarians it's just that at the present moment, it's just that at present, the authoritarianism pendulum has taken a leftward swing. All authoritarianism is inherently evil.

I think we should just finally admit it.
Everything that is wrong with this world, every bad thing
that happens is the fault of the law abiding citizen, the victim,
law enforcement and everyone under 3 years old.
If it weren't for those four groups it would be perfect world.
Well, except for those snowflakes and liberals who are blaming everyone
except themselves for this mess and acting just like those 3 year olds.
I used to be upset that I was getting old.
Now I'm glad.
I won't have to listen to these "out of their friggin' minds" whiners for much longer.
Best of all; they will have to live in the world they have created.

:s0136: WRIGHT IS WRONG & WRONG IS WRIGHT :s0136:

Online speech has been monitored and policed for quite sometime. Monitored forever, even back before the commercial internet as we regular citizens experienced it. It's more noticeable now IMO because of the numbers involved and because the monitors and policers now estimate they have enough power and control to become more bold in their acts.
While the bots and algorithms may notice, there's so much noise now that particular parts of it dropping out won't be noticed by the average human. I refer to it as the calm before the storm. History is replete with pre-internet incidents of similar. One productive hack is to keep the noise level up so they won't notice the dropouts that moved to alternative com methods.
The next step will be de-hosting. Example:

How amenable is a Finnish company to the goals of the prog? Policing online speech? It could be our speech next. Web site poof gone for 'reaons'. Upcloud is NWF's host.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top