JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Given the choice.... pick any two.

• S&W Classic Model 29 44 Mag 6.5' in blue

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • S&W Classic Model 36 38SP 1.87' in blue

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Lee Enfield MKIII .303 British

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Lee Enfield No.4 MK1 .303 British

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Semi auto 12ga Options?

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
image.jpg I don't know much about shotguns either. Had to use YouTube to help me out. I bought three of these last year for $274.99 each. Just have always wanted a shot gun for the armoire cabinet. For this price I gambled. Just shot it for first time with my retired boss on his property in Idaho. He is a gun afficianado and was extremely impressed. Put 45 rounds thru it rather quickly and barrel didn't even smoke. I gave the other 2 to my brothers for their birthdays. It is a linberta and they accommodate Benelli parts.

I'd love any one of these firearms, though i'm baulking a little at the price of the Model 29 Classic :(

I've been given the go ahead to get a new gun :) But i gotta choose, these are the things currently on my wish-list.

Problem of the Lee's is availability.

Problem with the Shotgun is knowing which one for a reasonable price, it'd only be occasional use so i had a semi to go with the double and pump i already have.

Problem with the Model 29 is the price is possibly a real problem.

Problem with the Model 36 is i don't know if i'll feel i'm getting as much for the money.

The .303s would be cool, but ammo would be a pain.
Same with the .44mag.

Personally I was looking at the Mossberg 930 for a semi auto 12ga.
You can get an 5-10 shot tube, I like the JM series.

But for a 12ga really depends on what your using it for, or what you want your options to be.
If you want it for HD or hunting? Makes a big difference.

No problem with the ammo side, BiMart sells both rounds (as do Cabellas) for reasonable money, i don't get to shoot all my stuff as much as i want either.

I do like that semi, now that you mention it, i saw the JM series and liked it.
Honestly, the reason i want it? because i don't have a semi 12ga.... (it's that lame) - I only shoot clays with my shotties.

yeh but .303 ammo is expensive unless mail order import brands . Bi mart just carries either federal or remington at $35 a box which is twice as much than what they charge for .308 or 30.06 which out perform the .303.

Never been a Fan of Semi Auto ShotGuns, If it were not for the 3 round limit in the gun for hunting, then I might consider one (Super Black Eagle II, OR Winchester SX3), and for H.D. I would prefer a pump with extended mag tube! For a good H.D. auto, Hard to beat an M-2. For your other choices, it's all up to you, all are good! Me, I would take the Mod 29 in .44 mag, or I would take an Enfield. All depends on what YOU like and want!

I like/want them all!!! Life direction right now for the next while means that i can only choose one now.

I'd go for a 2" Smith in .38 Special...

And a Remington 11-87 in 12 gauge... Just because the 11-87 is smooth...

Just my choice today...

Could as well be a 1911 and a Coach sized SxS...

Edited to correct my autocorrection mispelling

Last Edited:
Mot thought about the 11-87, but yeah, the 38sp model 36 is there :)

The Enfield in 30.06 sounds interesting, are you selling or something, i don't know much about those.

My preferred types were not on the poll, hence the two brit guns.

M1 Garand, 1903 or A3, Winchester 1897 12 ga., 1911 or A1 without mods.

Got.
Got.
Would like but over priced.
Got.

Whilst not a 'classic' version of the 1911, i'm not really that interested in another one :}

You can find 1897 Winchesters all day long sub $300 and that is for the Take Down versions! I discovered these a few years ago, and cant get enough of them!!! Seriously awesome shotguns, more then able to stand up to serious abuse, and a little lighter then a Standard Rem 870 or Mossy 500 series!
The Enfields are down here at my local G.S. and I can get a price and shipping info for ya if you are interested! At last look, he had 18 of them, and all were hand picked from several crates to insure good boars and actions! Some of the stocks have been replaced, but all have the correct Lend Lease markings!

Good boars are safer.
wild-boar-festival.jpe

Where are you, or, where is/what is your local GS? I'm curious what's available, might have @Velzey check stuff out if it's near him.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top