The good thing about snowstorms

Certaindeaf

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
What empty brass? lol
I had quite a few empties for various calibers and had also been meaning to see how low I can actually go for reliable cycling on 9mm target loads (Lee 105 SWC) so made ten batches of ten starting pretty dang low to try in a Glock and Hi-Power.
I also cast and lubed about sixty pounds of those 105's.
Did anyone else make good use of the snowstorm?

Mikej

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
I have limited space, so already have plenty of brass at hand ready to prime and load. Have plenty of ammo ready to shoot. I sat around trying not to eat, watching TV and keeping the fire and birds fed.

To answer your question, no.

OP
Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
I have limited space, so already have plenty of brass at hand ready to prime and load. Have plenty of ammo ready to shoot. I sat around trying not to eat, watching TV and keeping the fire and birds fed.

To answer your question, no.
Yea, I had a movie fest, fed and watered the birds and ate way too much, particularly Saturday.. movie day.

Reactions
I have an accumulation of brass, but a shortage of powder and projectiles. The snowstorm provided a fine reason to process brass for my varmint rifles. I can't watch network television; it's bubblegum for the mind, so it's a fine opportunity to resize cases and weigh powder charges. I'm fairly well prepared for the next few visits to the range!

OP
Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
Very good.
Hey, I was going to start another thread but didn't really want to..
what do you guys listen to while reloading? My favorite are Hickok45 podcasts or radio shows but he doesn't make them fast enough and I don't really want to go way back and listen to old old ones. I generally load about 2-300 a week and then there's the general fussing about and stuff too.

OP
Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
Remember when that ohsu tram went up? People under it protested but were assured that their privacy would remain the same and their property values would not go down.
When it became operational, one guy under it displayed a huge FU sign on his roof in protest for quite a while.. proving that indeed his privacy had been degraded (how else could his sign be seen?).
anyway

Reactions
I did not care to go out much during the cold snap and the snowstorm here so I loaded up a lot of firewood in the house when I saw it coming and went to the grocery store....After that I did almost nothing but load ammo until my boxes were full and after that, my trays were overflowing.
Since I have about 45 more ammo boxes than I really need and also since Lapua brass now comes with a loading tray built into the lid, and I keep all those, I now have loaded about a half ton of ammo, which I will try to shoot up as fast as I can and leave the rest in my will...............

While I was doing all that I was listening to Gilbert and Sullivan recordings since the snow covered my satellite dish and ruined the reception. The only problem with that is that I now have "Three Little Maids from School" stuck in my head and it WILL NOT GO AWAY!!!!!!!

Reactions
Just rain and day off for this govt. worker so I processed brass and made charts for all the calibers I reload for. It will be easier than thumbing through notes or manuals.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    1911 guru!
    Tim Copeland rebuilt and refreshed an old Colt 1911 Gold Cup for me that needed all new springs, new extractor & replaced a loose ejector. Found...
    • Knute
  • 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
Top Bottom