JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was out testing some 9 mm that I loaded up a couple weeks ago. This guy shows up with his 9-year-old kid to teach him how to shoot. So I watch them do their thing it was kind of a heartwarming father and son moment you know. They had one of those single shot bolt action 22s. I asked the guy if he wanted to let his son shoot my 9 mm carbine and he agreed and the kid was like lights out with it haha. So his Dad goes in his pickup and comes out and hands me a box of 50 .22 rounds. I thought that was mighty nice of him. He didn't have to do that. Check out the price on the rounds 😆

20230314_104859.jpg

I still have a lot of Federal 550rd bulk pack that was $8.88/box.

People use to make fun of me for throwing 1-2 in the grocery cart every week back in the mid-'90's.

I still have a lot of Federal 550rd bulk pack that was $8.88/box.

People use to make fun of me for throwing 1-2 in the grocery cart every week back in the mid-'90's.
I remember getting bricks of Vipers and yellow jackets for $10 a brick when they'd go on sale!

I remember those summer days as a kid out of school. Couple of us would take our 22s out to the Willamette River and hunt frogs. There was a time kids could run around free range and play without parents around.

I bought my single shot Winchester bolt action 22 for $10 with my bean picking money. 22lr was 50 cents a box and lasted all day.

I remember those summer days as a kid out of school. Couple of us would take our 22s out to the Willamette River and hunt frogs. There was a time kids could run around free range and play without parents around.

I bought my single shot Winchester bolt action 22 for $10 with my bean picking money. 22lr was 50 cents a box and lasted all day.
And none of us shot up a school. Aloha High School used to have a rifle range in the basement. All of the metro schools competed against each other in NRA small bore. It's a crying shame kids don't have that opportunity anymore. It taught you about dignity and honor and safety and trying your best.

My father in law said when he was a kid in Oregon his dad would give him the single shot 12 and send him out to hunt birds for dinner. He would stop by the store and buy three shells for a nickle.

As a youth I mowed through thousands of rounds of 22lr that came in boxes just like that. My old man worked for a wholesale sporting good supplier out of Seattle in the early 70's and he would bring me a stash almost weekly to feed my habit. My weapon of choice was my pop's win 69a with peeps. I still have that rifle.

Ya. My grampa used to work my bubblegum off on the farm with beef cows all day and at about 2:00 he would hand me the old Stevens 16 gauge and one shell and tell me to go shoot a gopher and warn me not to miss haha. That's what I got paid 😆

I can remember those old CCI 100 rounders for $0.99. They came in a clear, orange box with a sliding top that was useless. I'd take my old Winchester single shot, fill up an old sock with ammo, put it the pocket of my Levi's and go out into the woods for the day. That was back when I was told to be home before the street light came on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top