JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't click but "rape cages" are a "thing" in SA domiciles for some time now.
I think here we might call them "anti-rape cages".
but whatever

Can I ask this here?

How were things in South Africa with the old government? All aspects. Social. Cultural. Economic. Political.

Now compare that time with the present government of South Africa. Direct comparisons.

Just asking.

A lot comes to mind - I lived in Jo'berg in '84-85. The video doesn't look much different than typical scenes of urban housing and businesses back then. I'm sure there's been an increase in the level of security, but all houses had stone fences with broken glass on top, iron bars on most windows and doors. Things were changing that year insofar as social and cultural interactions, but there's been a strong criminal undercurrent in the cites for quite a while.

Still, loved the country and many of its people. Can't shake it - the dog in my avatar is South African.

A lot comes to mind - I lived in Jo'berg in '84-85. The video doesn't look much different than typical scenes of urban housing and businesses back then. I'm sure there's been an increase in the level of security, but all houses had stone fences with broken glass on top, iron bars on most windows and doors. Things were changing that year insofar as social and cultural interactions, but there's been a strong criminal undercurrent in the cites for quite a while.

Still, loved the country and many of its people. Can't shake it - the dog in my avatar is South African.
But why with the hate, man!

just kidding

Kind of a surreal contrast that we have prison guards here (God bless em') that go to jail everyday for work. But in S.Africa they come home to jail and a total lock down. Madness.

Been through BWI airport and Andrews-AFB many, many times coming and going from Ft. Meade/NSA back in the 80's... flew over and around Baltimore in an Army CH-47 Chinook once, but never had the time to actually go into the city and get me a heaping plate of them steamed blue-crabs, freshly harvested from the bay.
Well, if I give a pass to MD it's on their effing crab houses. Walk into a crab house, sit down at a large cafeteria style table. There's a hole in the middle to throw the shells from the blue claws. Waitress comes up, yanks a length of brown paper from a huge roll at the end and covers your table. One item on the menu, all you can eat blue claw crab. Then they start bringing large bowls of freshly steamed crabs. Just as fast as you can eat them, the new bowls keep coming. It is good. For that reason alone I would spare MD from its well deserved doom. Trust me, we have nothing like it in the PNW. And while I'm on the subject, Atlantic flounder beats the effing cr@ap out of Pacific flounder. How did we ever screw up Pacific flounder? Radiation? That could only improve it.

Well, if I give a pass to MD it's on their effing crab houses. Walk into a crab house, sit down at a large cafeteria style table. There's a hole in the middle to throw the shells from the blue claws. Waitress comes up, yanks a length of brown paper from a huge roll at the end and covers your table. One item on the menu, all you can eat blue claw crab. Then they start bringing large bowls of freshly steamed crabs. Just as fast as you can eat them, the new bowls keep coming. It is good. For that reason alone I would spare MD from its well deserved doom. Trust me, we have nothing like it in the PNW. And while I'm on the subject, Atlantic flounder beats the effing cr@ap out of Pacific flounder. How did we ever screw up Pacific flounder? Radiation? That could only improve it.

I'm sure our Pacific flounders aren't as good because of inbreeding... both of their eyes are on one side of their heads! :eek:

:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR