JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just saw my post from 2016. In those three years my wife has evolved from her position and has a much more positive stance on guns. While she has shot from time to time she is toying with the idea of carrying while hiking.

The only good reason to resurrect this thread is to find out if the guy's wife stabbed him in the eye with a fork when she found out what he had done!!! :p :D

Oops, I didn't realize this was a necro-thread. Oh well, I will leave it:

"Am I wrong?"

Yes and no.

Your analysis is about right, although I would add to it that a gun is a form of insurance, but most of all it is for peace of mind. 99% of guns are not actually used for anything other than sport and peace of mind - no, not even for defense. But they are all *available* for defense. It's like buying a shovel that is never used to dig a hole. Even if it is never used to dig, it still is available for that purpose.

I tend not to try to steer people too strongly, when I think about it. It's hard to go wrong with any gun purchase, and if a person wants X, why not let him go for it? At worst he will end up with a safe queen. Guns can be traded out after all.

One thing I would say is that it is a man's job to defend family, and a wife has no say in that, other than expressing reasonable concern for safety. There are probably few things that should not be negotiated in a marriage; but family defense is not negotiable.

Someone who has thought things through to this point is starting to question "the narrative". Be sure not to discourage him in this respect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top