JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's killing Oregonians?

According to various Websites with the most recent data, the gun death rate in 2010 in Oregon was 12 per 100,000.

For the same year, the alcohol abuse death rate was 36 per 100,000.

Data from Oregon public health indicate the alcohol death rate has increased to 40 per 100,000 in 2014. Couldn't find comparable data for gun deaths.

It appears time to reinstate Prohibition in Oregon.

Sample links:

Gun deaths

Alcohol deaths

It's funny that they want to apply what is basically the prohibition mentality with respect to gun laws, when everyone knows prohibition DIDN'T WORK. So, if people will drink, regardless of the law, it should carry then that people will own guns, regardless of the law.

Heck, even in anti-gun Australia, there are still plenty of folks that have not complied.

In the US on average, 30 people a day die from drunk drivers.
That's 10,950 folks killed by alcohol alone.

Last Edited:
The bigger elephant in the room: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/

When they say they want to save lives, that gun deaths are a serious problem, you can easily show they don't care about lives by sharing this fact from the CDC (Obama's government folks):

In America alone, 480,000 people die each year from smoking, including 42,000 from secondhand smoke. That is 1,300 people dead EVERY DAY IN AMERICA from smoking. Something they could outlaw, if they wanted, but that would be political suicide because of the millions of people that make their living from producing and selling tobacco products.

BTW, smoking kills 6,000,000 people worldwide every year!!!

They do not care about saving lives. They care about control.

I share this number with every single person that will listen. You have the link for yourself now. Use it. Make people see that saving lives is not what they want. Guns are not the issue. It is about control.

....So, if people will drink, regardless of the law, it should carry then that people will own guns, regardless of the law....
This is already fact. Laws only effect (or is it affect) those who obey them. It seems our illustrious morally vapid leaders are hell bent on pressing everyone to the point that everyone is lawless.

That must be a lot of suicides, because Oregon's gun-murder rate is 0.9 per 100K
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state
That would be whittled down considerably if you subtracted bad guy shooting bad guy or domestic gun murders that would happen with a blunt object if a gun wasn't handy.

We all know what this is about. The bleeding hearts are letting the inmates run the asylum and people are getting killed by some of them.

From the mentally ill homeless drug addicts walking our streets to the kid in School that acts a little too strange but everyone is too PC to talk about it. Then he grows up and tries Dating and thinks everyone else is the problem.
Then you got the Mom who decides to help the same frustrated angry young Man with his new gun hobby???

Tolerance is fine but things have gone too far. If anyone speaks up anymore the Progs label them a Bigot!

Nobody want's to go back to the days of straight jackets and lobotomies or the village idiot who is bullied and teased just to be kept in his place, but why not a little extra scrutiny when someone has these problems and wants to buy a gun at least?

Why wasn't he picked up on the BG check, he had a friggin history! Is it because the BG check isn't about stopping deranged people but all about registration?

Sadly, the facts often mean nothing to opportunist professional politicians who base their careers upon some predictably gullible segment of the population keeping them in office, smugly suckling from the tax teat.

Last Edited:
Sadly, the facts mean nothing to professional politicians basing their careers upon some predictable portion of the population keeping them in office, smugly suckling from the tax teat.
B...butt these people are public servants! They sacrifice so much to serve the people. If they worked in private industry they'd make soooo much more money!

The biggest killer in America is medical malpractice isn't it?
Yes, 400-500K people die due to medical error. My neighbor is a commissioner in the WA Medical Commission. It's very in-transparent and a lot of work needs to be done to bring this out of the shadows.

Remember: doing the most good for the most people, that's were it should be at.

B...butt these people are public servants! They sacrifice so much to serve the people. If they worked in private industry they'd make soooo much more money!

Many of those hacks never accomplish(ed) a damn thing in the private sector. Failures in the real world. Still, sadly, they're looked up to by so many sheep.

Given how polar gun control is, they're guaranteed a significant block of votes. Even more the harder they push at it. Facts? Schmacts!!! Just make it juicy and emotional! That'll get all the skinny jeans and "intellectual" libtard votes. In this otherwise cool state, Multnomah county is HUGE.

Last Edited:
Yes. <broken link removed> The data are from 2006-2010, but the trend seems to be reasonably constant.

I have been floundering through a bad patch lately, but I can't imagine how bad life must be to eat the gun.

I've known several people that either attempted or did commit suicide. None used a gun, though most had access to one. Making the argument that reducing guns will reduce suicides is just a load of BS. I think they know that, but their intellectually challenged voters will believe just about anything they say, and then keep voting them in.

Yes, 400-500K people die due to medical error. My neighbor is a commissioner in the WA Medical Commission. It's very in-transparent and a lot of work needs to be done to bring this out of the shadows.

Remember: doing the most good for the most people, that's were it should be at.
Indeed--my grandfather died because of a big-name cardiologist's malpractice and the board/commission/whoever just covered it up.

Know this, Dr. Strait: Justice IS Coming, whether in a courtroom or in the Hereafter... (Was I not supposed to name names? Oops. My bad. *spits*)

<broken link removed>

...Consider that in 2010, there were 38,329 such deaths in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That's more than double the 16,849 fatal overdoses recorded in 1999. Overdosing is now the leading cause of accidental death in the U.S., ahead of traffic fatalities and gun homicides. And health officials warn that we're in the midst of a new heroin epidemic that will only get worse before it gets better....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top