JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone own one of these? They look like an interesting weapon to keep in the car or such. No good for close quarters, but looks pretty sexy for whipping the hell out of "occupy" morons on a rampage!

<broken link removed>

They really should get someone else besides the big potato in the sweatshirt and shorts to do their demo video! :s0114:

I'm going to order a couple of the short ones through Midway USA. They have them for ~ $10.00. They're out right now, but they're expected in again on 2/19/12.

I have two of them.. they are too long for most self defense uses and the originals were used in South Africa for crowd control in teams with dogs

I prefer the Cold Steel Blackthorn walking stick. I teach Kali and this is the perfect weapon and you can take it near anywhere as it is an orthopedic aid. That thing is near indestructible and I can also throw it horizontally up to about 45 feet accurately, if I need to intimidate a loose dog. You should see them yelp and run. I have one that is my field beater (The brown coating will get chipped with real use) and one that I keep nice. When I am about town it's next to me in the vehicle for lesser threats. Check the video out:

<broken link removed>

I am about to start a new business and one of our products will be various hand turned maple versions of the blackthorn. I have extensive woodlands and it will be my own wood. That way you can have a truly good looking version for about town

It's a lot like a weapon I used as a kid, we called them sticks. Commonly found on or around trees. Selection is critical...you want one that is still green enough not to break while cracking an egg or smashing a tomato!

Well as always Lynn Thompson goes to far. In no way is that like a cattle prod. Unless the batteries and switch are hidden some where I can't see. A cattle pod is basically a long low power taser.

A stick can break or crack.. that thing won't. I musta missed the cattle prod comments, it's just a thermoplastic cave man club you can take near anywhere

I have one in my pickup, one of the 50" ones (used to be longer). Possums REALLY don't like them....but take it from me, a Sjambok and a possum makes for about 20 minutes of hilarious fun.

Any long thin "whippy" stick is terrific as a close range non-lethal weapon. I recall cornering and killing a huge Norway rat in an alley stairwell with a single blow from a 4' long x about 1/2" thick piece of dowel rod when I was about 12. It was the velocity that did it as the mass didn't amount to much. Not all that different that being whipped with a willow switch.

I did have a Cold Steel blackthorn poly shilleagh about a year ago but I didn't like it. It was just too heavy and clunky and the root-ball was far too big, heavy and cumbersome for me to grasp and walk around with compared to an ordinary tennis ball sized-headed walking cane. It was just too much like carrying a ball bat or a bludgeon around for my tastes. But I think you could really beat the tar out of something with it. I gave it away to one of the neighborhood kids who will, hopefully, find some creative mischief to get into with it.

A stick can break or crack.. that thing won't. I musta missed the cattle prod comments, it's just a thermoplastic cave man club you can take near anywhere

Fair enough I missed that he was talking about what one is used for in Africa

In Africa, the Sjambok (Sham-Bawk) is a cattle prod, a whip, a riding crop and a means of self-protection. Unlike most western style whips, the Sjambok is not plaited from thin leather thongs. Instead,

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top