JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RP SMOKES (no pun intended) Mobile 1 as a lubricant. PERIOD. Ill post info later... If your engine is consuming oil thats a by-product of wear (as you mentioned). My (very expensive) valvetrain was consumed by mobile 1s inadequate synthetic additive packages. Before reading and educating myself on the subject, I had no idea of what was going on. Viscosity isnt the issue with the oil sir. RP breaks down fast??? No. Not in the slightest, but then again... I change it out at 1500 miles as its cheap insurance and I beat the crap ourt of this motor. but I assure you the viscosity isnt an issue, nor a measure of an oils lubricating qualities... But you knew that right?

If your turbo "Seal" (no more than a piston ring) is allowing oil to be consumed (Id venturwe to say that its the rings and valve seals at least as responsible) thats due to wear as well... raising your idle 100 rpms can help the seal work better believe it or not. Ive been making 650 WHP for 20 K miles and beat the bubblegum out of this car with no further issues since the switch. Mobile 1 failed. Sure am glad I did a bunch of research as the alternative was a 2300 dollar roller cam setup I really didnt want.

Rotella is good oil... Mobile 1 is crap.

I use non racing RP in my street bike. Last oil change was 7,000 miles ago and I guess it's time to change it :s0114:

I'll use street high detergent RP in my cobra's 514 when she is fully broken in this summer

Based on everything I've read and experienced first hand, a light coating of Mil-Com TW25B and your gun will run a long, long time.

It's the only thing I use on my guns other than brake clean and some Rem oil for the outside metal.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top