JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got rid of network and paid subscription TV back in 2005. Haven't missed it a wink...
Same. I know these two characters from back when they were actors. :) Had to look up the bald head thing. Didn't know she cucked him out. So my new take is she'd be gone and without half of my bubblegum if she cheated on me and then bragged about it. So there would have been nothing to slap about.

I'm with Smith on this one. While some may think it was funny, in my worldview, it's considered poor form to mock someone for something over which they have no control. Shave your full head of hair that will grow back? Expect bald jokes. Shave your head cuz you have an autoimmune disease over which you have no control? That's not a target. What if it was your wife...?

Ever notice how no one cracks jokes about Ayanna Pressley's bald head? Why is that? Is she in a protected class (well, other than her race and gender)? Is it cuz she's a politician? Is it cuz she's a member of "The Squad" ( :s0140::s0140::s0140:?) Or is it cuz it's just poor form to mock that aspect of her?

As Flop asks, what's happened to this place?

Last Edited:
Same. I know these two characters from back when they were actors. :) Had to look up the bald head thing. Didn't know she cucked him out. So my new take is she'd be gone and without half of my bubblegum if she cheated on me and then bragged about it. So there would have been nothing to slap about.
Oh, yeah. Me, too. Smith back in the early-90s with FPoBA, then films in the mid-to-late-90s like Six Degrees of Separation, Independence Day, MIB1, etc.
And Rock when he was a comedian (before he was an actor) on Saturday Night Live and In Living Color.

Last Edited:
I'm with Smith on this one. While some may think it was funny, in my worldview, it's considered poor form to mock someone for something over which they have no control. Shave your full head of hair that will grow back? Expect bald jokes. Shave your head cuz you have an autoimmune disease over which you have no control? That's not a target. What if it was your wife...?

As Flop asks, what's happened to this place?
They hired a comedian to tell jokes. Comedians make fun of everyone, nobody or nothing's off limits. That's whats funny. Will Smith was a baby (or more likely it was all a publicity stunt).

I am reminded of this famous quote... :D

"Social media has made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the mouth for it."

Mike Tyson

So Will Smith got up and slapped Chris Rock at the Academy Awards tonight. Chris was cracking jokes and made one about Jada's baldness which has been brought on by an autoimmune disease. Will was not impressed. So he got up and slapped Rock.

Of course, this could all be fake. They are actors after all.

Sorry about the Twatter link.

It's pretty obvious JPS wears the pants in that relationship.

He was laughing until she rolled her eyes, which sent him into attack dog mode.

One wonders where she keeps his balls.

They hired a comedian to tell jokes. Comedians make fun of everyone, nobody or nothing's off limits. That's whats funny. Will Smith was a baby (or more likely it was all a publicity stunt).
I don't find making fun of people's autoimmune disorders over which they have no control and didn't ask to be afflicted with to be a source of jokes. YMMV.

But to your statement that nobody or anything is off-limits, I beg to disagree. There are certain things that are, in fact, quite off-limits.
Black people can make fun of white people in comedy, but can white people make fun of black people without some form of reprisal?
Gay people can make fun of straight people in comedy, but can straight people make fun of gay people without some form of reprisal?
Jews can make fun of Christians in comedy, but can Christians make fun of Jews without some form of reprisal?

I covered just the basics of race, sexual orientation, and religion. I'm sure you could come up with several other instances where what was once "OK" is now "strictly verboten" in film and on the stand-up stage. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be that it's now considered poor form and hence, off-limits?

Last Edited:
I don't find making fun of people's autoimmune disorders over which they have no control and didn't asked to be afflicted with to be a source of jokes. YMMV.
Well instead of "autoimmune disorders" you could insert sexual orientation, BMI, IQ, skin tone, gender identity etc and pretty soon stand up comedy is dead.

Thats why there hasn't been a decent Hollywood comedy in decades. Because they lost their balls to potentially offend someone.

Well instead of "autoimmune disorders" you could insert sexual orientation, BMI, IQ, skin tone, gender identity etc and pretty soon stand up comedy is dead.

Thats why there hasn't been a decent Hollywood comedy in decades. Because they lost their balls to potentially offend someone.
The only things you listed that are not under the control of a person are BMI, IQ (both to some extent) and skin tone.
Maaaaaaaaaybe sexual orientation is not a choice, but I would expect it is in more cases than not.
Gender identity? Clearly a choice, pushed by our K-12 indoctrination centers.

Last Edited:
Ever notice how no one cracks jokes about Ayanna Pressley's bald head?
I wouldn't say no one does. I know I do.

5f178c2a353d374911c8d485_o_U_v2.jpg

3026687cc6f102bf6a7ae7e04fe541b6.jpg

:s0140:

That might get some people to tune in next time. Anything for ratings?
This was probably all staged just to try and getting better ratings since
they have been in the cellar for years now.
Very possibly, but it ain't benefitting the Oscars! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads