JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You will always have the side that dosen't have any interest in AR type firearms and will cross the fence to the left side on this issue.
I find the AR platform doesn't really suit me, it just looks like generic rifle No4 to me. Tried to like it even got a higher quality upper.
Position of the controls I don't care for.
Still wasn't for me. I like hi-capacity rifles, just the AR series are not one I do. AK's though I do like.

The SBRed/Suppressed AR I mentioned above:

View attachment 582188

Two of my favorite things together; firepower and flowers. (And, yes, I realize my penchant for growing roses and going on wildflower hikes is decidedly not in keeping with "machismo", but I'm at a point in life that I am comfortable in my masculinity, and more accurately, I just don't give a damn. :p)

Kinda reminds me of a spoof National Lampoon Magazine did: "Guns and Sandwiches Magazine". Cover pic was described as "Here's a Pastrami on Rye attractively positioned next to a Smith and Wesson Model 29".

I remember over 30 years ago I stopped by the trap club with my M1 super 90 and the stank eye I got.. cleaned 25 and split up the hill to shoot metalic.

I remember over 30 years ago I stopped by the trap club with my M1 super 90 and the stank eye I got.. cleaned 25 and split up the hill to shoot metalic.
I get funny looks every time I get out my trap launcher and bring out the vepr-12 at the range. lol They think i'm shooting an AK-47 in the air at clays. :rolleyes:

I get funny looks every time I get out my trap launcher and bring out the vepr-12 at the range. lol They think i'm shooting an AK-47 in the air at clays. :rolleyes:
Yea, my wife at the time on that day used a Winchester riot gun and did pretty good.
Made the fuds reconsider the term practical, that's for sure.

Sounds like he just didn't think the AR platform was practical for him, I can agree with that. Calling someone a Fudd because they disagree with you on what firearms they should or shouldn't find useful or desirable is pretty short-sighted. I see people complaining about hipster cartridges all the time on here yet they would probably seem like fudds to those hipsters. The army gave me many AR platformed rifles to use over the years and I was pretty meh on them. The M4 is cheap, mass produced and pretty reliable, what it isn't is a nice bolt action hunting rifle, or a tack driving varmint rifle or a great battle rifle, it is a multi tool that doesn't excel at any one task but has the potential to be used for many tasks. If I need to screw in a screw I would love to have my toolbox, if I don't then a multi tool will have to do. I don't judge others based on their firearms but rather based on their actions.

The AR in one form or another, has served as this nation's military regular issued rifle longer than any other weapon in history. It continues to be adopted by more nations worldwide despite newer designs being available. It is one of the most modular weapon systems ever designed and also one of the most ergonomic (often copied by newer designs).

Don't care for .223/5.56X45? No problem...
Largest 5.56 based cartridges?

Isn't practical? Reality suggests otherwise.

Last Edited:
Funny how the AR is one of the two most prevelant military firearms despite other designs being new and better in the ergonomics department.

One doesn't need an AR to hunt (but since when was the 2A about hunting?), but its still practical for it and other uses. While I'm more into FALs, and AKs, the AR and AK seem to be the hardest to kill as far as military issue rifles go.

If such rifles weren't practical then they'd been gone with the wind a long time ago.

From what I have heard, an AR is quite "practical" in controlling invasive species - e.g., feral pigs.

Remember, an AR-15 is quite versatile in that it can be easily configured to shoot cartridges from .204 up to .50 Beowulf. If the .223 isn't appropriate for the chore, then there is probably some other cartridge available for the AR-15 that is appropriate. If not, then bump up to an AR-10.

I am not a fan of the design, but it is very popular and therefore there is a lot of different configurations for it that are quite useful and therefore practical. IMO.

One mans practical is another mans pointless. Cool thing is , this is America. Doesn't mean you gotta like it , also means I don't gotta care if you do.

I dont care one lick about hunting . Too much work. Or for hunters all that much to tell you the truth. And I certainly don't care what hunters think who don't support OUR rights to hold OUR government accountable and keep OUR government in check by all means including force if necessary.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top