JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the plan when I shoot out the barrel in the Tikka. I'll probably never buy one of the kimbers for a number of reasons, but they are so light that they tempt me.

Avoid the temptation and save yourself the frustration. I've heard a lot of good things about the Tikka rifles. What I've heard and know about the Kimbers is that they are pretty....

I'd probably stick with the three rifles I shoot the most!
Marlin 25. Ive had this one since 1980. It is a squirrel shooting machine!
Id also need a .22 centerfire. It would be hard to decide between 22 Hornet and 223. But 223 would probably get the nod because it would be easier to find ammo if I ran out.
And my 6.5x55 mauser. since I had shoulder surgery 10 years back This has become my deer rifle. It shoots flat and doesn't hurt my shoulder.

Two others that Id have a hard time giving up are My 30-30 Win. I got it the first year they came out with Angle eject. And my Marlin in 45 Colt. I like it because I can load it down with 160 Gr bullets till it recoils like a 22 Mag. or with 325 grain bullets up to the lower end 45-70 loads [ Trapdoor Loads]. DR

22LR for squirrels to rabbits and coons
25-06 for everything from coyotes to moose (i'll start making some popcorn now.... :p )

Since that eliminates the need for a 3rd rifle it saves room for a 12ga for bird hunting.

Coincidentally, I have 3 hunting rifles. A savage 10, 110, 111. I have a 6.5CM for blacktail, 7mm Rem Mag for the eastern portion of the state in general and a .375 Ruger as a bear gun. I have yet to shoot a bear.

Oh and 5 year old thread, btw

5 years ago, I listed what I thought would cover the gamut of game one could possibly encounter.
I'd like to create a second list, this time holding it ONLY to guns I currently have in my possession...

A) Mossberg 142-A .22 S/L/LR for small game.
B) Winchester 94 .30-30 for medium game.

...and this is where it gets tough...

C-1) 98 Mauser 8x57
C-2) Remington 725 .270

C1 was Dad's elk gun. The 8mm used to be known as "The German '06" for a reason.
C2 has a 3-9X scope for longer shots.

Can't make up my mind, so I'm doing it as a 3 gun, with a sub-set. :s0121:

Last Edited:
Ruger 77 in .338 win mag.
Remington 700 SPS .270 short mag, stainless now in a laminated stock
Remington 722 in .257 Roberts

and mix in the Savage 99f in .308, the mini 14 .223, and any of a half dozen .22lr. and we have the bases covered!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top