JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe a new amendment to the constitution should be passed to require every piece of legislation and every regulation to undergo strict scrutiny and must be proved constitutionally allowed BEFORE A VOTE IS ALLOWED. Furthermore every post-constitutional regulation and piece of legislation must have a sunset clause after 10 years at which point it's effects must be reassessed and a vote to renew made. If the regulation or legislation isn't continued by vote then it expires and dies.

This should be the same at every government level from municipal to federal.

This way, the busybody politicians can work on bettering and revisiting current constitutional regulations and legislation rather than just kissing lobbyist a$$es and seeing how many thousands of unconstitutional bills they can force through during their tenure because they know that once a bill is passed, even if blatantly unconstitutional, it will likely be years before courts get around to declaring it unconstitutional at which point, the damage is done. This technique of passing deliberately unconstitutional bills is knowingly used by politicians who hope to allow their constituents to reap the benefits of the illegal bill before it's shot down.

Everything should be living except the constitution. If we want to change the foundation, we need to tear down the structure. That's why it was made so difficult to alter by our founding fathers. Not impossible though, as history has proven again and again.

There is one reason you try to circumvent a constitutional amendment or rule and that is when you can't get enough of "the people" to support you. If you had the support, you would follow due process. It's actually pretty straightforward to change the constitution but it requires a great amount of solidarity, a majority of "the people" supporting it. You can't fulfill the requirements set forth in our constitution because you're actually trying please a minority of "the people" who are screaming loudest, so you take advantage of our current free-for-all congress who themselves are entirely unfamiliar with our founding or our foundational document and all of the years of work and argument that created it.

This is how we end up with mountains of regulations which violate the constitution and a government who who always defers to post-constitutional regulation as their reasoning behind punishing you.

"The constitution allows it but not this exception we unilaterally wrote later so have fun in jail, you deplorable."

IMO, those that support the 2A, but yet agree with some infringements simply don't get it.

You must support and accept the 2A in it's entirety. Meaning... you can't accept the freedom it gives you to exercise your right how you feel is "appropriate", but then deny the same protections it gives others... even if another law abiding citizen chooses to exercise their rights in a way that may seem excessive... in your opinion.

There's no picking and choosing. It either protects us all or none of us. Any vote in support of any infringement jeopardizes us all.

I understand one simple fact about politics and the people in the trade. They lie. They lie to get their agenda on the minds or under the skin of others. I say trade because, they trade reality for an agenda. Just a little here or there.
Look at the school system. Let's neuter history and revise it. I can say what ever I want to get re-elected or be put in a position to influence others. Then I can push my agenda in a protected environment.

Just look at the current liberal crop of idiots coming out of college that don't appear to have critical and analytical thinking. -The teachers said it and it's the cool thing so it must be true.

Now you throw in the media and mass knee jerk reactions. What if the people that were screaming for help. The ones screaming for others to be helped Physically or Mentally got help. What if people paid attention to those around them selves. Would we be here? My guess…

My son graduated two days ago from HS. His school had three shooting threats in two years. One credible and was stopped. Honestly i put this on the parents. If they pay attention to kids and give them value and connect with their kids and don't used the idiot tv baby sitter. I was a single parent for a long time. I made sure I knew what happened every day in my sons life. I made sure he could talk to me about any thing. It payed dividends as he got older. You can't throw a undeveloped kid to the sharks.

I also throw this at the feet of the state and the media. The idiots who fan the fires and don't pay attention to building people up and being negative. Not supporting people as they grow up and figure out how to react appropriately to a negative event or conversation or to criticism.

The media has it because they don't care. Kids are $$$ to them. Why the state? Because they have our kids minds and mental and personality molding in their hands for 12 years. I've seen it and combatted it for jr for years now. Just ask them to a point counter point argument. If they can think critically they might learn some thing.

Why the rant about schools? Because the crop of anti gun influenced voters is getting bigger and bigger by the day. The school shootings (softest targets-highest damage) show how the laws have failed. But let's not think about what we have done -laws enacted and the affects of those.

Nope knee jerk the new over the top answer….. more restrictions. More laws…. More negative emotional drivin decisions.

Don't take my freedoms to protect your emotions. Because you expect some one else to protect your person.

If one were to pick apart and re-interpret / re-vision one Amendment...what is to stop that from happening to all the other ones ?

If you don't understand the language used in the Bill of Rights...
Do your homework...read up on the times and writers...maybe grab a dictionary...and learn about what it is you are talking about.

Own firearms or not...its your choice...just don't make that choice for me or others.
Andy

Why_u_need_AR_Answer.jpg

BUT, But, but........

Dont_like_guns.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Is a background check infringing on my right to buy a firearm? Nope.

Do I want a 16 year old to be able to legally purchase a firearm? Nope.

Those are restrictions (age, criminal history) that myself and most of my friends agree with.

Those are restrictions (age, criminal history) that myself and most of my friends agree with.
Then you don't actually support the 2nd!
Have you actually read the Bill of Rights? Have you actually Read the Fed. Papers?
The answers you seek can all be found within those founding document's, I recommend reading them, might be enlightening!

You have a right to believe what you want.

THAT being said......
I'll disagree with you.

Anyway, on these two points.........
In light of the fact of what the 2nd Amendment actually says........

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Note that it DOESN'T say.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

So then.
1) A BGC infringes upon my freedom.......in that I need to prove that I'm worthy.

Rrrrrright.
im-not-worthy.jpg

Now.....why not carry that idea on to VOTING? Prove......that you're worthy.

Hummmmm?

2) Most 16 year old people (the one's that I know at least) live with "parents" (or someone who is supposed to act like one). So then......aren't PARENTS supposed to raise their own kids?

Trouble is.......the schools (some anyway) and the Govt. wants to determine the path of teaching/learning for MY KIDS.

Aren't PARENTS responsible anymore?

Rrrrrright.......perhaps that brings up an even larger issue that needs to be addressed?

So then......
REALLY? How much Govt. do you wish to tolerate in your life?

Of course.....these were just two issues.

Agree to disagree......it's OK.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Is it infringing on your right? You best look up the definition of the word infringe….

I would agree that when I could walk out same day with my rifle/pistol/shotgun purchase within about 5 minutes of a phone call being made that my right was not being infringed upon. Now that that waiting period is measured in days or weeks - yes, it most definitely is.

Is it infringing on your right? You best look up the definition of the word infringe….

I would agree that when I could walk out same day with my rifle/pistol/shotgun purchase within about 5 minutes of a phone call being made that my right was not being infringed upon. Now that that waiting period is measured in days or weeks - yes, it most definitely is.
And IMO many delays are intentional and after legislation passes to prevent the three day rule they will become indefinite. At that point it becomes legal infringement.

And IMO many delays are intentional and after legislation passes to prevent the three day rule they will become indefinite. At that point it becomes legal infringement.
We know Gov'ness K8 Demanded the OSP to slow walk the BGC just as covid hit, She got caught lying about it too, but nobody has taken her to task over it!
My last BGC ( even with A CCW) took more then 72 hours! I have been averaging about the same, even with the CCW and unique last name!

These people know the value of an AR and/or any semi-automatic or full-automatic firearm.

Call them "Militia Members" if you like.

Aloha, Mark

PS......did you note the 18 year old member?

So, will America prohibit 18 year olds from joining the US Military too? Rrrrrright......."18" is too young to have a semi-auto or even a full-auto weapon.

Last Edited:
"Then you don't actually support the 2nd!
Have you actually read the Bill of Rights? Have you actually Read the Fed. Papers?
The answers you seek can all be found within those founding document's, I recommend reading them, might be enlightening!"

I don't think insulting and badgering fellow gun enthusiasts is in any way helpful. Live in a fantasy world of zero firearm regulation if you choose, but all you're doing is "fiddling while Rome burns". May 24th was a tipping point, as much - or more - than that Harvey Weinstein business or the televised killing of George Floyd. "Reasonable regulations for the ownership and use of a firearm in an effort to stop mindless homicidal carnage" is going to happen. If you personally don't agree with it, fine. But it absolutely without question is coming. Luckily it won't be much, only what Washingtonians are in fact already living with. Probably less.
I am 67 years old, a lifelong avid gun owner, shooter, reloader, former C&R license holder, CPL holder, had a table at the WAC show a couple of weekends ago, and I don't have a problem in the world with the minimum age to purchase ANY kind of semiauto ANYTHING being 21 years old. In view of the events of the past few weeks, I actually think it's a damn good idea. Does that basically make me a non-supporter of the 2nd in your view? If so, maybe I should just take up knitting.

Last Edited:
"Then you don't actually support the 2nd!
The answers you seek can all be found within those founding document's, I recommend reading them, might be enlightening!"

I don't think insulting and badgering fellow gun enthusiasts is in any way helpful. Live in a fantasy world of zero firearm regulation if you choose, but all you're doing is "fiddling while Rome burns". May 24th was a tipping point, as much - or more - than that Harvey Weinstein business or the televised killing of George Floyd. "Reasonable regulations for the ownership and use of a firearm in an effort to stop mindless homicidal carnage" is going to happen. If you personally don't agree with it, fine. But it absolutely without question is coming. Luckily it won't be much, only what Washingtonians are in fact already living with. Probably less.
I am 67 years old, a lifelong avid gun owner, shooter, reloader, former C&R license holder, CPL holder, had a table at the WAC show a couple of weekends ago, and I don't have a problem in the world with the minimum age to purchase ANY kind of semiauto ANYTHING being 21 years old. In view of the events of the past few weeks, I actually think it's a damn good idea. Does that basically make me a non-supporter of the 2nd in your view? If so, maybe I should just take up knitting.
Your viewpoint is equally as valuable as someone who thinks people older than 65 shouldn't have a drivers license.

You can't say "I support the second amendment…" and follow that up with agreeing to infringements on adults 18-21. They can serve and die in the military at ages younger than you believe they should have legal access to semi-auto guns.

Does your first name happen to be Elmer?

Fiddle on, bro.
If you think the people who want to ban guns and strip the 2nd amendment out of the constitution, or neuter it into oblivion can EVER be satiated by any level of "common sense" gun safety measures then you are sorely mistaken. The goal post is always moved.

The destruction of our society will be at the hands of people who compromised rights away, not the people who stood firm and followed the constitution as written and intended.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top