JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't get the rim of the case to go into the Allen head screws.

I would rather use punches to tear mine all the way down.

I would rather pull the mainspring housing first so the hammer didn't have any tension on it when I start pushing pins out.
Allen head screws are for anal orifices. I hate them. used to work on heave equipment that used lots of allen heads.

I'd agree with Jammer that the 1911 could be said to be unnecessarily complex, when contrasted with the Glock G-21, for example.
I have liked the 1911's I've had especially the 1984 Colt Combat Commander in bead-blasted nickel, boy what a sweetie that one was.
I prefer the G-21's wider grip in the back to the narrower 1911 profile, but the Ruger SR1911 and the Kimber 1911's a friend of mine has have much superior triggers to the mushy creep-y Glock's. The 1911's are great as hobby guns, but and partially because of this, the Glocks are much easier to replace should one wind up in the evidence room.

Anyway back to the OT, the built-in toolkit is a great feature, whether intended or not. Good reminder of things we may have forgotten.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top