JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
There is a video somewhere showing muzzle flashes right before he shoots first dude. That might be it. Or when elbow-deficient had a gun out. :s0092:

Right here -- by NYT: direct link to video, downloadable: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1298840621524934656/pu/vid/640x360/fFYdM8IamtqYOEIT.mp4?tag=10

There's also a video from different angle -- this is the one that convinced me it was SD: Direct link: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1298840881164886016/pu/vid/1280x720/gx62I87D3cWAHx8E.mp4?tag=10

I don't speed or break any rule ever...:s0092:

So I can sit back and judge others on the internet:rolleyes:.

Good for y'all :oops::eek:

The amount of stupid in this thread is hurting my heado_O:confused:

I'm no lawyer, but if Wisconsin is a state that charges for deaths that happen during the commission of a crime, the DA will claim that the kid was still breaking the law at the time that SD became necessary. We'll see I guess.

I suppose it's possible to try to get to plea bargain, but that law is aimed at situations like when people go rob a bank and someone dies -- there should be a close relationship between the death and the crime.

Suppose a person accidentally makes a wrong turn down a one-way street. Crime of some sort. An annoyed driver jumps out and tries to beat the wrong way driver with a tire iron and gets shot. I wouldn't call that murder -- I'd call it SD and a reason to ticket the driver for making a wrong turn.

He's not a Corpsman. He's a kid playing soldier boy.
You are free to hate on him all you want. I don't have a dog in the fight. I was an 18 year old "kid" when I killed my first enemy combatant. If the story is he was there to help folks that were injured and he was armed and something else ensued, well, stuff happens.

I don't speed or break any rule ever...:s0092:

So I can sit back and judge others on the internet:rolleyes:.

Good for y'all :oops::eek:

The amount of stupid in this thread is hurting my heado_O:confused:

If you are implying what i think you are... that's very unfair and unreasonable. IMO. But hey, I don't want to judge. Wait, are you judging us here with your post??? I'm lost...

If you are implying what i think you are... that's very unfair and unreasonable. IMO. But hey, I don't want to judge. Wait, are you judging us here with your post??? I'm lost...

Not aimed at you, but I have to be excellent to everyone so I can't really say what I want to.

I suppose it's possible to try to get to plea bargain, but that law is aimed at situations like when people go rob a bank and someone dies -- there should be a close relationship between the death and the crime.

Suppose a person accidentally makes a wrong turn down a one-way street. Crime of some sort. An annoyed driver jumps out and tries to beat the wrong way driver with a tire iron and gets shot. I wouldn't call that murder -- I'd call it SD and a reason to ticket the driver for making a wrong turn.

And there have been cases of home invasion where the accomplices were charged after the homeowner shot their buddies. Not sure how narrow these laws are applied.

You are free to hate on him all you want. I don't have a dog in the fight. I was an 18 year old "kid" when I killed my first enemy combatant. If the story is he was there to help folks that were injured and he was armed and something else ensued, well, stuff happens.

Word! :s0069:

I look back at the one or two surviving photos of myself while deployed in my Army days and always think.... "damn.... was I really ever THAT young?!" :oops:

And there have been cases of home invasion where the accomplices were charged after the homeowner shot their buddies. Not sure how narrow these laws are applied.

That makes sense to me -- the death is directly related to the activity that caused the shooting.

Here, Kyle just happened to have a firearm but what caused the shooting was a group of people attacking him. That attack was not related to Kyle's acts even if Kyle's acts were illegal (which is still an open question).

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads