JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Except he broke the law before he even pulled the trigger, so a felony is a felony, right? He was already in violation of the law when he showed up, in another state, with a bunch of larpers.

If you could prove that he drove to Wisconsin with the intent to shoot some rioters that night, maybe, have we established that unlawful possession of a firearm in Wisconsin is a felony? if he had some priors probably, but if not then it would just be a misdemeanor, here in Oregon he would be out the same day.

Except he broke the law before he even pulled the trigger, so a felony is a felony, right? He was already in violation of the law when he showed up, in another state, with a bunch of larpers.

If you actually took the time to watch the editorial videos already posted instead of doubling down on your original point you'd see it was pointed out that a minor in possession of a loaded weapon and open carrying while not engaged in hunting is a MISDEMEANOR.

:rolleyes:

As for being young with a firearm and such, he very well may face consequences for that but that is a SEPARATE crime, not a related one. I do agree he didn't need to be there -- wrote a long post about it too -- https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...und-to-avoid-them.334277/page-47#post-2668226 -- but that's probably true of half or more self-defense shootings and it doesn't change the fact that it was SD.

Well, I agree they are two separate issues. Except as to note that 17yr olds parents shouldn't have let him get into a mess like this. And it is worth noting that in some states, if someone dies during the commission of a crime (possession, transport across state lines, etc), that gets a murder charge. Tho I don't know if it has to be a felony on the original crime.

Watch this:

Very stupid off topic grammar complaint follows. Nothing to see here, just move along.
I quit when the reporter said "police thanked he and his [whatever]" -- it's him. Just like people are always afraid to use "me" and use "I" instead when two people are involved. Example: "Joe thanked he and I" -- test it by splitting. Joe thanked he. Joe thanked I. Yeah -- wrong! Joe thanked him and me. See #1 here: The 'NPR Grammar Hall Of Shame' Opens With 'I' And 'Me'

When he was being shot at by other rioters?
He was being shot at by other rioters? No he was not.

I saw several giving aid to the shot person while Kyle was on the phone, he stood by for a moment and then he took off with no one pursuing him.

Where was the 'being shot at by other rioters' part?

Very stupid off topic grammar complaint follows. Nothing to see here, just move along.
I quit when the reporter said "police thanked he and his [whatever]" -- it's him. Just like people are always afraid to use "me" and use "I" instead when two people are involved. Example: "Joe thanked he and I" -- test it by splitting. Joe thanked he. Joe thanked I. Yeah -- wrong! Joe thanked him and me. See #1 here: The 'NPR Grammar Hall Of Shame' Opens With 'I' And 'Me'

I C U.... O U 8 1 2?

I saw several giving aid to the shot person while Kyle was on the phone, he stood by for a moment and then he took off.

There is a video somewhere showing muzzle flashes right before he shoots first dude. That might be it. Or when elbow-deficient had a gun out. :s0092:

If you could prove that he drove to Wisconsin with the intent to shoot some rioters that night, maybe, have we established that unlawful possession of a firearm in Wisconsin is a felony? if he had some priors probably, but if not then it would just be a misdemeanor, here in Oregon he would be out the same day.

In the Tim Pool video @Stomper linked to way back early in thread, there is apparently a WI law which says 16 and 17 year olds can carry rifles. It's probably related to making it possible for kids to hunt, but the law says nothing about hunting -- at least according to Tim. If that's the case, he may not even face charges on that.

If you actually took the time to watch the editorial videos already posted instead of doubling down on your original point you'd see it was pointed out that a minor in possession of a loaded weapon and open carrying while not engaged in hunting is a MISDEMEANOR.

Not sure how that changes things.

We are either law and order or we are not. Claiming that BLM, Antifa, etc are all wrong to break the law, and then making this dumb kid out to be a hero, really isn't consistent ethics. Maybe we want to cheer him for shooting some dickheads, but I'm not liking the trend of minimizing how incorrect his action in being there in the first place is...

He can have BOTH engaged in lawful self-defense AND committed some other crime.

I'm no lawyer, but if Wisconsin is a state that charges for deaths that happen during the commission of a crime, the DA will claim that the kid was still breaking the law at the time that SD became necessary. We'll see I guess.

He broke the law, crossing state lines with a rifle he wasn't supposed to possess to another state and town 30 miles away, broke curfew same as the protesters and shot some people because he played a stupid game, couldn't figure out how to fist fight or run well, killed some folks and ran away. He broke the law, invited himself to a protest that had nothing to do with him and now hopefully has his day in court and then years in prison. Law and order is law and order and he broke the law and then broke it again. This is the kind of loon who gives gun owners a bad name and political ammunition to those seeking to take your rights. Supporting this kind of person does the 2nd amendment no good at all.

Screenshot_20200827-172805.png Screenshot_20200827-173025.png

I saw several giving aid to the shot person while Kyle was on the phone, he stood by for a moment and then he took off with no one pursuing him.

From the NY Times -- if they could get around this they would because you know their bias:

While Mr. Rittenhouse is being pursued by the group, an unknown gunman fires into the air, though it's unclear why. The weapon's muzzle flash appears in footage filmed at the scene.

Mr. Rittenhouse turns toward the sound of gunfire as another pursuer lunges toward him from the same direction. Mr. Rittenhouse then fires four times, and appears to shoot the man in the head.

So Kyle is running, hears a gunshot directly behind him -- totally reasonable to think the person is shooting at him -- turns around and the child molester is lunging at him from close distance and he shoots. That's SD.

In the Tim Pool video @Stomper linked to way back early in thread, there is apparently a WI law which says 16 and 17 year olds can carry rifles. It's probably related to making it possible for kids to hunt, but the law says nothing about hunting -- at least according to Tim. If that's the case, he may not even face charges on that.

I'm not familiar with that one. But I looked up Wis law when this first came about and it clearly says 18yrs old to be in possession, with exemption all the way down to 12 for hunting. Two diff things.

We have a WINNER!! :s0115:

Most of you are clearly conveying your under-informed opinions quite vehemently.... I'll just point out that you're no better than the BLM reactionists who've kicked up a ruckus before they knew all the facts.... but I guess facts don't matter.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews