JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
There's a balance between helicoptering parent and negligent parent.

Going back to my own childhood, yes I did deceive my parents and go somewhere else... but my parents did try to keep track of me, disallow me from visiting certain places, gave me a time to be back. I wasn't overmanaged, but I wasn't just set free either.

@Ura-Ki I played the field and had a stable/harem not a single girlfriend. I had an old MG. I had very little money for gas and what I had didn't get me across the state.

I'd just like to hear from the parents. All those relating their personal youth experiences isn't helping explain why Kyle was in this situation.

While I agree that more information would be nice, I think the best thing his parents can do is to stay under the radar. If they start talking, the MSM is going to turn it into a media circus that turns into a race to see which "news" outlet can twist their statements through "creative editing" to paint the worst possible picture.

I was right there with ya until this last sentence. ^^

Where I live, I have an astronomically greater amount of faith in my local jurisdiction to uphold my Constitutional rights than I have in the federal government to do same.
All one must do to confirm that is just take a look around...

Agree with both points... it would depend on which local "political fiefdom" you're subjected to I suppose...

Faith in the King County DA? Faith in the Multnomah County DA?

FRAK NO!! o_O

Blessings to you and your wife.
I do THINK that we are IN a civil war now.

Thank you for all your comments, for your kind thoughts, and for the info about the rifle being lent.

I'm not sure we are in an actual civil war, yet. But I DO believe we are right in the middle of a Marxist revolution. If one looks at the BLM Inc. platform, and then looks at the tactics being used, it's classic. We DO need to put an end to this before The Squad winds up running the nation.

It is not the crime that is of concern, but rather the seriousness of the allegation
—Rush Limbaugh

We are on the same wavelength in so many ways.

What if he snuck out and his family did NOT know what he was doing or where he was and tons more? What if he lied to them?

What if he told his parents that he was staying at a friend's house like girls had PJ parties when we were kids in the 50's or 60's at each other's homes?

I asked those same questions so I do agree with you there.

I must be the odd one here because I DID have a curfew and I was brought up fairly strict, old fashioned, with common sense, brains, respect, PERSONAL RESPONSIBLILTY and so forth.

I did listen to and obeyed my parents because what they TOLD ME actually made sense. So did the teachings of my Aunt C., the family's lawyer - Mom's best friend, and my Church.

I wonder how shocked his family was if they had NO clue about this because I can't IMAGINE A PARENT letting their kid go there with the rioting mob and if they did... oh my!

Cate

Unlike what you are reporting about yourself... I was a miscreant. While I did VERY well in school, in private I was doing ALL kinds of things I shouldn't have been doing, some of which have affected me for the rest of my life. That's why I call 17yr old kids little dumbazzes, fondly, I know what they can be like. I raised three of my own too.

I'm not looking to BLAME the parents. But where are they, what's the deal, what's their situation, what really happened to their oversight of this boy, did he lie to them, did they even care, did he tell them he was going up to clean graffiti? Just curious. Sorry if the answers to any of these questions have already been posted, I'm still trying to catch up. :) Never mind.

Last Edited:
There's a lot of anguishing about the "law" and "the rule of law" as if we actually live under the "rule of law" after months of largely unrestrained mayhem, arson, rioting and looting. The police have been at best ineffectual at suppressing the mayhem, the Democrat Governors and Mayors have been complicit in allowing it, and the "mainstream media" has been fomenting it. The "media" has become the Ministry of Agitprop for the left. Purposeful Agitprop.

Petty, even violent criminals are lionized around the clock for months as victims if they are black, especially if they are stopped by the police. Meanwhile, horrors like the execution of little 5yo Cannon Hinnant, or the carjacking, rape, torture and murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom by blacks vanish quickly down the memory hole. Blacks are encouraged to believe that cops and white supremacists are actively hunting and killing them. Meanwhile the enormous death toll of blacks killed by other blacks is scarcely worth mentioning.

We are not living under rule of law, we are at war. It's just that many refuse to recognize it. I don't want it or like it but it's undeniable. The left has openly declared it. It takes two to make peace but it only takes one to make war.

All the talk about "stand up!" or "wake up!" is just that. Talk.

This young man did more to try to stop the mayhem than all the forces of government combined have to date. His technique may have been flawed but it's quite a change from the normal "don't just do something, stand there!"

America is in a declared (by them) war with domestic enemies. With a very few exceptions, we aren't even fighting, much less winning.
The propaganda being spread by BLM is basically setting the stage for a race war by convincing the disenfranchised that they are at war with the "white supremist" police. That might have something to do with what we are seeing play out all over the country... For anyone who hasn't seen it here it is.

the police.JPG supremist.JPG the protesters.JPG

I was right there with ya until this last sentence. ^^

Where I live, I have an astronomically greater amount of faith in my local jurisdiction to uphold my Constitutional rights than I have in the federal government to do same.
All one must do to confirm that is just take a look around...
Living in Eugene, my experience is exactly the opposite.

The propaganda being spread by BLM is basically setting the stage for a race war by convincing the disenfranchised that they are at war with the "white supremist" police. That might have something to do with what we are seeing play out all over the country... For anyone who hasn't seen it here it is.

View attachment 742063
I find it disturbing that the BLM/Antifa/DefundPolice crowd uses an image such as the above to caricature their enemy.
Does anyone else notice the glaring similarity of this image as to what the Nazis used to caricature the Jews in the lead-up to WWII?

I'm real happy with the statement from Mr. Rittenhouse attorney(s). It answers a LOT of the questions that I had.

Having been a Lifeguard myself, I can understand the impulse/desire to help. I just wish, for his sake, that he hadn't. But who knows, maybe he will come out of all this like Mr. Sandman did... :)

What about the biz owner... I wonder if he regrets getting the kid involved???

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads