JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have heard many statistics quoted from the poll taken by the Oregonian in the last few months, and are about to hear more as the remaining anti-firearm owner legislation gets steamrolled through the State Legislature. You can find the poll in its entirety here:
http://media.oregonlive.com/politics_impact/other/OREGONIAN GUNS TOPLINE_wm.pdf

It's important when we hear/see the results of the poll bandied about to note the following:
  1. Even though it's supposedly a statewide poll, 46% of the 504 people surveyed were in Portland. It makes one wonder how many of the remainder were in Eugene, Salem, or Ashland, as opposed to Prineville, Roseburg, or Grant's Pass?
  2. While Democrats outnumber Republicans 1.2 to 1, 1.6 Democrats were polled for every Republican (38% Democrat to 23% Republican).
You can draw your own conclusions, but based on the above it appears that about 2/3 of those polled were in the core urban areas along I-5, and about 1/3 were in the other 50% of the state. I believe this was done to intentionally skew the data to support gun control.

It's also interesting to note that the overwhelming winner in the poll - 91% supporting improvement to the mental health system - does not appear to be represented in the current legislation, much less an "emergency" measure...

upload_2015-5-10_11-34-12.png

upload_2015-5-10_11-32-5.png

upload_2015-5-10_12-2-37.png

Last Edited:
Keep Portland weird. Weird is code for "F-ed up".

This used to be a good city. Far from that now. The only good thing to me is that I have a good job and my parents are close. When those things change, I'm ready to get the hell outta here.

The purpose of posting the above information is to make sure we understand where the bogus numbers came from so we can refute/expose them. For example, that 80% UBC support when adjusted to remove the 50% intentional bias drops the support to 53% of the general public (multiply by 2, divide by 3). A majority, yes, but hardly the mandate they kept claiming.

When you go to those town halls, write those letters, and make those calls, etc., do your homework and show them up. Don't take the lies laying down.

Prediction. We will see a whole lotta ISIS Type stuff, so soon, that the gun haters will be supplying powder and primers for you.
I agree. We will be seeing an uptick in home grown ISIS inspired shootings and terror sooner than later but the Anti's will turn it all around and blame the availability of semi auto guns in the US as the #1 cause.

Keep Portland weird. Weird is code for "F-ed up".

This used to be a good city. Far from that now. The only good thing to me is that I have a good job and my parents are close. When those things change, I'm ready to get the hell outta here.

Whenever I see one of those "Keep Portland Weird" stickers, I can't help thinking "No worries." It's like saying "Keep Water Wet".

The clueless masses in Portland are in for one heck of a shock when the ISIS "lone wolves" strike.

Jim

I agree. We will be seeing an uptick in home grown ISIS inspired shootings and terror sooner than later but the Anti's will turn it all around and blame the availability of semi auto guns in the US as the #1 cause.

Get ready to turn in all of your semi's. Wonder how much money Bloomberg is sending to ISIS?

Foreverlost,

The purpose of posting the above information is to make sure we understand where the bogus numbers came from so we can refute/expose them. For example, that 80% UBC support when adjusted to remove the 50% intentional bias drops the support to 53% of the general public (multiply by 2, divide by 3). A majority, yes, but hardly the mandate they kept claiming.

When you go to those town halls, write those letters, and make those calls, etc., do your homework and show them up. Don't take the lies laying down.

Agreed. It's one thing to say "its not true". It's quite another, and much more concrete, when you can prove it to the lay-person. Getting this into a well written write-up and to the general public, and THEN the politicians (much harder for them to ignore) is what I'm still trying to figure out.

And the who;e mental-health thing (91%!) should be our throw-back when they say "and 81% of Oregonians want this...". I know of at least SB793 (more mental health funding) that was voted down on party lines. When you combine that with 84% of 'gun-deaths' in 2013 were suicides, and maybe mix in that Bloomberg did not give any money to push mental health services, it starts to make them look foolish.

From the poll, it's probably also why they are not pursuing bans: they know the poll is skewed and not even a consensus among the Portland crowd to go after it.

Yep I have never see a fair poll that comes from the Little Moscow Fishwrapper.
Even a fish would feel shamed to be wrapped in that rag.

Prediction. We will see a whole lotta ISIS Type stuff, so soon, that the gun haters will be supplying powder and primers for you.

In which case I'd REFUSE to pick up a rifle and defend their little trendy lesbian 12yr old boy looking freak asses. They can reap the wind.

Case in point, Tina Kotek. Let her wear a burka or part company with her head via an ISIL hack-job.

image.jpg

Please, don't dream of faux 12yr old boys. :D

Seriously, I want you to remember the face of your would-be oppressor, I want you go to bed ANGRY, I want you to wake up ANGRY, I want you to eat your three squares ANGRY... then kick some anti-2A bubblegum! :mad:

In a perfect world Portland and Eugene could be separate states and all the democrats could move there. We could build walls around them and prevent them from ruining the rest of this beautiful state.

It would make voting a lot more fair since I am sick of the voting power coming from those areas determining what happens in the rest of the state. Wacko Bastards! Now I'm going to bed angry!:mad:

Last Edited:
In a perfect world Portland and Eugene could be separate states and all the democrats could move there. We could build walls around them and prevent them from ruining the rest of this beautiful state.

It would make voting a lot more fair since I am sick of the voting power coming from those areas determining what happens in the rest of the state. Wacko Bastards! Now I'm going to bed angry!:mad:

YES!! My work here is done. o_O

Remind our Governor, she still hasn't signed it for some reason, right? Are they a bit worried Oregonians are sick of the load of crap they've been feeding us or is she waiting to sign ALL the asinine gun Bills at once:mad:
http://www.oregon.gov/gov/Pages/share-your-opinion.aspx
I sent my opinion in For what it's worth. Reminded her that she is supposed to represent ALL of Oregon ~ not just the metro areas

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top