JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a partially finished treehouse you could sleep on :)

z6RdO67.jpg

Hog hunting should be fun. Probably the best thing to do, (?) is to get educated and learn up on the ins and outs of Texas Hog Hunting. The good, the fun, the bad and the expensive nightmares. I suppose what I am trying to say is learn up first.

Arrange the hunt? Reservations. Perhaps they can also provide a guide and the guns? Prepare and ship the hog meat? I don't even know if you can legally harvest and eat wild hogs. Shoot them yes. Eat them? Dunno. Some help here please. Just saying.

Hog hunting should be fun. Probably the best thing to do, (?) is to get educated and learn up on the ins and outs of Texas Hog Hunting. The good, the fun, the bad and the expensive nightmares. I suppose what I am trying to say is learn up first.

Arrange the hunt? Reservations. Perhaps they can also provide a guide and the guns? Prepare and ship the hog meat? I don't even know if you can legally harvest and eat wild hogs. Shoot them yes. Eat them? Dunno. Some help here please. Just saying.

Yeah, I've been researching a lot. And yes, you can eat them no problem. I'd have it processed 100% to sausage. Chorizo, breakfast and Italian to offset the gamey taste. I want to use my own gun. Period. And that's possible too. Just have to check it on the plane. As far as more education, well that's why I started this thread, brother. :)

Try contacting Ted Nugent, hes a great guy and knows allot about these kinda of hunts.
He also likes talking about bubblegum other then music so give him a yell.

LOL, no I usually talk with him about this stuff thru facebook/messenger.
Or you can try thru Spirit of the Wild page on the Outdoor Channel's website.
I think I have his email, if I do I will PM it.

Have you looked at states other than Texas? Ive heard TX doesn't have public land so all hunting is done on private property and thats why its gets so expensive. Have also heard they feed the boar to make them bigger. I thought the whole idea is to get rid of them?
Seems like all states have an issue with wild pigs.

Its true wild pigs are invasive, they say they do but Texas doesn't *really* want to get rid of them its a billion dollar industry down there...

Its true wild pigs are invasive, they say they do but Texas doesn't *really* want to get rid of them its a billion dollar industry down there...
No kidding. You kinda have to roll your eyeballs when they squack about how their hen house is getting raided by a fox.. and would you like to pay me $500 to shoot it for me.. hurry, help!
feh, make up your mind

No kidding. You kinda have to roll your eyeballs when they squack about how their hen house is getting raided by a fox.. and would you like to pay me $500 to shoot it for me.. hurry, help!
feh, make up your mind
just $500...? Some of them hunts are in the thousands, more if you use a heli to shoot from.

I don't know about other states but here in Oregon its illegal to charge for hog hunts, so landowners have no motive to keep them around.

Kruejl, my apologies for drifting your thread it was an impulse post :D. I'm envious actually and have looked at Texas hog hunts too but the ones I looked at were out of my budget. If you find something let us know. I like the taste of wild game myself, but a freezer full of chorizo and sausage would be like... "hog heaven"

(see what I did there...)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR