JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The most (supposed) American state sues a company for doing something American, irony.

The most (supposed) American state sues a company for doing something American, irony.
Not really. CTDs behavior would be regarded, by the Texans I know, as decidedly un-American and Anti-Texan. To them, the credo is God, Country, Community, Family, Self. Kinda the opposite of most leftists, Kalifornicators, and especially CTD.

Telling a company what they can and can not charge for their products is not American.

Dictating what a company can and can not charge for a product is definitely not American.

If they want to charge 4 billion for a box of 50 rounds of 9mm, they should have the rights to do so.

If they were a monopoly and you didn't have a choice but to pay what they were charging, then maybe I'd say intervene, otherwise capitalism...

Telling a company what they can and can not charge for their products is not American.

Dictating what a company can and can not charge for a product is definitely not American.

If they want to charge 4 billion for a box of 50 rounds of 9mm, they should have the rights to do so.

If they were a monopoly and you didn't have a choice but to pay what they were charging, then maybe I'd say intervene, otherwise capitalism...
Can't argue with you there. But, I'll bet the AG has aspirations for a higher office.

Can't argue with you there. But, I'll bet the AG has aspirations for a higher office.

BINGO on both counts!

Well then he/she is showing his/her true colors. Go down that route, you ain't standing for true rights. You are cowering to feels.

I get grief here for feels a lot, but one thing that makes me smile is when those that quote me for feels, get feels for those asking what they ask for something they are selling.

I'll give it a shot.

There are laws on the book against price hikes on critical items during a declared disaster, ammo was included. As an example instead of ammo gas prices shot up to $25 per gallon overnight.
I understand those laws and I still disagree with them.

If gas stopped coming, IE a person owned a gas station, and they were no longer going to get anymore gas, period. They and there business were done. Money is becoming worthless. It's not okay for them to start asking for silver coin for payment? Government and the good of the people supersede the right of the individual, something our country was based on?

Well then he/she is showing his/her true colors. Go down that route, you ain't standing for true rights. You are cowering to feels.

I get grief here for feels a lot, but one thing that makes me smile is when those that quote me for feels, get feels for those asking what they ask for something they are selling.

Wait.... something feels a bit off here. :s0153:

:D

I understand those laws and I still disagree with them.

If gas stopped coming, IE a person owned a gas station, and they were no longer going to get anymore gas, period. They and there business were done. Money is becoming worthless. It's not okay for them to start asking for silver coin for payment? Government and the good of the people supersede the right of the individual, something our country was based on?

And if gas is still coming, just straight up taking advantage of a declared emergency to increase profit? That is the intent of those type of laws.

I'm not real familiar with Texas' statute, but know Louisiana has a law that prevents jackasses from taking advantage of a declared disaster (like a hurricane) on essential items. It has some teeth too, with fines and possibly jail terms.

Not being familiar enough with the Texas law I wonder if CTD could argue someone could have bought elsewhere? Don't know, but it would be interesting to see the legal machinery turn.

And if gas is still coming, just straight up taking advantage of a declared emergency to increase profit? That is the intent of those type of laws.
If the gas is still coming but delayed, I don't see the problem with increasing price. That's basic Supply and demand. Shop still has costs, and if the next supply of fuel is coming two months from now, you will need to pay for two months of costs with zero product to sell. Increase price now to cover next two months.

CTD may or may not be the worse, but if you sell a steady supply of ammo through the year, and that's your main source of revenue, then you are told your next years orders are all back ordered and you may not get any ammo to sell for months maybe years, you still need to pay for things, what would you do, sell at the same price and go under?

Expect it to get dismissed/thrown out of the court right quick because wait for it... ammo is not an essential/necessary item that one cannot live without :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: water, milk, groceries, some fuels... yes. Ammo? Nope. Guns? Also nope. Soap? Not really :s0001:

If the gas is still coming but delayed, I don't see the problem with increasing price. That's basic Supply and demand. Shop still has costs, and if the next supply of fuel is coming two months from now, you will need to pay for two months of costs with zero product to sell. Increase price now to cover next two months.

CTD may or may not be the worse, but if you sell a steady supply of ammo through the year, and that's your main source of revenue, then you are told your next years orders are all back ordered and you may not get any ammo to sell for months maybe years, you still need to pay for things, what would you do, sell at the same price and go under?

So we should pick and choose which laws to follow?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews