JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then after that's gone freedom of speech but that's already going probably be gone before the second amendment let's not forget about hunting . fishing . camping. driving your car .IT WILL DRIVE FOR YOU.working lol that's already disappearing YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK IF YOU DON'T WANT TOO the government will support you ....... maybe.

I for one fall into "the books will not be forgotten camp"...But what else would you expect from a guy who loves antique guns?...:D

To me a computer , kindle , nook or any other electric reader ...is cold and impersonal , while a book has warmth and sense of history about it.
Andy

You left out the most important thing that is disappearing and will be gone soon THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Define 'soon'.

It is going, and I think it is inevitable if for no other reason than the fact that gun owners are increasingly a smaller and smaller percentage of the population, decreasing our political power while the anti-gunners and those who do not care enough to say anything, increase in power.

But how fast is a matter of debate. I've been watching this happen with increasing awareness for almost 50 years. I have about 20 years left to live. I don't think our freedom to exercise our rights (not just the SA) will disappear before I am gone, but I do see them slipping away - sometimes overnight with a new law or court decision, sometimes very very gradually with little rules by this or that gov. agency.

20171126_135116.jpg
The cloud one is not 100% true.

If you print a picture it becomes yours.

I also don't believe books will ever die. Too much value still held in paper printed word.

Other than that your list is pretty spot on.

Funny you say that. I was partying with the sister in law last weekend and one of her friends was taking pics, and handing them out to people, with a NEW Polaroid camera. It blew my mind. I thought those things were dead long ago. It was cool. The pics are about half the size. It did trigger a conversation between us about how physically having a pic is harder to get rid of than just simply deleting it from your phone or whatever. When you physically hold that memory in your hand, its much harder to throw it away.....I just might invest in one....

Last Edited:
View attachment 409861

Funny you say that. I was partying with the sister in law last weekend and one of her friends was taking pics, and handing them out to people, with a NEW Polaroid camera. It blew my mind. I thought those things were dead long ago. It was cool. The pics are about half the size. It did trigger a conversation between us about how physically having a pic is harder to get rid of than just simply deleting it from your phone or whatever. When you physically hold that memory in your hand, its much harder to throw it away.....I just might invest in one....
Yep I go develop pictures all the time I have pictures hanging on my walls they make great conversation when people come to my house

Yep I go develop pictures all the time I have pictures hanging on my walls they make great conversation when people come to my house

I print them out right on my desk with a Canon inkjet printer. Course I can also do the old fashion wet dark room working from negatives.

On the cloud... close, but that's not really how it works.
An analogy would be that instead of having a garage (hard drive), you lease space at a storage unit that picks up and delivers (the cloud). Only that storage facility has security teams, firewalls and other protection, creates backups of your items in case of hardware failure and has effectively infinite space.

Meh. His first album was awesome. His second was good. Now he just turns out the same old regurgitated crap to fulfill his record label contract.
His latest Mr. Missunderstood, is the greatest album he's done. Incredible album. He's one of one. Nobody has ever had that sound mix. He and his band are real musicians. 90% of country acts fake guitar play.

Some of these things can't go fast enough. The Post Office for one. They lose billions of $$ every year. And I damn sure won't miss the junk mail. If I were POTUS I would drive an initiative to make junk mail illegal. Pencil in "Cabo" in 2020. :D

Checks, Newspaper, and landline phones are no big deal. No more real books is kinda sad but from the practical and conservation side of things it makes sense. I'm not sure how I feel about music. Good music is precious but there's so little of it these days.

Things change.

You forgot public access to undeveloped, wide open, green spaces. May take a little longer than one life time, but I see it happening. I suppose I could always go back to a life at sea...if my wife would let me.

And natural clean water.

The music started to die when it and art where no longer offered as electives in the school curriculum. I don't know about the rest of you, but I remember having the opportunity to learn music from about fourth grade and all through high school. Though, like a fool, I never did. But many of my friends did. And it wasn't just these sorry recorder lessons they (struggle to) offer for a half an hour each week nowadays; I'm talkin' about full on learning to READ, WRITE, AND PLAY MUSIC, with orchestra instruments.

In the 70s and 80s, in my neighborhood, you could find at least a dozen or more aspiring garage bands within a five mile radius. And they were on fire. And most of these guys learned to play IN SCHOOL, on horns and viloins at first , then eventually diversifying to acoustic guitar and then electric.

If you trace the time when music and arts were cut from the curriculum (from about the late 70s to mid 80s depending on location), and trace the decline, in the main stream, of creative and innovative complex music, which I'd say that i really started to notice in the late 80s and saw become steadily worse as the 90s went by, you can actually see some what of a correlation of exactly one generation of kids without music and arts in the curriculum, going into the next generation and the ghetto and country trash that I hear youngsters listening to now. Give me old 60s R&B and any old country before 1980...jazz, rock and roll, and yes, I even loved the early 80s "new wave".
There are some good artists still, out there, but you really have to search for it.

1. Post Office: Since it is mentioned in the Constitution (Article I, Sec.8) it will probably hang around for a bit longer, though its usefulness may diminish. I will say that those of us living in rural areas still find it useful.

2. The Check: definitely possible.

3. Newspaper: Already happening. Personally, I haven't read one in years.

4. The Book: Nope. I believe lots of people will prefer books for many years to come. They may diminish in importance, but having access to knowledge without the need for electricity will always be attractive.

5. Land-line phone. Very likely. Many households today don't have one.

6. Music: Are you kidding? There will always be music as long as there are people. Now the music industry, well that will need to adapt or die.

7. Television: Possibly, but it's still a huge industry and the first thing stolen after a hurricane, so people definitely want them.

8. Physical Ownership. I agree the technology industry is moving this way, but there are some serious hurdles to cross first. The first being the speed factor. I don't know about you, but where I live access to the internet can be very slow, far too slow to run a speedy computer or do much heavy number-crunching for 3D illustration. Also, privacy will be an issue. Many companies developing products would be reluctant to trust to the security of the cloud when developing new products.

9-10. Yep

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top