JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done a bunch of HazMat classes. One thing to remember is if you need a gas mask,the stuff will permeate your skin also.
May make you breath easier but the gasses will still enter your body and do their job.

A few other things to consider for your BOB...

-Waterproof bag (big enough to hold your cold weather layers/change of clothes to keep them dry) - SealLine or Sea to Summit make some good ones, Aloksak makes smaller nags for your wallet, cell phone, etc - of course a ZipLock will do the job, as well
-A couple of contractor grade/size trash bags- tons of uses, including keeping your stuff dry, improvised poncho, stuff with leaves for a makeshift quilt, gathering water, etc
-GPS w/ spare batteries
-Map(s) of the local area
-CAT Tourniquet - When it comes to treating major trauma wounds in a field environment, tourniquets save more lives than any other item in a first aid kit. If you can find them, the SOF-Ts have the metal handle and are a bit more rugged than the standard issue CATs. Just make sure you get one that you can put on yourself with one hand
-SAM Splint - These are great splints, relatively lightweight, and their flexible structure lends them to a multitude of other uses
-550 Cord (aka paracord)
-Duct Tape - either buy one of the small rolls they sell for back packing or cut a small length off a big roll and wrap it around an MRE bag or something so you can peel it off if you need it.

I think most of the other essentials were hit in other posts.

That's very cleaver! I really enjoy her blog but missed this post.. Just a FYI I have in stock Smaller cans of gelled alcohol fuel <broken link removed> that you can also use in your vehicle with no fumes. These are great if you are hiding your basement or stuck in a cold car on a dirt road.. I like knowing how to make things my self.. but these are only $4.50 and burn 4-6 hours at 2500BTU...

Okay sales pitch aside... my only concern with the TP roll would be other fumes it might give off..

-Joshua

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads